PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami's Chambers to Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsReign
I find it amusing how Charger fans want to come here to read what we have to say about the Chambers acquisition. As if we're going to be concerned

Try getting some D-backs who can cover our receivers.

pot kettle, mister 'visit the chargers board every 5 seconds'

What?? Your post makes absolutely no sense at all...except to you possibly.

Are you trying to say chargers fans believe the Patriots need to get d-backs to cover your receivers or that chargers fans agree with my point?

Are you a Chargers fan jcdavey? OH YES!!! I remember you! Yes you are...how's that 3-3 record and "attempting to get your swagger back" going?:eek:

What a joke LT has been. He's gone from publically calling out the Patriots for being classless from the "top-down" to now praising the Patriots coach publically on the NFL Network...saw it last night...talk about a chameleon, c'mon LT.

BTW...notice how relaxed our moderators are with opposing fans while your's ban someone for posting anything that hints at being anti-Charger. Just like your owner who won't sell playoff tickets to Patriots fans...nice organization!

Last edited:
So you're telling us the Chargers don't evaluate talent very well?

They do an excellent job. Remember though, they benefitted immensely through the greed/idiocy of the Giants and Falcons during the Vick and Eli Manning deals. They gleaned a windfall of extra early picks.

They do an excellent job. Remember though, they benefitted immensely through the greed/idiocy of the Giants and Falcons during the Vick and Eli Manning deals. They gleaned a windfall of extra early picks.

guess you missed my point. If welker was on their practice squad & left unprotected...that's not evaluating talent very well. At least in the case of Welker.

Last edited:
The Charger boards are INSANE on this trade. I think Chambers is a solid pick-up, especially since their WRs are, thus far, not-so-hot. But good LORD - they're proclaiming that he is the Final Piece and that he has, and I quote, "excellent hands."

They literally know NOTHING about this guy, and their attributing a skill-set to him that NOBODY in the NFL thinks, including Chambers himself. It's a good, solid move (an overpay, but still), but these people are freakin' jet-fan-level DELUSIONAL. Truly ignorant.

I for one am a die hard Charger fan and I do understand Chamber's potential to drop some passes, however the guy is now the best receiver on the roster and will force defenses to back out of the box freeing up LT. An overpay? Really? How many #1 wide outs drafted this year will come in and force defenses to play differently? How many will even pan out, or become busts? The Chargers also have so much talent on the team that many of the draft picks will not make the club. Granted, second round picks are valuable, but if you look at just solely how Chambers can open up LT and Gates even more, then the deal is a steal at just that point. Lets not also forget that receivers take about three years to hit their stride and figure things out. So I ask, where is the overpay?

I for one am a die hard Charger fan and I do understand Chamber's potential to drop some passes, however the guy is now the best receiver on the roster and will force defenses to back out of the box freeing up LT. An overpay? Really? How many #1 wide outs drafted this year will come in and force defenses to play differently? How many will even pan out, or become busts? The Chargers also have so much talent on the team that many of the draft picks will not make the club. Granted, second round picks are valuable, but if you look at just solely how Chambers can open up LT and Gates even more, then the deal is a steal at just that point. Lets not also forget that receivers take about three years to hit their stride and figure things out. So I ask, where is the overpay?

He wasn't worth a second round pick and you gave up a second round pick. That's the overpay. I really don't understand why you Chargers fans are getting your backs up over this. Sometimes you find yourself in a position where you have to overpay. It doesn't make you evil, it doesn't make you a bad person, and it doesn't make you a fool.

Yup he stays, for now. But that doesn't rule out the Jets trading him sometime before the 2008 draft.

You made the understandable error of mixing up two absolutely terrible franchises. :)

So I ask, where is the overpay?

Just look at recent trades for wide receivers around the league.

TO for a 2nd round pick.
Randy Moss for a 4th round pick.

Both of these guys are probably heading to Canton.
Chambers is no where on the level of those guys.
Thus a 2nd round pick for Chambers, a talented but inconsistent receiver who has the dropsies, is considered overpaying.

Chambers has value to your team since your team really has no receiving threats outside of Antonio Gates, but I think your team had to overpay to get Chambers. It might end up being well worth it to improve your offense and try to free up some running room for LT... but make no mistake your team had to overpay to acquire him.

That's the only way Miami can beat NE now - through a proxy.

He wasn't worth a second round pick and you gave up a second round pick. That's the overpay. I really don't understand why you Chargers fans are getting your backs up over this. Sometimes you find yourself in a position where you have to overpay. It doesn't make you evil, it doesn't make you a bad person, and it doesn't make you a fool.

So I explained the dynamics Chambers will add to the offense by opening up key players and forcing defenses to respect his abilities, but the only thing you can state is the he was not worth a second, and that is the overpay? Come on man, you can do better than that. Give me some facts on the over pay and maybe you can have a legit point. That would be like me saying that before Wes Welker played a down, the Pats had over payed just because I said they over payed. It would make no sense at all if I could not explain why.

guess you missed my point. If welker was on their practice squad & left unprotected...that's not evaluating talent very well. At least in the case of Welker.

Agreed in that case....a big mistake. The Phins have been taking hits from the pundits on letting Welker go for a 2nd and a 7th. The Classy Coachkillers let their best receiver get plucked for nothing.

It will be interesting to see how they do as a mature franchise drafting at the end of the rounds now.

Just look at recent trades for wide receivers around the league.

TO for a 2nd round pick.
Randy Moss for a 4th round pick.

Both of these guys are probably heading to Canton.
Chambers is no where on the level of those guys.
Thus a 2nd round pick for Chambers, a talented but inconsistent receiver who has the dropsies, is considered overpaying.

Chambers has value to your team since your team really has no receiving threats outside of Antonio Gates, but I think your team had to overpay to get Chambers. It might end up being well worth it to improve your offense and try to free up some running room for LT... but make no mistake your team had to overpay to acquire him.

I bet the entire league would have stated the Pats over payed to get Welker when the deal was made. The Pats considered his value to be worth a second due to what he would add to the offense. Welker was not in the league of TO, or Moss.

So I explained the dynamics Chambers will add to the offense by opening up key players and forcing defenses to respect his abilities, but the only thing you can state is the he was not worth a second, and that is the overpay? Come on man, you can do better than that. Give me some facts on the over pay and maybe you can have a legit point. That would be like me saying that before Wes Welker played a down, the Pats had over payed just because I said they over payed. It would make no sense at all if I could not explain why.

The facts have been laid out numerous times and I'm not going to repeat them every time some new Chargers fan shows up and decides he/she doesn't want to read the thread before rushing to defend something that doesn't need to be defended.

Why do you think Chambers will open up things more than SD's current receivers do? He's not going to draw double-teams. Teams don't scheme to stop Chris Chambers.

The facts have been laid out numerous times and I'm not going to repeat them every time some new Chargers fan shows up and decides he/she doesn't want to read the thread before rushing to defend something that doesn't need to be defended.

So what this means is that you have no answer, but only your opinion...Gotcha.

I bet the entire league would have stated the Pats over payed to get Welker when the deal was made. The Pats considered his value to be worth a second due to what he would add to the offense. Welker was not in the league of TO, or Moss.

Read the thread before you start posting the same things others have already posted. Welker was a restricted free agent. This upped his price on the market.

Anyone have a count on Miami's draft picks next year? It is supposed to be a deeper draft. By the same token, with picks like Ginn, they will need as many selections as they can get.

So what this means is that you have no answer, but only your opinion...Gotcha.

I laid out his numbers and the like last night, around 4-5 am I believe. Feel free to go back there rather than acting like an ass with your comments.

Why do you think Chambers will open up things more than SD's current receivers do? He's not going to draw double-teams. Teams don't scheme to stop Chris Chambers.

You don't think they will have to play Chambers any different than Jackson? I guarantee you that they will.

Anyone have a count on Miami's draft picks next year? It is supposed to be a deeper draft. By the same token, with picks like Ginn, they will need as many selections as they can get.

Back off of Ginn. He's averaging .5 catches. That's per game, homes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back