PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G. Can Help Us Clinch a 1st Round Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
JG is playing with house money for a big ol' pile of chips Sunday.

He's already in line for a big payday, going 3--0 in his first three starts in SF.

But, if he leads the forlorn 'niners to an upset over a Division Winner with the #1 scoring D in the League on Sunday in front of the hometown fans...serious, loyal football fans, starved for a relevant team after years in the wilderness...his contract will set a record for a QB who has started less than half a dozen games.

Not to mention Kittle who was a fan on the draft forum. Reminds me of a bigger Dallas Clark.

Again tho that D, when put together will be legit.

Buckner made a huge jump and deserves mention alongside of top tier IDL

Kittle's catch rate has also improved since Jimmy.

I wonder if Jimmy's presence may be inspiring their defense a bit now, too.

That team is loaded, esp on defense.

On every level.

They have 3 potential DPOY candidates in Campbell, Bouye & J.R. Pass rushers all over the place. Poz, Jack & Telvin Smith (Former Binky) at LB.

Bortles is the ultimate wild-card but he's been playing great.

Also their not afraid of anything. They have nothing to lose & no idea how good they can be.
Agree on all of that.

But the main reason I don't want the Pats to have to play JAX in January:
Tom ****ing Coughlin.
I don't want nuthin' to do with no more playoff games against a team managed or coached by Tom Coughlin.

Eli? The hell it was Eli. It was two disciplined teams that knew how to stand up to another disciplined, well-coached team and win in the final minutes of a big game. Maybe they did just enough to win and maybe they had some luck, but they made the plays they had to make. They played the way the Patriots usually plat at the end of a big game, taking advantage of every break.

Coughlin's the closest thing to Belichick to have coached in the NFL in the last umpteen years and he's the Jags' HC for all intents and purposes.
I don't want him coming to Foxboro in January.

Agree on all of that.

But the main reason I don't want the Pats to have to play JAX in January:
Tom ****ing Coughlin.
I don't want nuthin' to do with no more playoff games against a team managed or coached by Tom Coughlin.

Eli? The hell it was Eli. It was two disciplined teams that knew how to stand up to another disciplined, well-coached team and win in the final minutes of a big game. Maybe they did just enough to win and maybe they had some luck, but they made the plays they had to make. They played the way the Patriots usually plat at the end of a big game, taking advantage of every break.

Coughlin's the closest thing to Belichick to have coached in the NFL in the last umpteen years and he's the Jags' HC for all intents and purposes.
I don't want him coming to Foxboro in January.

Agreed.

He'd be a hell of speaker before the game if it went down like that in Jan.

Mike Francessa says he would have given up 2 first rounders for Jimmy and that he's a lock superstar on Bill Simmons podcast today

Don't count Jimmy out. I think the 49ers beat Jacksonville. But RIP our 2nd round draft pick. It could go from top 2 to being outside top 6/7

If he puts up huge numbers against that D with the receivers he has, then I will believe he may be the one.

One thing if Jimmy G carves up Jacksonville this weekend...we definitely gave the next Great one away...I was expecting a First Rounder. That said that Jax's D is built to make QB's feel uncomfortable Jimmy G being no different. Again if he Rips em he's the next Brady.

That's just silly. One game, six starts into his career proves nothing, let alone that he is comparable to the G.O.A.T. Nor does a bad performance prove he's Tim Tebow. People are losing their mind over this kid.

I really don't understand cheering for Jimmy to lose if you are a fan of his. Sure, we are Pats fans first. But a few draft slots in the second round are highly unlikely to make any difference. Quality players will still be there for the taking no matter where the pick ends up. If we got their first round pick, it would be a different story. I would be rooting against JG every game, but it's not.

SF has lost a bunch of games this year by 3 points or less. They are not nearly as bad as some people think they are. They will have a high draft pick to add a difference maker, presumably on offense. If Jimmy can turn into a top ten QB this might be a contender in 2-3 years. I would love to see a Brady/Jimmy SuperBowl matchup in Brady's final year.

Thanks Jimmy! I'm glad you're still helping us, even if you're not on the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents