PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G and His Crew Smeared Jax...Are They REALLY Elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I think the difference is the media coverage. I had mentioned last week that people will be shocked with how good our D would look vs Tenn, yet all the media does is regurgitate rhetoric that may not even be that accurate.

I was having a conversation with a co-worker who is a Lions fan, just yesterday, and he literally said "it was surprising to see Pitt give up so many points since they have such a great defense"...

I was like "dude, they've been giving up 30 points per game on average at home for like 2 months."

It's amazing what the average fan doesn't know when the information is readily available to anyone.

I think media(and I include a lot of the crappy Boston media) and non-Pats fans are so tired of New Englands unprecedented long LOOONG reign of excellence, that they look for any little sliver of perceived chinks in the armor.
Trying to give themselves false hope.
Let's be real: the Patriots are by far the best team standing. Their D is on the same level as the other 3, but their O is light years better.
The fact they don't take any opponent lightly and prepare,study,practice,work and make better in-game adjustments than anyone else doesn't bode well for Jax,Philly and Minn.
Would take a bunch,not just one or two,serious flukes,combined with a bunch of Pats turnovers and/or the dreaded wrong injury to the wrong guy for any of the field to beat NE.
Could happen but very remote.

I think media(and I include a lot of the crappy Boston media) and non-Pats fans are so tired of New Englands unprecedented long LOOONG reign of excellence, that they look for any little sliver of perceived chinks in the armor.
It's just that the Patriots winning is the "Dog Bites Man" story. All the media is always looking for the "Man Bites Dog" story. It's more interesting it so sells more. Selling is what they are in business for.

Trying to give themselves false hope.
Let's be real: the Patriots are by far the best team standing. Their D is on the same level as the other 3, but their O is light years better.
The fact they don't take any opponent lightly and prepare,study,practice,work and make better in-game adjustments than anyone else doesn't bode well for Jax,Philly and Minn.
Would take a bunch,not just one or two,serious flukes,combined with a bunch of Pats turnovers and/or the dreaded wrong injury to the wrong guy for any of the field to beat NE.
Could happen but very remote.

Oh, I agree...I think it's obvious at this point. I just don't get why they do this to themselves and torture themselves every year.

NE may lose, but the unprofessionalism from most of the talking heads is embarrassing.

Some are ok, like Deion Sanders....He gets it. Heck, Tomlinson has finally quit with his antics, realizing he'll be sharing the stage with both BB and Brady at Canton in about 10 years.

Losers have agendas.

Oh, I agree...I think it's obvious at this point. I just don't get why they do this to themselves and torture themselves every year.

NE may lose, but the unprofessionalism from most of the talking heads is embarrassing.

Some are ok, like Deion Sanders....He gets it. Heck, Tomlinson has finally quit with his antics, realizing he'll be sharing the stage with both BB and Brady at Canton in about 10 years.

Losers have agendas.

It's more so than in years past. Atlanta and especially Seattle, were very worthy opponents. Both were capable of beating NE. There is no one of Jax,Philly or Minn. in that class.
Minn. looks like the best of those 3. Great D, great players on O- I just can't buy Keenum beating the Pats

Jags have one of the NFL's best defenses.
So do the Patriots.
Matter of fact, if you're truly objective,Pats D is slightly better than Jax' right now- over the last half of the season- and that carries more weight than season- long stats.
For all the hype and worrying about Jags very good D- the bigger question is how in the world is the jags O gonna score on the Pats very good D?

Shhh, if you use real facts the talking heads won't have anything to hype the game up this weekend. The Jags scored 45 points and barely got away with a win, if the Steelers had kicked a couple of field goals rather than chasing points, the game would have been a different outcome. The Jags offense matched up really well against the not well coached and undisciplined D that was really getting ready to play the Pats. The Jags are not that good, and the Steelers are not that bad. They just made the mistake of not taking the opponent in front of you seriously.

So now we have the underwhelming Jags against the littany of weapons the Pats have, and the Pats surging D. It's not going to be a close game.

It's dangerous looking at previous losses against weaker opponents and reading too much into it.

Playoff teams can overlook weaker opponent and have an off day, the Patriots lost to Miami and typically have 1 really bad loss every year and that's with the best QB and coach in NFL history so a young team with little experience could easily be overconfident and lay an egg.

the jags are jekyll and hyde......at pittsburgh was the first time they had a decent game on the road in a very long time

Actually, since Pittsburgh! Their road wins were the Texans, Colts, Browns and said pittsburgh. Impressive? Losses include the Titans, the Jets (the JETS!), Cardinals, and 49ers.

Actually, since Pittsburgh! Their road wins were the Texans, Colts, Browns and said pittsburgh. Impressive? Losses include the Titans, the Jets (the JETS!), Cardinals, and 49ers.

they played well against the Colts...... can't blame them for the schedule

Jags have one of the NFL's best defenses.
So do the Patriots.
Matter of fact, if you're truly objective,Pats D is slightly better than Jax' right now- over the last half of the season- and that carries more weight than season- long stats.
For all the hype and worrying about Jags very good D- the bigger question is how in the world is the jags O gonna score on the Pats very good D?

Ya idk how there WR are getting open vs Gilmore and Butler and there TE isn’t a threat. We could literally play 1 safety over the top with the type of WR they got plus Bortles

I don't think any historical great defense gives up 42 points and 545 yards in any game to any opponent.

Let's also not forget that the Patriots are the best team the Jags have seen to date by quite a bit.

OK, sieve was over the top, maybe a bit porous. Just the writer in me differentiating between giving up 20 plus to 40 plus. Certainly well aware they do some stuff well and have good players.

Porous indeed. Lots of holes in that argument. I don't think it will hold water. A real strain on the board.

Last edited:
It's more so than in years past. Atlanta and especially Seattle, were very worthy opponents. Both were capable of beating NE. There is no one of Jax,Philly or Minn. in that class.
Minn. looks like the best of those 3. Great D, great players on O- I just can't buy Keenum beating the Pats

Agree.

The other thing I noticed is these supposedly vastly superior defenses than ours, play one way all the time. They also don't have the scheme versatility with personnel or the depth BB has.

So, 1 injury or two, and I am just saying....Those Ds might not look as good in spots.

I don't think any historical great defense gives up 42 points and 545 yards in any game to any opponent.

Let's also not forget that the Patriots are the best team the Jags have seen to date by quite a bit.

Absolutely. I think that is being glossed over by the media. I am sort of leaning to Jax having shot their wad last week, and just assuming Pitt is on NE's level, when we know they really aren't.

Jax played Houston twice (decimated by injuries), Tenn twice and god awful Indy twice.

At least the Pats had a brutal part of their schedule and played in a stronger division.

Jax had no tough part of their schedule.

What was Jacksonville playing for when they played the 49ers? Was there anything on the line, playoff-wise?

I knew we should have kept Jimmy.

Regards,
Chris

the jags had the steelers number...and the steelers were frauds......their winning streak was littered with wins pulled out of their asses against the colts, ravens, bengals, packers......they weren't that good....the pats played like crap and the steelers still managed to screw the pooch

the jags tried to run the ball more than anyone else in the league

stop the run, stop the jags........it's that simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye