PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G throwing guys under the bus? (And INTs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In many ways I want to see reports of interceptions, running laps for mistakes, botched snaps right now. Errors like this motivate the players to step up their efforts and remind them "Thou are but mortal". They're a constant reminder that the work does not stop and there is always something that needs to be improved.

Well - as long as we're not reading too much about these things come opening week.
I don't really care that he threw INTs. He is clearly showing poor leadership in his dialogue about them. Brady would simply say "I or maybe WE need to do better" if asked. Clearly Jimmy wanted people to know those were "not my fault". You are all missing it.

it is right in the article. He is making excuses for the INTs and even mentioning things like "I am trying to see what the new guys can do". It is actually pretty clear, BRady would never say anything other than"I need to do better" or nothing at all. To me it is a clear contrast.
No. Garoppolo is speaking truth where Brady has strategically decided to leave the truth well enough alone. Neither one of them is wrong, it's just that Brady toes a harder party line that I assume Garoppolo eventually will go by as well.

yeah, my bad. I forgot that a lot of the stuff through TC is like along, drawn out game day thread. Sigh.

I'm gonna get a few drinks in me and see if that doesn't freshen up my approach and make my posting more inline with what's expected. :)

th

it's odd you guys missing something obvious and clear.

No. Garoppolo is speaking truth where Brady has strategically decided to leave the truth well enough alone. Neither one of them is wrong, it's just that Brady toes a harder party line that I assume Garoppolo eventually will go by as well.
JAG clearly wants it known.. "INTs not my fault" very bad and you miss it

JAG clearly wants it known.. "INTs not my fault" very bad and you miss it
Your premise is ridiculous. He was ASKED by a reporter about the interceptions. He EXPLAINED how he made throws in practice that he wouldn't make in a game in the process of working with/getting to know new receivers. He ADMITTED making risky throws he wouldn't make in a real game to work on coordinating with those receivers.

Your problem is the fact he addressed it honestly where you believe he should toe the team party line and say nothing. He didn't throw anybody under the bus.

I liked his explanation. He's honest. I know that when you throw an interception you have to do better and i don't need the QB to tell me. What's interesting to me is why it came to the INT and he told us the reason. Also, he doesn't throw anybody under the bus. He said they were experimenting and things can go wrong there with it being nobody's fault.

Your premise is ridiculous. He was ASKED by a reporter about the interceptions. He EXPLAINED how he made throws in practice that he wouldn't make in a game in the process of working with/getting to know new receivers. He ADMITTED making risky throws he wouldn't make in a real game to work on coordinating with those receivers.

Your problem is the fact he addressed it honestly where you believe he should toe the team party line and say nothing. He didn't throw anybody under the bus.
he alluded to it being the new receivers fault.

Umm, no he didn't. In fact he didn't come close to alluding that they were anyone's fault.

I guess we're going to have to get used to seeing threads rip JG because some people are afraid that he may be seen by BB as Brady's heir apparent. Can't we just enjoy having two great QBs, when half the teams in league can't find one?

No he didn't! He EXPLAINED what they were working on and how they were doing it in a way that lent itself to the interceptions in PRACTICE that wouldn't occur in games. You're looking for something that isn't there.

Interceptions. Not in a playoff game. Not in a regular season game. Not in a pre-season game. Not in a fully padded practice. Not in an intra squad scrimmage.

Interceptions in an unpadded, training camp drill.....where you actually do try new things with some players you are not used to playing with.

I'm trying to think of anything that is more who-gives-a-**** than these Jimmy G interceptions, or his explanation for them.

I don't know about you guys but I think steak for breakfast is a really underrated dish.

I don't know about you guys but I think steak for breakfast is a really underrated dish.

Eggs Benedict over steak kicks ass.

Reactions: sb1
Interceptions. Not in a playoff game. Not in a regular season game. Not in a pre-season game. Not in a fully padded practice. Not in an intra squad scrimmage.

Interceptions in an unpadded, training camp drill.....where you actually do try new things with some players you are not used to playing with.

I'm trying to think of anything that is more who-gives-a-**** than these Jimmy G interceptions, or his explanation for them.
9908cb640cf00bd6689bd2aee22f0a9d.768x506x1.jpg

Love "The Answer"

Greatest rant in sports history.
I'd have to think about that one, Rob. I've heard some good ones. Plus, ESPN totally mischaracterized it. He was talking about a lot more than just practice before and after the clip that ESPN chose to play on a near constant loop for weeks.

I'd have to think about that one, Rob. I've heard some good ones. Plus, ESPN totally mischaracterized it. He was talking about a lot more than just practice before and after the clip that ESPN chose to play on a near constant loop for weeks.
I'm on AIs side. Larry Brown rode him hard and the press were a-holes.

Mora's is good too. Hal McRae had one. Ditka had some good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents