PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lazar's summary of training camp

"Marte Mapu is a linebacker."

Amen. He's not a S where I don't want to see him wasted at. Let's not do Pat Chung at FS all over again.

I missed Bill's comments about Anderson and was curious why Lazar interpreted it as Anderson possibly being out long term. Did he say anything beyond his standard Billisms?

I missed Bill's comments about Anderson and was curious why Lazar interpreted it as Anderson possibly being out long term. Did he say anything beyond his standard Billisms?
It doesn’t sound like it, but both Lazar and Barth seem to be interpreting it as a long-term absence.

And Lazar is very down on Sow playing tackle this year.

Here’s what Lazar said:
I would love to see Calvin Anderson out there before camp is over, but Belichick didn't sound too optimistic about that.

If the Eagles or any other team is coaching against the Pats based on whatever an Even Lazar says, well be undefeated for the rest of time.
I just think I have a small idea of BB’s art of war philosophy about information and the expected value of that information. Lazar may be out to lunch but the parallelism with 2011 is what I don’t like the most.

Disappointing about Montgomery after he started out so hot.

I think considering the number of roles he fills, and the lack of depth in those areas, that Montgomery will get his chance if he can get on the field.

Here’s what Lazar said:

I just caught Bill's press conference, and when asked about Anderson being on NFI and his availability, Bill's response was, "we'll see how it goes", and then went into his bit about not being a doctor. I heard the Dr clip earlier but didn't realize that he was talking about Anderson. Unless Lazar has more information unrelated to Bill's quotes he's being a tad dramatic.

I just caught Bill's press conference, and when asked about Anderson being on NFI and his availability, Bill's response was, "we'll see how it goes", and then went into his bit about not being a doctor. I heard the Dr clip earlier but didn't realize that he was talking about Anderson. Unless Lazar has more information unrelated to Bill's quotes he's being a tad dramatic.
That’s a definite possibility. But I suspect the beat guys have some idea what’s going on whether Bill is a doctor or not. For me, it was a good reset on my expectations that Anderson could be out there any day now.

Bill when asked about Anderson earlier this week said something to the effect of he didn’t know if Anderson would get back “this season” followed by a Bill ism that he didn’t have a “crystal ball”. If “this season” is in doubt, you would think it’s highly likely Anderson starts the season on NFI at least.

Unless Lazar has more information unrelated to Bill's quotes he's being a tad dramatic.
Lazar now works for the Patriots so he's probably got more info than your average beat writer.

Amen. He's not a S where I don't want to see him wasted at. Let's not do Pat Chung at FS all over again.
Agree but sometimes Lazar makes statements without facts and this is one of them. Mapu is an exciting prospect. Let's see what he can do on the field vs NFL caliber players once the red jersey comes off.

Chung is a Pats HoF but if there was a weakness in his game it was coverage past 15 yards of the LoS.

Mapu can play safety but why? He’s waaaay more valuable to the team as a linebacker and that’s Lazar’s point. I’ve heard him speak about this often actually regarding Mapu and I 100% agree. The team needs an inside LB that can cover, move sideline to sideline and spy QB’s. Mapu is going to be a good one.

I thought Bill had a doctorate in football.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back