PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JOSH WILL COACH INDY

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Mods, if this is not thread worthy, then please merge it with Deus' thread. But I just heard on the radio that McD has accepted the Colts job (though I'm not sure if anything can be signed or how that works). He will become the coach of the Colts at the conclusion of our season.

On a somewhat relevant note, it's said that Vrabel is now TEN's top choice.

Mods, if this is not thread worthy, then please merge it with Deus' thread. But I just heard on the radio that McD has accepted the Colts job (though I'm not sure if anything can be signed or how that works). He will become the coach of the Colts at the conclusion of our season.

On a somewhat relevant note, it's said that Vrabel is now TEN's top choice.
I would be shocked and stunned if the titans hire Mike Vrabel. Aside from not being ready, with one year of being a coordinator and running the worst defense in the nfl, how is a fit when you fire your hc for not developing the QB?
And I love vrabel.

Congrats! And Thank You to Coach McDaniels!

Charlie groomed TB and you took him and this offense to a whole other level.

I would be shocked and stunned if the titans hire Mike Vrabel. Aside from not being ready, with one year of being a coordinator and running the worst defense in the nfl, how is a fit when you fire your hc for not developing the QB?
And I love vrabel.
I hear you. And though I was happy to hear he was being interviewed, I wondered the same thing. And Flores has been receiving strong consideration and hasn't even been a coordinator. It's been a weird few weeks with coaching decisions, starting with that Marvin Lewis nonsense.

Hate to see him go. He's been damn good.
He will be missed.
Congrats to him .
A good choice. Since Grigson was booted, seems Indy has seen the error in their ways. Luck will be back.
I'm glad he took this over the Marasites.
Nyg are now a slimier franchise than Indy,besides which their roster is a mess and their owner is now worse than the drug addict in Indy.

I'm surprised. It's hard for an NFL team to have long-term success if they have a jackass for an owner, and the Colts certainly are in that category. Fired head coaches often get second chances, but seldom get third ones. I guess this means Josh doesn't think BB will be leaving anytime soon.

Hate to see him go. He's been damn good.
He will be missed.
Congrats to him .
A good choice. Since Grigson was booted, seems Indy has seen the error in their ways. Luck will be back.
I'm glad he took this over the Marasites.
Nyg are now a slimier franchise than Indy,besides which their roster is a mess and their owner is now worse than the drug addict in Indy.
He's potentially going to leave a great QB situation and walk into a very very good one with a presumably healthy Luck next season and a very capable backup, one he's coached already, who now has true game experience.

I hear you. And though I was happy to hear he was being interviewed, I wondered the same thing. And Flores has been receiving strong consideration and hasn't even been a coordinator. It's been a weird few weeks with coaching decisions, starting with that Marvin Lewis nonsense.
I don’t buy that Flores received strong consideration.

Damn... was hoping to see that Colts organization continue to burn in flames for a few more decades

Now we'll have to listen to Colts fans proclaim Luck the greatest QB in the league and 2nd greatest of all time only to Manning

Why josh... why.

And I love vrabel.

Titans fire their coach after making it to the divisional round. What record would Vrabel or anybody need to achieve to keep that job?

You could be right. It's just what I read and heard from various media outlets.
Oh I know people are speculating it I just don’t buy it.
I mean I don’t doubt they like his football mind and his pedigree and he is a future hc in the making it’s just too soon. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the interest is there to try and pull him away as DC.

Oh I know people are speculating it I just don’t buy it.
I mean I don’t doubt they like his football mind and his pedigree and he is a future hc in the making it’s just too soon. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the interest is there to try and pull him away as DC.
I agree completely.

Titans fire their coach after making it to the divisional round. What record would Vrabel or anybody need to achieve to keep that job?
They fired him because he was a moron who proved he couldn't really coach. The fact that they made the divisional round, at least I don't think, was a factor. I think his fate was sealed much earlier. Now had he made the AFCCG or SB, then they would have had to reconsider.

I don’t think it was a matter of wins and losses I think they just had different expectations. My guess being Mularkey felt Mariota was a work in progress and they are ahead of schedule and ownership said other QBs are developing faster and they think Mariota is better than Mularkey does.
I think ownership found Mularkeys approach dull and boring and are craving more attention.

That said I would never hire Mularkey to begin with so....

They fired him because he was a moron who proved he couldn't really coach. The fact that they made the divisional round, at least I don't think, was a factor. I think his fate was sealed much earlier. Now had he made the AFCCG or SB, then they would have had to reconsider.
Hand a guy a 2-14 team and a rookie QB and the only thing acceptable is to win in New England in the divisional round to get to an afccg?
They will be firing coaches every 2 years if that’s the thinking.

"I'm glad he took this over the Marasites".

This was funny, nearly spilled my Guinness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back