PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL coaching and executives carousel: news and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that the Super Bowl is priority one, but thinking of coaches for next season.

Glad to hear that Flores might be staying--would hate to lose all three (including McDaniels & Patricia).

If Flores becomes DC, who will become OC? O'Shea? Will BB take on OC duties?

Will Ventrone become ST Coach if Judge leaves with McDaniels?
Why would Judge leave with McDaniels?
We should match whatever the Colts offer him.

Heard on reddit that Arizona is likely to choose Wilks as HC. Flores seems to be next up as DC for the Pats. A worthy choice if it ends up being the case.
I’d be thrilled with that.

I realize that the Super Bowl is priority one, but thinking of coaches for next season.

Glad to hear that Flores might be staying--would hate to lose all three (including McDaniels & Patricia).

If Flores becomes DC, who will become OC? O'Shea? Will BB take on OC duties?

Will Ventrone become ST Coach if Judge leaves with McDaniels?
Flores and OShea would seem to be the next in line although B.B. has a history of not giving the title right away.
If it were one or the other I’d expect B.B. to put his imprint heavily on that side of the ball.
Being both, I would assume since the offensive staff is very experienced with scar and fears plus Brady and the defensive staff is much less experienced that B.B. will spend more time with Flores.

Remember there are many duties of the coordinator, and a lot of delegation to assistants. The assistants will also take on a bigger role as the new coordinators grow into it.
My understanding is that running practice and doing the play calling are the first things they take over and building game plans is more of a team effort and things such as coaching the coaches come in time.

Why would Judge leave with McDaniels?
We should match whatever the Colts offer him.
Yeah I think it’s just speculation.
A his contract is up
B mcd and mp are becoming hcs
C maybe they will try to bring him along

Don't want to lose him don't like the Patriots coaching staff leave in Mass Exodus don't want to stretch Bill thin.
Not to mention who else may get poached by Josh or Matt.
Would feel alot better about the teams future with Jimmy behind Tom.
What happens if IF Tommy without his BFF retires after this or next season.
Not loving the idea.
The magic is in the Belichick kids here's hoping they don't leave with Josh or Matt.

I just don’t get posts like this?

The Patriots could not keep Brady and Garrapolo, period. A decision was reached and they stuck with Brady, and I have zero doubt that Brady made it perfectly clear that he wasn’t retiring anytime soon, so they would have time to address the future at the position. As far as the coaches go that too is just part of the game, and they wouldn’t be losing both coordinators if Belichick were looking at retiring. Belichick and Caserio are ready to promote assistants to the next level and they will continue to run the systems they have been running, just as they have for the past 17 years. The Patriots have been changing throughout this dynasty and have never dropped off in their success, and I don’t expect that to change. Will it go on forever, no, although they can continue to be successful post Belichick/Brady, but no one should expect this level of success when the dynasty ends, imo however that’s 3-4 years away. Brady has shown that there’s no drop off in his play, and while I don’t expect Belichick to coach forever I still think he’s 4-5 Years from calling it quits. People should enjoy every second of this while it lasts because we aren’t going see anything like it again. As insane as it sounds Belichick and Brady actually have a shot at going to 10 SupervBowl’s together, and the franchise could end up setting marks no other franchise will ever match, so we might as well see it through to the end and see how it works out.

Don’t worry

Be happy

Yeah I think it’s just speculation.
A his contract is up
B mcd and mp are becoming hcs
C maybe they will try to bring him along

According to douchebag Doyel the Colts have asked to talk to MacDaniels again. I’m not sure what that means but it seems odd to me.

According to douchebag Doyel the Colts have asked to talk to MacDaniels again. I’m not sure what that means but it seems odd to me.
Get his staff together.
Would be incredible if he changed his mind but he is gone.
We're on to Oshea or I'd like to talk to Deflippo.

Get his staff together.
Would be incredible if he changed his mind but he is gone.
We're on to Oshea or I'd like to talk to Deflippo.

No coordinator or assistant taking an outside job is doing any work for their prospective team until the season is over and they are formally gone. Fredo did that and got locked out, MacDaniels, Patricia, and I’m sure Flores are loyal and committed to this team, they wouldn’t destroy that relationship just to get a head start.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

With Steve Wilks landing Cardinals’ HC job, Patriots will not lose LB coach Brian Flores to Arizona, making him a prime candidate to become New England’s next defensive coordinator.

Looking forward to seeing what Brian Flores can do as DC. If he was getting head coach consideration without any co-ordinator experience then he must be considered a bright hope for the future in coaching.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

With Steve Wilks landing Cardinals’ HC job, Patriots will not lose LB coach Brian Flores to Arizona, making him a prime candidate to become New England’s next defensive coordinator.

Looking forward to seeing what Brian Flores can do as DC. If he was getting head coach consideration without any co-ordinator experience then he must be considered a bright hope for the future in coaching.

Belichick likes to hold off on giving the successor the Coordinator title their first year but he may not have much choice with Flores in the mix for HC jobs. I think both Flores and O’Shea will get the Coordinator titles immediately.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Maybe his first half against Jax has then second guessing the choice

More likely the stripper Irsay was snorting coke off told him she didn’t like the hire and wanted someone with more of a beach body.

Josh (or the Colts brass) has made an interesting choice for O-Line coach, to say the least....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back