PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kony Ealy - bold prediction, won't make roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the OP topic...Ealy.... Any reports on how Ealy performed vs. Jacksonville yesterday?

With that "me" at the end of "programme", you've gotta be British!! :D

Screw all those Reactionaries attacking you for making a Bold Prediction.

The entire Idea of making a Bold Prediction is to make it before it becomes obvious to The Masses. They get pissed off and snappish because they lack the both the Vision and the Testicular Fortitude to make a well-considered Prediction.

Ealy is actually ~ God Help Us ~ our most experienced Dragon, so it would be quite a Shock if this actually came to pass...But I think that you're Spot On when you hypothesize that Something's Not Right, Here. Mad Bill has always been utterly Fearless when it comes to Purging the Ranks of Bad Seeds...And I for one have never been much'f a Fan of Kony Ealy. Less is often far, far More.

Haha yes I'm British.

And thanks for the support. Cheers.

Back to the OP topic...Ealy.... Any reports on how Ealy performed vs. Jacksonville yesterday?

Looking through the twitter feed of some beat people it seems like more of the same from him.

Dussault wrote:

Pretty sure Kony Ealy is firmly on the bubble and I’d expect plenty of projected 53-man rosters to have him on the outside. He’ll need to get going in a hurry. Guys are getting longer looks with the top teams, but Ealy seems like an afterthought right now.

Nothing surprising really. But then again we got him almost for free so him contributing would have just been a freebie.

No particular order, and I'm sure I'll miss a couple:

Valentine
Brown
Branch
Rivers
Wise
Ealy
Flowers
Guy
Hightower
Harris
McClellin
Van Noy
Roberts
Langi

That's 14, so far. I assume one or both of Hamilton/Butler will be considered for the PS.

Assuming that Ealy can't even help in a rotational role takes us down to 13. Who am I missing for realistic competition?

Personally, I think Ealy stays.

This is most likely 14. However, I could see Grissom making the 53, over Ealy or Langi. Freeny and Bates are also in competition for the 14th spot.

Kilgo could compete for the PS.

Valentine
Brown
Branch
Rivers
Wise
Ealy
Flowers
Guy
Hightower
Harris
McClellin
Van Noy
Roberts
Langi

That's 14, so far. I assume one or both of Hamilton/Butler will be considered for the PS.

Assuming that Ealy can't even help in a rotational role takes us down to 13. Who am I missing for realistic competition?

This is most likely 14. However, I could see Grissom making the 53, over Ealy or Langi. Freeny and Bates are also in competition for the 14th spot.

Ah, Grissom. Yes.

Valentine
Brown
Branch
Rivers
Wise
Ealy
Flowers
Guy
Hightower
Harris
McClellin
Van Noy
Roberts
Langi

In 2016 (for most weeks), they carried 13 front-seven guys (including Grissom and Mingo, though both were exclusively special-teamers).

Don't blame yourself for forgetting the forgettable.

In the 11 games he was active, Grissom tied for Ebner for most special teams snaps played (22.7 per game). Mingo, Jon Jones, Bolden and King were all in the 18-19 ST snaps/game range. No one else topped 18 per game.

Grissom has made it through waivers before so I think that makes him more likely to be cut than Langi or Ealy.

Grissom has made it through waivers before so I think that makes him more likely to be cut than Langi or Ealy.

point?

We need Grissom or a replacement for ST's for Game 1

In the 11 games he was active, Grissom tied for Ebner for most special teams snaps played (22.7 per game). Mingo, Jon Jones, Bolden and King were all in the 18-19 ST snaps/game range. No one else topped 18 per game.
So, this is the core six of the Sters. We understand how important it is to be a starting STer for Belichick. So, how many of the six will Belichick be willing to lose (one is gone already and his reps need to be replaced).

IDK. I don't think Grissom is in the same category as Langi or Ealy. Whether Grissom is cut or not likely depends on how well the Pats are stocked with high-value special teamers. For instance, if Slater's injury is serious enough to keep him out of the opening game, it seems highly doubtful that Grissom would be cut.

The reality is that Grissom isn't any more in competition for a significant role in the front seven on defense than Bolden is in competition for significant snaps as an RB.

IOW, it's entirely possible that either Langi or Ealy could be cut without affecting Grissom's roster spot one bit - unless one or both of them become standout special teamers before the end of Camp.

It would suck to lose a 2nd round pick for nothing, but this prediction is getting less and less bold everyday and more like reality. When I first saw the thread I thought, no way. But I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen. The guy is just not getting it, and he may never get it. Tips my cap to Carolina.

It would suck to lose a 2nd round pick for nothing

No chance of that, at least. :)

They traded #64 for Ealy + #72. Then they traded #72 for two picks, one of which became Derek Rivers and the other of which was traded up and down and eventually became about 1/3 of Tony Garcia.

With that "me" at the end of "programme", you've gotta be British!! :D

Screw all those Reactionaries attacking you for making a Bold Prediction.

The entire Idea of making a Bold Prediction is to make it before it becomes obvious to The Masses. They get pissed off and snappish because they lack the both the Vision and the Testicular Fortitude to make a well-considered Prediction.

Ealy is actually ~ God Help Us ~ our most experienced Dragon, so it would be quite a Shock if this actually came to pass...But I think that you're Spot On when you hypothesize that Something's Not Right, Here. Mad Bill has always been utterly Fearless when it comes to Purging the Ranks of Bad Seeds...And I for one have never been much'f a Fan of Kony Ealy. Less is often far, far More.
Omg a Game of Thrones reference. My question to the Grid is What is your weapon of choice?
Sunshine?
Blotter?
Mescal?

It would suck to lose a 2nd round pick for nothing, but this prediction is getting less and less bold everyday and more like reality. When I first saw the thread I thought, no way. But I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen. The guy is just not getting it, and he may never get it. Tips my cap to Carolina.

The Pats won't be losing a 2nd round pick if Ealy doesn't make the cut.

They traded the #64 for Ealy PLUS the #72. They then turned the #72 plus their #96 into Derek Rivers and Tony Garcia.

In effect, they turned a second round pick into 3 prospects: Ealy, Rivers and Garcia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back