PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kony Ealy - bold prediction, won't make roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance of that, at least. :)

They traded #64 for Ealy + #72. Then they traded #72 for two picks, one of which became Derek Rivers and the other of which was traded up and down and eventually became about 1/3 of Tony Garcia.

Ya beat me to it.

Again!

Omg a Game of Thrones reference. My question to the Grid is What is your weapon of choice?
Sunshine?
Blotter?
Mescal?
Oh, ****, that's just what we refer to as "Grid-speak." Dragons, pig skins, mad kings, flex defenses, fire, damsels in distress, etc.

It's basically a brilliant meshing of Game of Thrones, Vince Lombardi's brain, and most Led Zeppelin songs.

@Off The Grid

Last edited:
Ealy completely embarassed himself tonight. Looked listless and lazy, and got blown off the ball by backup O-linemen 1-on-1 a couple times. I would say he is cut tomorrow so he doesn't waste the coaches' time or take reps from a guy who gives a sh!t.

The OP was either far more prescient than I and others here gave him credit for or just **** lucky, probably the former. But either way, the prediction was spot on. It's still early, but it appears to me that Ealy sucks.

Ealy looks like another guy with talent who just isn't a Patriot.

A poor man's A Haynsworth if you will.

Anyone who was aware of why the Panthers traded him for almost nothing knew that Ealy was anything but a roster lock.

I said it in the "first day of TC" thread.. he needs to take the coaching in and work on his consistency, also by missing the end of OTAs and the start to the camp he was already on the wrong side of the roster bubble back then. After about 2 weeks of camp he hasn't really done anything to boost his stock in any shape or form.

The value we gave up for Ealy = a fourth round draft pick, which I consider good value...so I would be very dissapointed if we cut Ealy in exchange for giving up that kind of value

But bb isn't afraid to cut his losses, so nothing would surprise me

With that "me" at the end of "programme", you've gotta be British!! :D

Screw all those Reactionaries attacking you for making a Bold Prediction.

The entire Idea of making a Bold Prediction is to make it before it becomes obvious to The Masses. They get pissed off and snappish because they lack the both the Vision and the Testicular Fortitude to make a well-considered Prediction.

Ealy is actually ~ God Help Us ~ our most experienced Dragon, so it would be quite a Shock if this actually came to pass...But I think that you're Spot On when you hypothesize that Something's Not Right, Here. Mad Bill has always been utterly Fearless when it comes to Purging the Ranks of Bad Seeds...And I for one have never been much'f a Fan of Kony Ealy. Less is often far, far More.

Omg a Game of Thrones reference. My question to the Grid is What is your weapon of choice?
Sunshine?
Blotter?
Mescal?

Heh ~ I've never actually watched Game of Thrones, Bro!!
jester.gif

Did I inadvertently quote a Thronism?? Very curious!!

...And I'd go with the Mescal ~ Tried & True!! :D

Ealy completely embarassed himself tonight. Looked listless and lazy, and got blown off the ball by backup O-linemen 1-on-1 a couple times. I would say he is cut tomorrow so he doesn't waste the coaches' time or take reps from a guy who gives a sh!t.

His performance was generally poor, but I thought he looked more dazed and confused than listless and lazy.

Ordering an Uber Pool for Ealy, C Jones & Richards
Ealy may be getting some more reps now with Wise out. I wouldn't write him off just yet. At least until Wise returns, which will hopefully be soon.

I wasn't even aware Ealy played last night at first. I thought the team had held him out. Then I saw his jersey in there just getting absolutely blown off the line of scrimmage.

I had high hopes for ealy, but your discription is on the money, he looks and acts like somebody that doesn't care. hes here to collect a check and give a minimum effort.

Last edited:
Definitely not a good start for him. He better start showing something more in the next few games.

I never expected much out of him to begin with other than being a situational player, but he needs to improve quite a bit to be even that guy.

Norris has covered the Panthers & is has a solid draft eye.

I haven't watched a replay of the game but if he can't do anything in the preseason he's as good as gone.

The value we gave up for Ealy = a fourth round draft pick, which I consider good value...so I would be very dissapointed if we cut Ealy in exchange for giving up that kind of value

But bb isn't afraid to cut his losses, so nothing would surprise me
Based on the point system I think it was actually a 5th but nonetheless it's a pick wasted

<-- Jimmy thanks you for the shout out. I think. :)
Famous for busting out that twin-neck. Probably during "Stairway." Great choice for the avatar pic.

My favorite era of Page is during the mid70s when they made Presence. He was a coked up freak on the guitar. I know I'm definitely in the minority, but when I think of Led Zeppelin, I think of something like "Achilles Last Stand."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back