PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

K.C. Trades for Orlando Brown Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not the one who is at the bottom of my profession like you are.

Are you dense? Never mind...see the first sentence. The Chiefs tackle situation is going to affect their overall record and hence the race towards the number 1 seed in the AFC. They shored up their biggest weakness. The one game the Pats play the Bucs is meaningless...the 17 games the chiefs play is much more impactful on the AFC seeding. Get it?

Amazing accomplishment, being such an *** here that you get me feeling offended on Deus' behalf.

Getting personal like that is an expression of weakness.

For me, when Brady left the Patriots, I stopped paying attention to him. As for the rest of the NFL, it is a plantation economy of a bunch of grown men playing a kids game, owned by a bunch of crony capitalists most of whom have accomplished little of value. Other than enjoying the Patriots' way, for me, the NFL can go rot in a swamp.

For the love of God Ian get a hold of this forum. It is a patriots board, its bad enough you keep the Tompa thread on here, but if you continue to let every thread degenerate into a discussion of how some move is going to bother Tom Brady you may as well rename it Brady's Tampa forum so people who actually care about the Patriots know not to bother with this site.

Ok, I was worried about the Alex Smith retirement thread leaving the first page. But if the Marcus Mariota thread disappears, that is really going to mat my arse hair. And what about the Deshaun Watson thread? Don't you dare push that fine discussion about Houston's Bill Cosby wannabe to the 2nd page discussing Tom Brady and the Bucs.

Back on topic. If the Chiefs OL stays healthy this year, should make for a more competitive SB. I still thinks the Bucs beat them, and Brady gets his 8th. Should make for some fine threads here next February!

Ok, I was worried about the Alex Smith retirement thread leaving the first page. But if the Marcus Mariota thread disappears, that is really going to mat my arse hair. And what about the Deshaun Watson thread? Don't you dare push that fine discussion about Houston's Bill Cosby wannabe to the 2nd page discussing Tom Brady and the Bucs.

Back on topic. If the Chiefs OL stays healthy this year, should make for a more competitive SB. I still thinks the Bucs beat them, and Brady gets his 8th. Should make for some fine threads here next February!

Spoken like a Grand Champ.

Spoken like a Grand Champ.
Whoever starts the thread discussion on the Bucs' pick at 32 next week gets a free reach-around.

God I wish I had a popcorn craving right now! :rofl:

I wonder what percentage of threads here devolve into these little spats. 50%?

Well if you want to change the subject, but that is not what I said. Maybe you have three eyes!!! You seem to always miss the main point, it is less than 48%. I went back to 2008 and hoped you had some logic, but that was clearly not the case.

Well if you want to change the subject, but that is not what I said. Maybe you have three eyes!!! You seem to always miss the main point, it is less than 48%. I went back to 2008 and hoped you had some logic, but that was clearly not the case.
I am confused by this

For the love of God Ian get a hold of this forum. It is a patriots board, its bad enough you keep the Tompa thread on here, but if you continue to let every thread degenerate into a discussion of how some move is going to bother Tom Brady you may as well rename it Brady's Tampa forum so people who actually care about the Patriots know not to bother with this site.
JFC, ya think?

How or why does a thread about the premier team in the Patriots conference having their glaring weakness repaired by another premium team in the Patriots' conference turn into a discussion about an NFC team?

And I don't care who's favored to win or go to the SB. The chances of a rematch are small - as in ,it's happened ONCE in NFL history (Dallas/Buffalo).

JFC, ya think?

How or why does a thread about the premier team in the Patriots conference having their glaring weakness repaired by another premium team in the Patriots' conference turn into a discussion about an NFC team?

And I don't care who's favored to win or go to the SB. The chances of a rematch are small - as in ,it's happened ONCE in NFL history (Dallas/Buffalo).
That’s interesting, you’d think it would’ve happened a couple times at least

I don't remember a rematch the following year but Pittsburgh played Dallas twice in the 70s and three times altogether.

The Pats played both the eagles and Rams twice.

I mean... there’s room for discussion for all three between the Ravens, Chiefs, and Bucs.

1) The Ravens are considered one of the top contenders in the AFC. The Pats don’t face them in the regular season, but they might have to in the playoffs. They’ve long been a pain in our asses, so it bears watching what they do. This trade effects the composition of their offense, as they’re without their Pro Bowl RT at the moment and have an extra first rounder to potentially spend on a WR.

2) The Chiefs are considered the strongest of the AFC contenders. Like the Ravens, the Pats don’t face them in the regular season. But there’s a good chance they’ll be waiting in the playoffs if the Pats have any hope of advancing to the Super Bowl. We’ve seen how vulnerable Mahomes is without protection on the OL, it made for some nice schaudenfreude. So the addition of Brown stabilizes that for at least this season.

3) The Pats actually face the Bucs in the regular season, and if you don’t think BB and TB12 won’t have that game circled on their calendars, well, I don’t know what to tell you. The story writes itself, but it will also be the ultimate test for the Pats to see how far along they are to being on the right track to contention. And if things are going well enough for both teams, it could be a Super Bowl preview.

Even though this trade didn’t involve the Pats or the Bucs, the fact is we’ve seen the Bucs expose the Chiefs when they didn’t have someone protecting Mahomes’ blindside (and now that’s shored up), and it really comes down to this: as Pats fans, we want our team back on top, and rather us get Lombardi #7 than to see Brady win another one for the Bucs (which continues to look poorly for the Pats) or seeing either of two of our most hated AFC rivals win it all. So yeah, there’s no need to try to censor discussion on either side. It’s an important trade.

This would be an interesting avenue to go down, but the weeping and gnashing of teeth would just be too much to bear.

Amazing accomplishment, being such an *** here that you get me feeling offended on Deus' behalf.

Getting personal like that is an expression of weakness.

For me, when Brady left the Patriots, I stopped paying attention to him. As for the rest of the NFL, it is a plantation economy of a bunch of grown men playing a kids game, owned by a bunch of crony capitalists most of whom have accomplished little of value. Other than enjoying the Patriots' way, for me, the NFL can go rot in a swamp.

He deserves it. He's done the same to a lot of other people, so no need to feel offended for him.

Sounds like you have an issue with the NFL, so not sure why you're posting here or are following the league.

I don't remember a rematch the following year but Pittsburgh played Dallas twice in the 70s and three times altogether.

The Pats played both the eagles and Rams twice.
Rematch meaning the following year.

3) The Pats actually face the Bucs in the regular season, and if you don’t think BB and TB12 won’t have that game circled on their calendars, well, I don’t know what to tell you. The story writes itself, but it will also be the ultimate test for the Pats to see how far along they are to being on the right track to contention. And if things are going well enough for both teams, it could be a Super Bowl preview.
That has nothing to do with this thread - at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe