PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami's Chambers to Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I laid out his numbers and the like last night, around 4-5 am I believe. Feel free to go back there rather than acting like an ass with your comments.

Yep, his numbers look pretty good to me considering six different QBS. So what made Wes Welker not an overpay with average numbers...The Pats gave a second for him and that was just one season. Should I put up Welker's numbers for his first few seasons too? I using your analysis here.

You don't think they will have to play Chambers any different than Jackson? I guarantee you that they will.

Yeah, DBs will have to notice that he's in a different uniform now, so I guess that's playing him differently.

Yeah, DBs will have to notice that he's in a different uniform now, so I guess that's playing him differently.

Once again, a useless comment with no facts..You're getting better though..

Yep, his numbers look pretty good to me considering six different QBS. So what made Wes Welker not an overpay with average numbers...The Pats gave a second for him and that was just one season. Should I put up Welker's numbers for his first few seasons too? I using your analysis here.

It was always easy to see the difference between Chambers and Welker, and fortunately, they both played with the same QBs, so we don't have to factor that in.

Chambers is physically gifted, but he has no heart and he drops way too many balls. Welker caught everything that came his way and busted his ass 100% on every down.

Now you're just being deliberately obtuse. Welker was a restricted free agent. That meant that the Dolphins could have matched whatever offer the Patriots made him and retained him. It also meant that, at a minimum, Welker was going to cost a 2nd round pick if the Dolphins didn't match the offer. His price tag was inherently high due to the rules of the CBA. There was nothing like that in place for the Chambers trade.

Once again, a useless comment with no facts..You're getting better though..

Check the standings: NE and Miami are in the same division, therefore they place twice a year. NE plays Chambers no differently than they played Jackson. He's not a game-changer.

So please tell me how a Chargers fan who practically never saw Chambers play knows him better than all of these NE fans who watched him at least twice a year.

It was always easy to see the difference between Chambers and Welker, and fortunately, they both played with the same QBs, so we don't have to factor that in.

Chambers is physically gifted, but he has no heart and he drops way too many balls. Welker caught everything that came his way and busted his ass 100% on every down.

Yeah, I like Welker, but I don't think defenses are terrified of him. Maybe Moss, or even Stallworth. Welker is the #3, while Chambers is the #1. Defenses are not going to say, hey don't cover Chambers because he drops some passes. They are still going to be concerned if he is left one on one, which will help Gates and the rest of the offense.

Check the standings: NE and Miami are in the same division, therefore they place twice a year. NE plays Chambers no differently than they played Jackson. He's not a game-changer.

So please tell me how a Chargers fan who practically never saw Chambers play knows him better than all of these NE fans who watched him at least twice a year.

You might have a point watching Chambers being a Pats fan, but Miami does not have LT and Gates to worry about also. I thought Chambers put of some pretty good numbers against the Pats over the years.

Yeah, I like Welker, but I don't think defenses are terrified of him. Maybe Moss, or even Stallworth. Welker is the #3, while Chambers is the #1. Defenses are not going to say, hey don't cover Chambers because he drops some passes. They are still going to be concerned if he is left one on one, which will help Gates and the rest of the offense.

Not if they have a competent cover guy, they won't.

Welker was one of only a few guys that the Pats routinely double-covered. How few? Well, I'd have to think a while to come up with another one.

Can Chambers help? Maybe. But don't think he's going to magically make things easier for the Chargers O. We won't even mention how they still have Rivers throwing him the ball.

Now you're just being deliberately obtuse. Welker was a restricted free agent. That meant that the Dolphins could have matched whatever offer the Patriots made him and retained him. It also meant that, at a minimum, Welker was going to cost a 2nd round pick if the Dolphins didn't match the offer. His price tag was inherently high due to the rules of the CBA. There was nothing like that in place for the Chambers trade.

Uh, you know, it was still a second that they gave up regardless of the situation.. A second is a second any way you look at it. The Pats felt a second was worth the value to give up. If they felt a second was too high, then they would have said forget it.

Uh, you know, it was still a second that they gave up regardless of the situation.. A second is a second any way you look at it. The Pats felt a second was worth the value to give up. If they felt a second was too high, then they would have said forget it.

So what? They knew they weren't overpaying. The organization wasn't guessing that he'd be worth a #2 and a #7; they knew he'd be, because they already knew what kind of player he was.

Not if they have a competent cover guy, they won't.

Welker was one of only a few guys that the Pats routinely double-covered. How few? Well, I'd have to think a while to come up with another one.

Can Chambers help? Maybe. But don't think he's going to magically make things easier for the Chargers O. We won't even mention how they still have Rivers throwing him the ball.

I know that Chambers will open up the offense. Rivers is a good QB, but he's only in his second year of starting. Some of his recent games have made me scratch my head, but the guy is a winner on the field.

Chambers is better than what the Sparklers have now, but he is still the third option. If you think teams are going to roll a safety his way, removing one from defending either Gates or LT, you're mistaken. Sure, he'll be able to provide a few extra plays here and there, but he is mostly going to be contained by one-on-one matchups with the other team's top corner. He isn't going to put this offense over the top.

And, in reference to a post about Chambers playing well against the Pats, uhhhh... no. One 100+ yarder from him since '01, with many more duds. He's broken 75 yards twice, if I recall correctly.

Good luck against Indy, though.

So what? They knew they weren't overpaying. The organization wasn't guessing that he'd be worth a #2 and a #7; they knew he'd be, because they already knew what kind of player he was.

I think you just made my point. Norv knows Chambers from working as his OC in Miami, which is the year Chambers went to the Pro Bowl. So if the Chargers feel the value of a second is worth it just as the Pats did with Welker, then how are they overpaying?

Chambers is better than what the Sparklers have now, but he is still the third option. If you think teams are going to roll a safety his way, removing one from defending either Gates or LT, you're mistaken. Sure, he'll be able to provide a few extra plays here and there, but he is mostly going to be contained by one-on-one matchups with the other team's top corner. He isn't going to put this offense over the top.

And, in reference to a post about Chambers playing well against the Pats, uhhhh... no. One 100+ yarder from him since '01, with many more duds. He's broken 75 yards twice, if I recall correctly.

Good luck against Indy, though.

Good post Brad. Thanks for the stats on Chambers against the Pats. Jackson can now move to the number 2 spot, which will put him against the lesser corner also opening his options a bit more. I'm looking at the overall dynamics, which I'm not going crazy about, but I feel will help the offense open in different spots.

Calm down PatSox23. Most of us here in San Diego are taking the trade in stride. Nice pickup, should help Rivers, we'll wait and see.

If that were the actual reaction going on over at the Charger board I read, then I'd agree and "calm down." Unfortunately, wisdom such as yours is not in big supply over there. Thing is, you probably know it, so don't B.S. us here. Just say, "Patsox, don't generalize, there are those of us who...blah blah blah." But don't make your argument that "most" of you are taking it in stride. That's silly and untrue.

Last edited:
He wasn't worth a second round pick and you gave up a second round pick. That's the overpay. I really don't understand why you Chargers fans are getting your backs up over this. Sometimes you find yourself in a position where you have to overpay. It doesn't make you evil, it doesn't make you a bad person, and it doesn't make you a fool.

Brilliance. Absolutely correct. We're not saying the Chargers are screwed or that it doesn't help them. With Parker going on IR, clearly you were backed into a corner and got a bit fleeced. It doesn't mean it's a terrible move, just that you overpaid. And you aren't going to win this year anyway b/c the Pats and Colts are head and shoulders above you.

I think part of what may be fueling this is the subtext that you guys think the Chargers are now "back" - I genuinely believe you guys consider yourselves possibly BETTER than the Pats. You just got off to a rough start. That's what you think privately, isn't it?

You don't seem to be grasping the notion of overpaying when it comes to the NFL. I'll simply leave it at that.

Last edited:
Norv knows Chambers from working as his OC in Miami, which is the year Chambers went to the Pro Bowl.

Please, PLEASE keep making football decisions based on what Norv Turner "knows."

This definitely improves the Sparkler's offense! Chambers is a great receiver, but the question begs, can Philip "Cry Me A" Rivers step up and be the QB every bandwagon fan in SD thinks he is?

Interesting, seeing as how New England has 10x the bandwagon fans SD has ever had...

It's not too hard to root for a team that's won 3 superbowls in the last 5 years. Try rooting for a team that goes 1-15, oh wait you will never have to because when Brady retires and the pats suck again you will be nowhere to be found, like 80percent of your fickle ass "know-it-all" fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back