PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julio Jones (June 6 Update - Traded to the Titans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could have every all pro receiver in the nfl in our lineup, but the fact remains, newton is beyond terrible and an embarrassment as a thrower.

jones is a rookie headed for a red shirt year and stidham could not beat out a horrible newton last year.

the best receivers in the nfl could not make newton look good.

We could have every all pro receiver in the nfl in our lineup, but the fact remains, newton is beyond terrible and an embarrassment as a thrower.

jones is a rookie headed for a red shirt year and stidham could not beat out a horrible newton last year.

the best receivers in the nfl could not make newton look good.
I don’t agree with that logic. Because Newton was so bad should we not upgrade the team around him? Was it a mistake getting the tight ends? Should we just say ahh oh well let’s not put a top offensive line in front of him to protect cause he sucked?

look I’m not his biggest fan either but I still want the best possible team out there on Sunday’s.

I don’t agree with that logic. Because Newton was so bad should we not upgrade the team around him? Was it a mistake getting the tight ends? Should we just say ahh oh well let’s not put a top offensive line in front of him to protect cause he sucked?

look I’m not his biggest fan either but I still want the best possible team out there on Sunday’s.

I never said anything about the team, just the receivers.

do you understand how the forward pass works? Jerry rice could not catch passes thrown into the ground! Newton could not deliver the ball to a receiver if there were no defenders covering the receiver. His arm/shoulder are toast!

I never said anything about the team, just the receivers.

do you understand how the forward pass works? Jerry rice could not catch passes thrown into the ground! Newton could not deliver the ball to a receiver if there were no defenders covering the receiver. His arm/shoulder are toast!
Yes I understand the concept of a forward pass. So you prefer the crap that’s been out there the last few seasons? Cause I sure as heck don’t. Again I’m not his biggest fan either I’m not making him out to be great or even good. But I’d still prefer to have as much talent catching balls than the garbage that’s been there last couple years, regardless of who’s playing qb.

Don't you think Super Bowl hangover will have an impact? Ariens isn't exactly a disciplinarian. There is a reason all previous winners brought in some new blood.
The reason teams lose players after winning is because some players want to cash in on the success while they can. The Bucs seem to be on the opposite side of that. All the players want to stay to see if they can repeat. I think Brady might have some influence also.

The reason teams lose players after winning is because some players want to cash in on the success while they can. The Bucs seem to be on the opposite side of that. All the players want to stay to see if they can repeat. I think Brady might have some influence also.
It will be interesting to see if repeating is as strong of a motivator as winning for the first time.

It will be interesting to see if repeating is as strong of a motivator as winning for the first time.
They don't seem to be complacent, but everyone reacts differently, well, except for Brady. He's obsessed with winning.

Report is that the Falcons have a first round offer from a mystery team

it's gotta be an NFC team imo. NFC this year doesn't look that hard. Buccs Packers maybe 49ers. NO got worse, Rams idk.
The AFC is harder to win. I would guess it's Green Bay who should use the Rodgers years and a weaker NFC imo. Ravens could try it tough.

Too rich for my blood.

No they don't.

One of my friends does fax machine maintenance for the NFL Trade Office and told me the deal is done.

Patriots Receive
Julio Jones
2022 Second Round Pick
2023 First Round Pick

Falcons Receive
N’Keal Harry
Tyler Gaffney
Jarrett Stidham

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back