PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Love our draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
ditto for Brace

Meh, rip Brace. Still not a bad draft overall for the Pats in a atrocious class. Came away with two long term starters in Vollmer and Chung. After some of the lucky darts with McCoy, Unger and Byrd not much to mention.
Did the Pats also use those picks in the trade to Greenbay that they used to get Mathews, to aquire Gronkowski the following year?

Appreciate it, but @BaconGrundleCandy is clearly the draft MVP this year. :)
Appreciate man. Means a lot & truth be told I think your great & always look for ur post, if not pm you for insight.

Reamer is doing great. I really need to put Bacon on my sig soon but he hasn't even been on this board for 2 years yet. I keep trying to break into that top 5 draft gurus on this board but someone is always coming up and taking my spot :p I feel like a 6th string Michigan QB over here!
Would be an honor bro. Again truth be told I joined this board bc of PFK, MWPF, M.C. & the rest of the draft board reg's.

Yes and no. I wouldn't dispute they have the right people generally making the right calls but I think there have been very obvious mistakes that could have been easily avoided.

I think some people in those draft rooms in general sometimes get too close to it all and it would be helpful if they could take a step back and have an outside view of things.

I do personally believe they would have a better draft if people like Manx/Bacon were in that room and had a voice.

At least they would have said stuff like "Don't pick Easley that high. At least trade down. Don't use a 2nd round pick on Jordan Richards. He will be on the board in day 3.

I don't generally have a problem with a lot of what BB and co do but occasionally they just do stupid crap for no reason (like sitting Butler in the super bowl).

Many of the best draft picks they made were championed by people on that draft board. Trey Flowers was instantly thought of as a great steal. People loved the Mason pick.

To be fair they did picks that went against conventional wisdom a bit and worked out. Harmon at 91 was a big reach at the time... But at 91 it's hard to complain about much so I don't think anyone was too mad. That worked out great and was good value in retrospect. Vollmer at 58 was a reach but honestly not the big reach it is remembered as. There was a lot of buzz about him being on a lot of teams boards as a very solid prospect.

So while I wouldn't replace BB and Co I would like some other voices in the room to keep them from making the occasional dumb choice driven by ego.
I agree. Look I'm not on the same planet as those big shots & not even saying me but another voice or two from the types you suggested. Fwiw I have grades going back to 2012 if you wanna check em out I can post in the draft forum.

Again appreciate the kind words.

We did pass on the most hyped prospect in Pats fans history in Connor Barwin that draft too. To the dismay of many.

I understood that in your initial post but why start a thread like this? .

The posts below should leave little doubt why this thread was started. ;)
It fulfills two of the OP's fundamental needs in one shot, to always have knee pads on for BB and to disagree with anyone else whenever possible.

The point is you don’t know if they have a bad draft.

Do you disagree?

Do you dispute that?

The point is you don’t know if they have a bad draft.

Why not start a thread like this?

We will have to disagree.

A reach based upon what?

Wasn’t my take but whatever.

The posts below should leave little doubt why this thread was started. ;)
It fulfills two of the OP's fundamental needs in one shot, to always have knee pads on for BB and to disagree with anyone else whenever possible.
contributing nothing again I see.
So having confidence in Bill Belichick somehow makes me wrong and asking people questions about their comments is disagreeing?
Nice to see you are still on top of your game an wrong about everything.

Are your sure you don't want us at Patsfans making those picks? I think we are a little bit more in the know then those guys:p

Let's have the guy that said BB should be fired back in February make the picks. :D

This is me right now on draft day eve.

1.jpg

Is your Bill Belichick Fathead above your head board washable?
Sorry I guess I’m supposed to think he sucks like the geniuses around here.

Do we have anything that we can get Andy for being the best fan? Maybe an Applebee’s gift card so he can drink $1 Bahama Mamas and tell all the other barflies about how he’s a great fan of the team?

. . . yeah, clearly they should have known that he would wash out due to injuries. I mean, they had all night to think about it!
You must have forgotten that his was actually coming off of serious injuries in college. So yeah, the Pats must of missed that memo.

I do personally believe they would have a better draft if people like Manx/Bacon were in that room and had a voice.
Who is Manx/Bacon?

At least they would have said stuff like "Don't pick Easley that high. At least trade down. Don't use a 2nd round pick on Jordan Richards. He will be on the board in day 3.
I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny regarding the people you named above.

Appreciate man. Means a lot & truth be told I think your great & always look for ur post, if not pm you for insight.

Would be an honor bro. Again truth be told I joined this board bc of PFK, MWPF, M.C. & the rest of the draft board reg's.

I agree. Look I'm not on the same planet as those big shots & not even saying me but another voice or two from the types you suggested. Fwiw I have grades going back to 2012 if you wanna check em out I can post in the draft forum.

Again appreciate the kind words.

Yes I would love to see those old grades if you would post them. :) Also they are not kind words. You earned them all. Me doing my big board took a hell of a long time and it isn't half as detailed or in depth as yours not to mention all the other content you give this site. Really I feel bad if I miss a post of yours cause I know it probably has some insight that took effort on your part as opposed to a lot of my post which are frankly opinion post and can be done with no preparation.

Who is Manx/Bacon?

I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny regarding the people you named above.

I'm not. Just short hand names.

BaconGrundleCandy and Manxman2601. They are 2 of my absolute favorite posters on this site. Really more than posters I see them as content providers who happen to give out great indepth content for free.

Meh, rip Brace. Still not a bad draft overall for the Pats in a atrocious class. Came away with two long term starters in Vollmer and Chung. After some of the lucky darts with McCoy, Unger and Byrd not much to mention.
Did the Pats also use those picks in the trade to Greenbay that they used to get Mathews, to aquire Gronkowski the following year?

Yep. They traded one of them to JAX. The picks they got back became 98% of GRONK.

Oh, yeah, Minitron too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes