PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JOSH WILL COACH INDY

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think that you know all there is to know about lucks health? God bless ya.
I can only go by what Luck says and if he says he hasn't thrown yet and doesn't THINK he needs another surgery then that makes me uneasy.

To your point if I'm Josh I would get Luck's ass on the 1st plane to see James Andrews and diagnose that shoulder and ask what the prognosis is.

I wish josh had taken the titans job instead of working under that drunk in Indy:

Why?

Irsay gave Pagano 6 years which everybody thought was at least 2 years too many, Titans fired Mularkey after winning a playoff game.

History says you're more likely to win in Indianapolis than Tennessee, apart from Irsay being a drunk who you don't like because your a Patriots fan where is the actual evidence that the Titans ownership is better?

Because Jermaine Kearse and Doug Baldwin are better? Indy has done more to surround Luck with receiver talent than SEA did with Wilson.

I think you're very wrong, the Colts recievers and TEs have stunk outside of Hilton, the likes of Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, Jack Doyle, Moncrief ect

He's had Jimmy Graham too in Seattle.

Wilson also had Marshawn Lynch for years and Luck had no running game for his career oh and look as soon as Lynch leaves, Wilson doesn't sniff another Super Bowl.

Where were all these elite weapons with Brissett this year?

I can only go by what Luck says and if he says he hasn't thrown yet and doesn't THINK he needs another surgery then that makes me uneasy.

To your point if I'm Josh I would get Luck's ass on the 1st plane to see James Andrews and diagnose that shoulder and ask what the prognosis is.
Well that’s my point YOU have zero valid information. McDaniels has all he needs.

What you are saying is like saying that CEO better make decisions without considering his companies long term debt structure because I don’t know what it is.

Why?

Irsay gave Pagano 6 years which everybody thought was at least 2 years too many, Titans fired Mularkey after winning a playoff game.

History says you're more likely to win in Indianapolis than Tennessee, apart from Irsay being a drunk who you don't like because your a Patriots fan where is the actual evidence that the Titans ownership is better?

I don't give a damn. The guy's an a hole and he hates us.

Well that’s my point YOU have zero valid information. McDaniels has all he needs.

What you are saying is like saying that CEO better make decisions without considering his companies long term debt structure because I don’t know what it is.

The information is coming from the actual patient.

Why is that not valid?

The information is coming from the actual patient.

Why is that not valid?

Because he's saying that McDaniels potentially seeing medical records are more accurate than what Luck says to the media, you don't know how accurate what he says is.

For all we know he's throwing right now, how would anyone know?

The Colts aren't practicing and don't need to enter an injury report, no one outside of Luck/Ballard/Irsay would know.

LOL @ his line: "Josh McDaniels is about to be entrusted with our city’s crown jewel".
More like "our city's kernel of corn buried in a pile of sh_t"! :D

The Colts organization and fan base has always had a super-high opinion of themselves and the way that they do business.

I bet Josh had to struggle to keep from rolling his eyes in lecture after lecture on how they all do things "the Colts way" and act like it is some sort of religious duty.

In truth, "the Colts way" for 20 years now has been a paranoid, excuse-making, finger-pointing, take-no-responsibility whine-fest.

Josh can't say that, maybe can't even change that 100%, but he knows it to be true.

What broken NFL rules? I must have missed something.
McDaniels ran (and admitted running) an illegal taping operation at one of his non-NE stops.

Congrats to Josh, he has done a great job for us on the whole and played no small role in helping us win two Super Bowls.

I wish him luck but not too much, after all he is coaching the Colts. ;)

I think you underestimate the hate. The league and both national and local media have been doing all they can do poison every other fan base against the Pats for over 10 years now. There is now an entire generation of football fans that don't know anything else other than "the Pats (and by extension everyone who works or plays for them) are huge cheaters." Nowhere in the country is that stronger than in Indy.

And to a certain extent, there are very few places in this country where the hate is weaker than Tennessee. They just played their 2nd meaningful game against the Titans in the last 15 years. The Patriots have never played them in the two-game "power pairing" matchup (the Houston game this year). They had two other playoff seasons in between then, a one-and-dones in 2007 and 2008. The best coach Titan fans have seen is Jeff Fisher. Their best players are Steve McNair and Eddie George. Titan fans have no real reason to hate the Patriots compared to other teams, and they and their sportswriters would likely embrace bringing someone in from the Patriots.

All of that gives me a few potential clues about McDaniels view. First is that he's convinced Luck is reasonably healthy. Second, they just scouted Mariotta and they may not think he's fixable; and with the Titans drafting at 25 he feels that he won't get a QB and that will put him on the hot seat rather quickly. Third, it's possible the Titans owner turned him off by promising Mularky the job next year and then letting him go; as pointed out elsewhere in the thread, while Irsay is scum, he gives his coaches and GMs a much longer leash than many other owners.

• As for the quarterback, I’ll say that McDaniels must’ve been satisfied with what he saw in Andrew Luck’s medicals to take the job. Others who went through there felt like Luck would be fine, and those coaches leaving the building were encouraged as well. When Luck left for Europe in October, he was noticeably lighter (one coach estimated he’d lost 20-30 pounds) than when he last played. Luck returned to the building during Week 17, having put the weight back on. “He looked like Andrew again,” the coach said. The plan has been for him to start a throwing program this month, and that’ll tell the tale, but his ability to return to fighting shape qualifies as a good sign.

From SI Mike Vrabel a Leading Candidate to be Titans’ Head Coach

guess Josh was impressed with all those banners.... God help him, that owner has to be the worst....

We laugh at Indy, as we should, but the reality is that a lot of franchises do this. I noticed it during the Eagles game this weekend:

p1010297.jpg

Only 1948, 1949, and 1960 are actual NFL championships.

I can understand it to a certain extent; you want to advertise to your fans that you're winners and not losers. The Boston Bruins took it to a similar silly degree when they were embarrassed by the Celtics' banners and tried to put up every corresponding Adams division title to make things look balanced.

Personally, my view is that I'm ok with having major items celebrated - like conference titles, etc. but they should look distinct from the actual championship banner. And minor items shouldn't be celebrated - winning a 4 team division is such a minor title. The Eagles don't do this - they're following that Indy model of celebrating anything. I think the Red Sox have a good balance -- on the field the 8 World Series titles have banners hung in one color, and the 5 remaining AL pennants are hung in another color, and no banners for AL East titles or wild card appearances.

Because he's saying that McDaniels potentially seeing medical records are more accurate than what Luck says to the media, you don't know how accurate what he says is.

For all we know he's throwing right now, how would anyone know?

The Colts aren't practicing and don't need to enter an injury report, no one outside of Luck/Ballard/Irsay would know.
I'm sure Josh has all the info he wants/needs.

I'm just going off what Luck actually said.

Because it’s not a medical report. It’s a media report.
No. its his actual words.

Like I said, I'm just going off what Luck actually said.

There is no debate as to Josh having access to Luck's medical condition. With that said, the fact he is in The Netherlands is curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes