PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Love our draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forever pushing the boundaries on Homerism

He was already listed. Man I miss Mayo though. We didn’t always agree and sometimes things got testy but he was outstanding in the draft forum.
Anyone know what happened to him?

No. I fear something bad though. His posting just ceased one day and he hasn’t logged in since.

Meh, rip Brace. Still not a bad draft overall for the Pats in a atrocious class. Came away with two long term starters in Vollmer and Chung. After some of the lucky darts with McCoy, Unger and Byrd not much to mention.
Did the Pats also use those picks in the trade to Greenbay that they used to get Mathews, to aquire Gronkowski the following year?

Wasn't Edelman from that draft class also?

In our provincial rear view mirror many Pats fans take a negative view of how the Patriots draft.. in the provincial rear view mirror of every NFL tame every team drafts poorly..

A team like Cleveland who in the past 10 years has picked at an average of pick #12 should be great by now.. amiright??? The Jets are not much better..

A team like the Pats who in the past 10 years has picked at an average of pick #23 should be less great by now??? Since 2009 there have been 4 drafts with no first round picks.. last year the Pats picked only 4 players in the draft..

Many fans get huge wedgies over the "ineptitude" of the Pats and their ability to draft, and already the negative nabobs are preparing their commentary of how the "NFL has passed BB by", "Senility has set in", at the end of the day.. whether or not I like the draft is not all that important as no matter what they do, this team will be better.

No. I fear something bad though. His posting just ceased one day and he hasn’t logged in since.
So I noticed. I feared the same thing. :( wondered if anyone knew him personally around here.

So I noticed. I feared the same thing. :( wondered if anyone knew him personally around here.

He did tend to take some long breaks from posting here, but not this long. He would also post over on that inferior message board PatriotsPlanet when he did. But I looked over there and haven't seen activity from him there either. Hope he's okay.

I think a lot of people aren't taking into consideration that trading up for a QB will not only weaken the team for this season but could also weaken the team in the long term if that QB doesn't pan out.
You should be GM of the Jete!

Its not the whole draft in general, just the second rnd.

Compared to what other team?? The whole draft is a crap shoot.. and most teams have similar issues..

FYI in the 2nd round under BB they picked Adrian Klemm, Matt Light, Deion Branch, Eugene Wilson, Marquis Hill, Pat Chung, Sebastian Volmer, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Spikes, Shane Vereen, Jamie Collins, Jimmy G...

Not bad considering where we pick..

Compared to what other team?? The whole draft is a crap shoot.. and most teams have similar issues..

FYI in the 2nd round under BB they picked Adrian Klemm, Matt Light, Deion Branch, Eugene Wilson, Marquis Hill, Pat Chung, Sebastian Volmer, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Spikes, Shane Vereen, Jamie Collins, Jimmy G...

Not bad considering where we pick..
The year ros i dowling was drfted i went back to the 2000 draft, i counted around fifteen busts. Theres been a few more since than like tavon wilson and jordan richarson. Will i may drink the BB kool aid most of the time the second rnd of the draft isn't one of them. They mostly have to do with d backs, but even some of the names you listed wouldn't be considered positive hits eg. Klemm, M Hill. If BB keeps both first rounders they both will be great picks, he hits on 1st rounders most of the time.

This thread is positively Panglossian ;)

Shocking thread

This is definitely a bizarre thread and very "Homerish" to come out and already agree with their draft picks. What's the point of being a fan or even discussing this on a messageboard if you agree with everything your sports team does?

Seriously. o_O

There's nothing wrong with expressing confidence in the guy making the decisions.
thumb.gif

...especially if that guy happens to be the greatest ever ~ Bill Belichick.
beer.gif

But fawning obedience, in lieu of independent thought?? :eek:

Big Brother Approves of this Thread. :rolleyes:

Every team can be called out for butchering drafts, since maybe 60% of draft picks are busts relative to projection. A team that knocks the bust rate down to 40% is doing great. Does it mean they drop it to zero? No. Is that achievable? History says no.

Disagree.

All Picks are Gambles.

Even the #1 Pick in the Draft is a Calculated Risk.

There, we agree, I expect.

But there are ways to assess value.

It is possible to get every Pick right...relative to the value of the Pick.

In fact, there is no excuse for not getting every Pick right.

Whether or not the Odds pay off ~ and they're usually long ~ is beside the point.

I'm very confident that virtually nobody follows that line of thought.

Great question because that’s exactly the point.
I hate that move but would support it because
A) Belichick has 1000x more information than me ( or anyone else liking or disliking the move)
B) Belichick is much more capable of dissecting that information than me (or anyone else giving an amateur opinion)
C) the odds of it working out are better than I suspect if B.B. believes in it

So why ever express an opinion? :eek:

Seriously. o_O

This is 100% speculation, but I'd bet cold, hard, cash that Brother Mayo's 100% fine.

Like myself, he's trying to find a way to balance things.

His Passion for FootBall...His Passion for Life.

He's young...He'll figure it out.

Just give'm time...and perspective.

Again: 100% speculation.

I have tremendous confidence in Bill Belichick & the NE scouting staff, so when I hear a NE draft pick and say "who???" I do think that I'm just not as informed.

We'd all have to admit, though, there have been some picks that at the time looked pretty nonsensical and turned out to be awful picks. For me the best example was drafting Florida linebacker Jermaine Cunningham. Having watched pretty much all the UF games that year, Carlos Dunlap was quite a stud linebacker. Cunningham was pretty much just another guy. I was like "really? really?" and it was indeed a wasted pick. But, it happens. BB must have seen a role but JC couldn't fill it.

I'd admit too that some picks I thought were a waste or a reach (Harmon, maybe even Slater, since at the time I was pulling for some now-forgotten binky) turned out fine, or even amazing.

Just saying... our draft is in pretty damn good hands. They make mistakes, even some real head-scratchers, but way less than most.

So why ever express an opinion? :eek:

Seriously. o_O
So you think that in order to have an opinion you need to think you are more knowledgeable than a genius on the topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots