PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julio Jones (June 6 Update - Traded to the Titans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this started as a rumor and now Kraft may be interested and asking why not. I think Kraft is the one who does not want Brady coming in here and the Pats not making it a game.

I think this started as a rumor and now Kraft may be interested and asking why not. I think Kraft is the one who does not want Brady coming in here and the Pats not making it a game.

Its as much about making a whole lot of sense as it is a Rumor. Remember, these talking heads get paid to tell us what everyone already knows.

Don't you think Super Bowl hangover will have an impact? Ariens isn't exactly a disciplinarian. There is a reason all previous winners brought in some new blood.
New blood usually happens because players and coaches from SB teams are harvested for their talent and experience not because theyre trying to prevent a SB hangover.

Nothing that happened this offseason or might still happen until the season starts has to do with Brady. It is as much about the other 16 games as it is about the Bucs visit.

There are no bonus points to be lost or won against Tampa. For the team it will be just another game, while the fans and media will obviously see it differently.

We'd have a fantastic array of offensive weapons. Julio is a perfect #1 even as he gets older. Algoholor, Meyers, and Bourne should be solid compliments. We've got two good TEs and a promising back in Damien Harris and James White.

Unfortunately Cam is the QB.

We'd have a fantastic array of offensive weapons. Julio is a perfect #1 even as he gets older. Algoholor, Meyers, and Bourne should be solid compliments. We've got two good TEs and a promising back in Damien Harris and James White.

Unfortunately Cam is the QB.
But for some reason guys want to play with him

Patriots receive wr Julio jones

Atlanta receives wr Harry, cb slowjuan, qb stidham, ot Cunningham, lb Bentley and a third round draft pick.

I've said the Pats are good with 5 good pass catchers in Agholor, Meyers, Bourne, Henry, Jonnu Smith. Already too many guys, 12 guys for 11 spots after factoring in QB/RB/OLine.

Having said that, Julio Jones has plenty in the tank. 771 yards in 9 games last year is a 1350 yard receiver. The guy can still ball. He's not over the hill. It depends on the price. NKeal Harry and a 4th let's do it. Or NKeal Harry in exchange for nothing back.

Last edited:
Patriots receive wr Julio jones

Atlanta receives wr Harry, cb slowjuan, qb stidham, ot Cunningham, lb Bentley and a third round draft pick.
lol

Unfortunately, they're trying to create cap space. Getting a bunch of players in return, albeit with lower-end salires, doesn't really help that cause. They might take a player or o, so Id propose Harry, Joejaun, and a 3rd that can turn into a 2nd if jones plays at least 15 games, or has so many yards etc etc, something like that

There is a chance that the Falcons have already agreed to trade Jones and they are just waiting for June 1 to announce it.

I would think that Atlanta would have to eat some of his contract especially if they are asking for a first rd pick.

Nothing is going to come out I til
After June 1, no matter how many times we post that stick figure poking the Pats logo, or the “spotted at Logan” photo.

I think the deal is already done, the only thing to see is who they traded him to.

singin' me and Julio right in my culo......my ex's favorite song... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Nothing that happened this offseason or might still happen until the season starts has to do with Brady. It is as much about the other 16 games as it is about the Bucs visit.

There are no bonus points to be lost or won against Tampa. For the team it will be just another game, while the fans and media will obviously see it differently.

rofl.gif

Agreed, for the fans and the media it's a great story but talk that any of the moves that the team have made are because BB doesn't want to lose one game as opposed to wanting to field a competitive team that is the best it can be and win every game are a bit wide of the mark.

Its the same old song and dance.

The Pats go after old WRs that were once the best in the NFL when they are ready to hang up the jockstrap.

The only guy that panned our was Moss and NE never won a bowl with him.

Oucho Stinko cost NE a Super Bowl because he did not even know where to line up in the 19th game of the season.

J Jones had the same yards as Myers last season but with 3 more TDs.

There is a chance that the Falcons have already agreed to trade Jones and they are just waiting for June 1 to announce it.

I would think that Atlanta would have to eat some of his contract especially if they are asking for a first rd pick.

Nothing is going to come out I til
After June 1, no matter how many times we post that stick figure poking the Pats logo, or the “spotted at Logan” photo.

I think the deal is already done, the only thing to see is who they traded him to.
What's magical about June 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back