PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kony Ealy - bold prediction, won't make roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no more IR Return designation.

Literally true:

"The new rule modifies a 2012 reform that allowed teams to activate a single player from the IR once he’d spent at least eight weeks on the inactive list. Originally, these players had to be labeled as “designated to return” candidates at the time they were placed on IR — and the tag could only be used once. In 2016, a rule modification allowed teams to save that tag until a player was ready to take the field once more."

However, I still use it when discussing possible end-of-Camp roster moves as illustrative shorthand in regard to certain players. E.g., Lengel could be put on IR and probably nobody would care much whether it was "season-ending" or not. OTOH, a player like McLellin or Garcia going to IR often gets a lot of "Wait! You're ending his season??!!" Noting those guys as "IR-return" to illustrate that they could be brought back after eight weeks just saves some explanation.

Well, except for now. ;)

Ealy is kicked to the curb while useless trash like GeeNo Grossem stays?

Bizzaro World.

We now Officially have the Worst group of DEs in football.

I've seen this and even more damning speculation about Ealy from several posters. And yet this is part of what BB himself had to say yesterday in his conference call with the media:

“I do think he was making progress and getting better and was really working hard,” Belichick said on Saturday. “It's just one of those things that didn’t work out or wasn’t going to work out. It’s nobody’s fault. He worked hard. We worked hard. There was a lot of effort put in, but in the end we didn’t feel like this was going to work out. (The early cut) gives him an opportunity about a week ahead of next week to hopefully create a better opportunity for himself. I think he deserved that. He did everything we asked him to do. It just didn’t work out for either one of us like we hoped it would.”

Yeah they asked him to sit out of a bunch of spring practices and the first day of training camp, and then play with the 3rd team during last half of the preseason games............................... and he did.

Bizzaro World.

Flowers sucks. They should cut him immediately.

I gotta say I called this wrong. I figured they would keep him because he was inexpensive and they need bodies at DE. I never thought they would cut him without a replacement of some sort

hmmm

Flowers and Hightower

the worst DE's in the NFL?

Obviously, others will also be DE's in certain situations.

Bizzaro World.

Hightower isn't playing DE full time.

And putting LBs at the end of the LOS doesn't make them DEs.

That's why Tre Flowers plus…literally NoBody else makes this the worst group of DEs in football.

Even just signing someone like Alex Okafor on the cheap (which New Orleans did)
would've been a marked improvement over what we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST