PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like Eric Decker retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were totally overmatched because Vollmer was playing hurt at LT and they didn't have Cannon at RT. And every Pats OLinemen that year with the exception of Andrews missed time due to an injury. They had zero continuity.

Wasn't there also talk about the center broadcasting the snap?

I know you love your stats but they were totally overmatched against the best team in the AFC that year which was the Broncos.
Your comment was about stats, TD passes.
Scoring isn’t so much a stat as a overall rating of the most important part of an offenses.

Funny they were “totally overmatched” by a team they split 2 games with.
You need to think more and type less, or ask people who were paying attention.

Von Miller was a one man wrecking crew that entire game. Wade Phillips just attacked Cam Newton, who was overwhelmed the entire game. Cam isn't afraid of NE. I've never seen Cam afraid of NE.

I think I see the problem...

Might be the first time anyone suggested trading a pick for a player that might even have issues making our practice squad.

Definitely not the first time.

Carolina is still a bad matchup for them.

Two games is enough to reach this conclusion? How so?

If McCourty hadn't been erroneously called for DPI in 2015, and NE's following drive won with a FG instead, would Carolina still be a bad matchup? How about if Carolina hadn't had the good fortune of facing NE's defense at their Keystone Cop-est last year, would they still be a bad matchup?

You do realize that Carolina made the playoffs both seasons, right? Why should close games between playoff teams be indicative of much of anything?

Your comment was about stats, TD passes.
Scoring isn’t so much a stat as a overall rating of the most important part of an offenses.

Funny they were “totally overmatched” by a team they split 2 games with.
You need to think more and type less, or ask people who were paying attention.
My original comment was that Brady would have in the low to mid 20’s in TD passes like 2006 and 2013. That’s all I said. You then bring in their team stat of “3rd in scoring” which was not relevant to what I was talking about.

A lot of things had to go right to beat Denver in N.E. that year. Going to Denver for the AFCCG without Gronk, Thompkins and Dobson as your starting WR’s. Amendola’s first year with the team. Austin Collie? Come on Andy.

Last edited:
Two games is enough to reach this conclusion? How so?

If McCourty hadn't been erroneously called for DPI in 2015, and NE's following drive won with a FG instead, would Carolina still be a bad matchup? How about if Carolina hadn't had the good fortune of facing NE's defense at their Keystone Cop-est last year, would they still be a bad matchup?

You do realize that Carolina made the playoffs both seasons, right? Why should close games between playoff teams be indicative of much of anything?

LOL! Two games!
Because for some reason, Cam becomes Tom Brady.

Lol gotta respect the hustle in trying to trade a guy nobody wanted til we signed him in August.

Regardless, Cam does well against this team.

In two games. One of which was against last year's team at its Keystone Cop-iest.

Have you ever heard the team "small sample size"?

In two games. One of which was against last year's team at its Keystone Cop-iest.

Have you ever heard the team "small sample size"?

Is the team small sample size in the NFL? NFC West?

What is a large sample size in this league when teams outside the conference don’t playeach other often? I would include last week’s dress rehearsal to your sample size since Cam faced our starters. He’s thrown for 6 TDs in 2 regular season games against NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents