PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like Eric Decker retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any deeper explanation why this is so difficult ? I am sincerely still a bit confused about why it would be something that just could not be fixed. Am I missing something obvious ?

They did fix it. They fired DeGuglielmo and brought back Scar.

Do you have any deeper explanation why this is so difficult ? I am sincerely still a bit confused about why it would be something that just could not be fixed. Am I missing something obvious ?

My guess is the "Hurry Up" aspect of our offense...we wanted to take as many snaps as possible to tire out the pass rush...and not allow them to catch their breath....

Ok, sorry. I misremembered the aftermath. I remembered a former Patriot lineman speaking out about it. This is all I could find:

Former Patriot Matt Light blames lack of preparation for loss to Broncos | Boston.com

So, yup, snap count was the issue.

No reason to be sorry or anything. I just don't understand why anyone would not take Lombardi's word for what happened in this case. He had no issues criticizing Patriots players since he left and also had no agenda to make Stork look good. Hell in another GM street episode he talked about how Stork was extremely undisciplined in practices often starting fights and being send away for it in his time in Foxboro.

Also for a team that does a ****ton of self scouting as we have seen in articles and also in the DYJ documentaries I am sure someone would have noticed if there was an obvious tell by the center.

I mean what more explanation is there to the snap count wasn’t varied?
It was just overlooked.

My guess is the "Hurry Up" aspect of our offense...we wanted to take as many snaps as possible to tire out the pass rush...and not allow them to catch their breath....

I don't know the details of OL/DE play well enough to understand it. I would assume that throwing in a couple snap count variations to keep a defense with Von Miller and Ware (on a good day) honest would be worth making some sacrifices when it comes to tempo.

I mean what more explanation is there to the snap count wasn’t varied?
It was just overlooked.

Because this just makes no sense to me. How would anyone just overlook the Broncos continously jumping the snap count ? I mean there is staff of dozens of people on the sideline and up in the box. And nobody pointed out maybe we should vary the snap count ?

Like I said I don't know enough about this aspect to appreciate how difficult it is to change snap counts up (or alternate them). So maybe I am just underestimating how difficult that is.

Because this just makes no sense to me. How would anyone just overlook the Broncos continously jumping the snap count ? I mean there is staff of dozens of people on the sideline and up in the box. And nobody pointed out maybe we should vary the snap count ?

Like I said I don't know enough about this aspect to appreciate how difficult it is to change snap counts up (or alternate them). So maybe I am just underestimating how difficult that is.
There really is no other explanation. They wouldn’t do it on purpose.
It’s not that they never changed the snap count, it’s that they didn’t change it enough.
The issue has been blown into a lot more than it was. If you watch the tape its not as blatant as it’s made to sound. It’s a combination of making it easier for Miller to guess, Miller guessing right and Miller’s lightning first step.

I actually thought the Broncos were getting away with being offsides on many plays. Both Miller and Wolfe lined up offsides a few times, and it seemed to me that Miller was past Cannon before the ball was even in Tom's hands on a few occassions.

No reason to be sorry or anything. I just don't understand why anyone would not take Lombardi's word for what happened in this case. He had no issues criticizing Patriots players since he left and also had no agenda to make Stork look good. Hell in another GM street episode he talked about how Stork was extremely undisciplined in practices often starting fights and being send away for it in his time in Foxboro.

Also for a team that does a ****ton of self scouting as we have seen in articles and also in the DYJ documentaries I am sure someone would have noticed if there was an obvious tell by the center.

I didn't hear Mike say that. I listen to his podcast now, but didn't a couple of years ago when I presume he must have talked about this.

I didn't hear Mike say that. I listen to his podcast now, but didn't a couple of years ago when I presume he must have talked about this.
It was a more recent episode, within the last 2 weeks. He was talking about how the Browns deal with altercations versus Belichick's approach (anyone who fights leaves practice immediately). He said Stork came to practice ready to throw down basically every day.

Yes listen to some bozos on the internet over the guy who was literally there employed by the Patriots. Lombardi clearly explained what was going on and why Storks head movement didn't give anything away at all. **** like that makes clowns like @TommyBrady12 actually press disagree on a post that gives facts because he doesn't understand what a snap count is and prefers fairy tales told by "Inside the Pylon".

First of all, don’t be an AH and call me a clown. If you are sensitive to someone disagreeing with your post, don’t post on here. Presumably you are not in third grade.

Deguglielmo wasn’t responsible for the snap count.

They fired him 24 hours later for a reason. The offensive line was not well coached that day.

They fired him 24 hours later for a reason. The offensive line was not well coached that day.
Well first of all they didn’t fire him, his contract expired.
The OL was an injury ravaged mess.
The OL played like an injury ravaged mess

None of that means he is responsible for snap counts.

For the first 4 games we are thin but after that we are fine.
WR3 and Wr4 don’t play a ton of snaps (about 24 a game last year combined.) so either Dorsett or Patterson or a combination can be just fine in that role.
So, nobody is going to suffer any game-missing injuries all season, then?

So, nobody is going to suffer any game-missing injuries all season, then?
We keep 4 WRs pretty much every year. Why would this year be different. (I get Edelman misses the first 4 but we don’t use WR4 except for injury anyway.) keep 1 or 2 on the ps.

I actually thought the Broncos were getting away with being offsides on many plays. Both Miller and Wolfe lined up offsides a few times, and it seemed to me that Miller was past Cannon before the ball was even in Tom's hands on a few occassions.

Doping does that. Gets an already fantastic player and elevates him another 2 or 3 steps.

You will never see an awful player, fighter, runner or any other awful athlete for that matter benefit from doping.

You're talking 2013.
- Hernandez was in jail.
- Welker was with Denver after he, Branch, and Hernandez had terrible drops the previous year.
- Branch was toast so it was no surprise the Pats let him walk.
- Gronk went down in the 7th game of the season.

- They had signed Amendola who did nothing in the AFCCG that year.
- They drafted Dobson.

This idea that bill is getting way to cheap is ridiculous. You really think the Patriots would be a good team paying a WR $16M?

Amendola may be clutch in the play-offs, but he gets banged up as well. He only had 1 season of his 5 with NE where he played all 16 regular season games.

No I'm not saying pay a WR 16mill a year just give Brady some god damn weapons... Gronk and Hogan are bound to miss 4+ games a piece. Cooks, Amendola, Mitchell, Matthews Britt, Decker gone. They should have kept Amendola, he deserved every penny I can't count how many times he put the team on his back in the playoffs and super bowls.. Bill didn't give brady any great weapons on offense, all the guys he picked up were banged up and than he cut them. I wouldn't have said this before but now they should be looking at Dez, keep in mind he had a bum who couldn't throw him the football and bill is great working with Divas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft