PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like Eric Decker retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the team small sample size in the NFL? NFC West?

What is a large sample size in this league when teams outside the conference don’t playeach other often? I would include last week’s dress rehearsal to your sample size since Cam faced our starters. He’s thrown for 6 TDs in 2 regular season games against NE.

It's ridiculous to try including an exhibition game.

Cam has played well in both regular season games against us. Having said that, last years game was more about the communication breakdowns in the secondary than how well cam played. So many wide open WRs any QB worth anything would’ve put up huge numbers.

Thought it was a gag. He's not retiring, but he looks retired.

Is the team small sample size in the NFL? NFC West?

What is a large sample size in this league when teams outside the conference don’t playeach other often? I would include last week’s dress rehearsal to your sample size since Cam faced our starters. He’s thrown for 6 TDs in 2 regular season games against NE.
Sample size doesn’t become irrelevant because the sample doesn’t occur often by design.

Worst WR core in the NFL, hands down, especially the first 4 weeks
reche_caldwell__1_3.jpg

Eric Decker is just another example of that the difference between being a good starting WR and out of the NFL really isn't that much.

Decker put up 4 years of 1000 yard+ play (Only 962 in 2014; but close enough) and then he got injured in 2016. He lost a step due to that and it through the rest of his game off.

The amount of NFL players who can afford to lose a little something and still be in the NFL isn't many.

I would include last week’s dress rehearsal to your sample size since Cam faced our starters.

LOL!

What is a large sample size in this league when teams outside the conference don’t playeach other often?

This does nothing to make your argument less tenuous. Are you suggesting that a small sample size somehow becomes less small because other samples are also small?

You understand you are citing a guy with no credentials who doesn’t understand what he is looking at right?

In general I try to take arguments on their face based on the evidence that is presented rather than rely on my opinion of the person making the argument. YMMV.

It wasn't the first time someone noticed Stork doing that.

Horrible Passing: The KC Recap - Inside The Pylon
This brings us to the Tamba Hali strip-sack. Pay particular attention to the center Brian Stork’s helmet:

He puts his head down and then picks it back up right before the snap. Hali reads this and gets a fantastic jump on the play. Some stills illustrate just how big a read Hali got. Here is Stork with his head down:

Here is when he picks his head back up. Notice how Hali is the only player on the field other than Stork moving:

Solder does not have a chance here; it is likely there is not a left tackle in the league who can block Hali when he has a jump like this. Cadence and communication are difficult in a loud, raucous environment like Arrowhead Stadium. However, telegraphing the snap count like this is something Stork must never do again.

Yes listen to some bozos on the internet over the guy who was literally there employed by the Patriots. Lombardi clearly explained what was going on and why Storks head movement didn't give anything away at all. **** like that makes clowns like @TommyBrady12 actually press disagree on a post that gives facts because he doesn't understand what a snap count is and prefers fairy tales told by "Inside the Pylon".

In general I try to take arguments on their face based on the evidence that is presented rather than rely on my opinion of the person making the argument. YMMV.

You literally had the assistant GM of the Patriots during that time say out loud that this was not on Stork. This is like talking to flat earthers.

In both cases they do not understand what they are looking at. I’ve explained it at length. Stork is REQUIRED to lift his head to trigger the snap count.
If the snap count was “2” those players timing to his head lift would be offsides.
It’s like saying a qb tips the snap count by saying set when every play is called on 1 rather than because he called every play in 1.

“Someone on the internet write their opinion” isn’t basing in evidence, it’s replacing thought with someone else doing it for you, which in this case would be wrong.

In both cases they do not understand what they are looking at. I’ve explained it at length. Stork is REQUIRED to lift his head to trigger the snap count.
If the snap count was “2” those players timing to his head lift would be offsides.

That is the thing that those inet writers just dont understand. His head lifting is a symptom and not the cause of any issue because the snap count was never changed. Once again correlation is not causation.

That is the thing that those inet writers just dont understand. His head lifting is a symptom and not the cause of any issue because the snap count was never changed. Once again correlation is not causation.
Exactly. There has to be a trigger. Blaming the trigger for the snap count being jumped is stupid.
If you go to the take you will see plays were he raises his head then waits before snapping, because the count wasn’t 1. They just were too rare so the defense had an easy guess.

Exactly. There has to be a trigger. Blaming the trigger for the snap count being jumped is stupid.
If you go to the take you will see plays were he raises his head then waits before snapping, because the count wasn’t 1. They just were too rare so the defense had an easy guess.

Do you have any guess why it was so difficult to change the snap counts ? Why not at least alternating to gain a split second of hesitation ?

Do you have any guess why it was so difficult to change the snap counts ? Why not at least alternating to gain a split second of hesitation ?
They just screwed up.

They just screwed up.

Do you have any deeper explanation why this is so difficult ? I am sincerely still a bit confused about why it would be something that just could not be fixed. Am I missing something obvious ?

Ok, sorry. I misremembered the aftermath. I remembered a former Patriot lineman speaking out about it. This is all I could find:

Former Patriot Matt Light blames lack of preparation for loss to Broncos | Boston.com
In the AFC Championship Game, Demarcus Ware and Von Miller embarassed the Patriots offensive line, which left Tom Brady discombobulated, bruised, and frenetic. And the Patriots lost, 20-18.

In the AFC Championship Game, Demarcus Ware and Von Miller embarassed the Patriots offensive line, which left Tom Brady discombobulated, bruised, and frenetic. And the Patriots lost, 20-18.

That incompetency on the offensive line stemmed from a lack of preparation, former Patriots offensive lineman Matt Light said.

“It wasn’t the talent on the field. They could have beat that team with a little bit more preparation and doing things a little better, and it didn’t happen.’’

The Patriots fired offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo less than 24 hours after the game.

Some wondered if Patriots center Bryan Stork was tipping the snap count by bobbing his head. Broncos’ Miller, however, told The Globe Monday he didn’t think that was the case.

So, yup, snap count was the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back