PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G throwing guys under the bus? (And INTs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on AIs side. Larry Brown rode him hard and the press were a-holes.

Mora's is good too. Hal McRae had one. Ditka had some good ones.
I think Brown's approach was needed though. If you think about it, that's when Allen became more than just a flashy player who could score. He became a great player. Would he have been great without Brown? Maybe. A guy that talented and courageous probably would be great anywhere. But I still think Brown brought out the best in AI's game, while at times alienating Allen and some of the other players.

I honestly think Mora is my favorite of All-time.

I think Brown's approach was needed though. If you think about it, that's when Allen became more than just a flashy player who could score. He became a great player. Would he have been great without Brown? Maybe. A guy that talented and courageous probably would be great anywhere. But I still think Brown brought out the best in AI's game, while at times alienating Allen and some of the other players.

I honestly think Mora is my favorite of All-time.

Moras was epic.

IMO Larry Brown is one of the greatest coaches in basketball history.

Moras was epic.

IMO Larry Brown is one of the greatest coaches in basketball history.
He definitely has a place. I wonder why he has never received any more NBA offers. I know he had some type of scandal in the college ranks, but I didn't pay close enough attention to it to know more than just bullet points that may or may not be true or accurate.

He definitely has a place. I wonder why he has never received any more NBA offers. I know he had some type of scandal in the college ranks, but I didn't pay close enough attention to it to know more than just bullet points that may or may not be true or accurate.

Yep he had ineligible players at UCLA and their Final Four appearance was vacated.

He also resigned at SMU b/c he didn't report academic violations.

Larry Brown was your classic headstrong mercenary coach who does things his way and was damn successful. NBA owners and GMs can't rely on him. One he sees a situation that doesn't suit him- gonzo

Yep he had ineligible players at UCLA and their Final Four appearance was vacated.

He also resigned at SMU b/c he didn't report academic violations.

Larry Brown was your classic headstrong mercenary coach who does things his way and was damn successful. NBA owners and GMs can't rely on him. One he sees a situation that doesn't suit him- gonzo
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I never realized he did all that stuff in college because I really wasn't paying attention at that time . . . trying to graduate and really only had time for the Patriots.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I never realized he did all that stuff in college because I really wasn't paying attention at that time . . . trying to graduate and really only had time for the Patriots.

I was just a kid during the UCLA run. Just know his career well.

JAG is practicing the famous Pick Six toss perfected by Peyton Manning and only this year equaled by The GOAT in the SB.
He still has lots of work to do.

I don't know about you guys but I think steak for breakfast is a really underrated dish.
With scrambled, home fries and a side of baked beans...and an ice cold 16 oz. can of Narragansett on a sunny Sunday morning near the beach. F###### paradise...

Might have been BB talking about Brady. Did find Rogers saying same thing.

it is right in the article. He is making excuses for the INTs and even mentioning things like "I am trying to see what the new guys can do". It is actually pretty clear, BRady would never say anything other than"I need to do better" or nothing at all. To me it is a clear contrast.

Aaron Rogers

Cohen reports that Rodgers has been purposely throwing low-percentage passes into coverage, where they could easily be intercepted, in order to force his wide receivers to make a play on the ball. While this may result in him throwing more picks in practice, forcing his receivers to make difficult plays helps him learn what works and what doesn't and leads to fewer interceptions in the regular season — the games that matter....
"I threw five last year in the regular season, so I know how to play in those games," Rodgers said. "Practice is about — it's different plays. The playbook is exponentially larger than the regular season, game-week plan. So we're trying different things. ... So you make different throws. You're working through different plays."

Maybe the OP doesn't know what a bus looks like so he wouldn't know what getting thrown under one would look like?

9x4_Thrown_under_the_bus.jpg

A steaming pile of Bull Poop

I think this thread should be boycotted

:D

Last edited:
It's bizarre how far someone will interpret something meaningless.

Garoppolo is a class act. His teammates like him. He has been nothing but friendly and open to everyone just as Brady was initially until people started twisting his words into meaningless bull ****.

He was not throwing anyone under anything.

Eggs Benedict over steak kicks ass.

But you know Tom, Gronk and Edds will not eat it.......so it can't kick ass.

Last two times in Maine I had lobster Benedict...........mmmmm.

Eggs Benedict over steak kicks ass.

That sounds intriguing, but I've never actually had breakfast steak that I particularly enjoyed. It was fine, don't get me wrong, but something about the cuts they use for breakfast don't suit me. They're all fat (in my experience). I'm probably just not going to the right places, but give me a well made sausage or a good hash over steak with my eggs.

Also, a southern style benedict is GOING to be the reason I die someday. Eventually I'll stop caring and just start eating those every day.

flashback to 2007.......Moss sucked in the preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey