PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you think of this quote from Edelman about Jimmy G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Julian Edelman Explains What Jimmy Garoppolo Will Bring To 49ers After Trade

From his interview today on NFL Network's "Good Morning Football":

“They’re getting a stud, man. He was a good little friend of mine. He could come out to L.A. (in the offseason), and I would punk him into throwing to me a bunch his first couple of years. Then he got a little too big for it. But he’s a hard-working guy. He’s a football guy. He’s going to make plays.”

"Then he got a little too big for it..." could just be a turn of phrase from Jules... or... hmmm...

DisfiguredSparklingKingbird-max-1mb.gif

spidey_sense.jpg

(...did I mention I'm big into conspiracy theories? )

He was too big. He was ready to start, and we couldn't give him a starting job. He's too good to want to keep playing second fiddle to Brady and he's paid his dues as a backup. It was time to let him play or let him go.

Personally I think this trade is perfect for the Patriots. Garoppolo is in a bad organization where he can't hurt us for years, and we got a good return. I think the whole thing was handled about as well as it was likely to be handled

I watched the interview and he didn’t seem to heap praise on Jimmy. Not that he said anything remotely negative about he just wasn’t necessarily gushing over him.

He was too big. He was ready to start, and we couldn't give him a starting job. He's too good to want to keep playing second fiddle to Brady and he's paid his dues as a backup. It was time to let him play or let him go.

Personally I think this trade is perfect for the Patriots. Garoppolo is in a bad organization where he can't hurt us for years, and we got a good return. I think the whole thing was handled about as well as it was likely to be handled
Super Bowl 54 - Brady vs Jimmy. Book it.

Super Bowl 54 - Brady vs Jimmy. Book it.
I've thought about that...

To retire Brady's last game is against the team h supported while young, and from his home area, and against his old backup that turned out the best of them all, and the pats wanted to keep,

Jules has always been a bit over critical of JAG cause his boy is TFB. Simple as that.

IMO the 49ers are getting a franchise QB. I don't know what end of the franchise QB spectrum he will be on but I think he clearly has it. He will be in this league for 10=15 more years.

I think it sucks to let such a player walk for a measly 2nd round pick but not much you can do about it. You need to hold on to the GOAT.

He's too busy stealing and sniffing Brady's boxers to praise Jimmy.

You are correct that the 49ers ownership has sucked for a while, but I think they did him a big favor because he will have quarterback whisperer Shanahan as coach. You know, the guy that turned Cousins and Schaub from backups to solid starters at Washington and Houston. And, that is before he turned Matt Ryan into a MVP last year.

Reminds me that I miss 11.
Only negative thing I can think about
JRG is he is no longer a Patriot.

Don't blame him for wanting to play.
I expect he will be extremely successful.

Someone remind him to include a contract escape clause
related to Pats needing a QB?
Thx

I don't even know what the question is, here. Jules is clearly saying that he used to be able to intimidate Jimmy into throwing to him and then Jimmy grew up enough to not let Jules bully him around.

All positive for Jimmy, imo.

Must have been a little akward for Edelman to be doing an interview with Amendola's ex.

I've thought about that...

To retire Brady's last game is against the team h supported while young, and from his home area, and against his old backup that turned out the best of them all, and the pats wanted to keep,
49ers are farther away than that.

Reminds me that I miss 11.
Only negative thing I can think about
JRG is he is no longer a Patriot.

Don't blame him for wanting to play.
I expect he will be extremely successful.

Someone remind him to include a contract escape clause
related to Pats needing a QB?
Thx

thank you!!!

I take it as him saying he was able to get Garoppolo to come out to L.A. during the off-season and work out with him a lot but then he became too big for that.

Honestly, nothing...

That isn't a bad organization any longer. Shanahan isn't an idiot. But it doesn't matter since its the NFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes