PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G. Can Help Us Clinch a 1st Round Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be kinda funny if Pitts throw a stinker on the road with AB being out plus a Jaxs win. That would Bump Pitts to the three spot...to think they thought they had #1 all locked up.:D
EXACTLY what I see happening, if the players are all in on their HC.
It's freaking comical, the Patriots are living rent free in the empty space of black and gold heads!

Not me. The tougher the road for Jax, the better

That team is loaded, esp on defense.

On every level.

They have 3 potential DPOY candidates in Campbell, Bouye & J.R. Pass rushers all over the place. Poz, Jack & Telvin Smith (Former Binky) at LB.

Bortles is the ultimate wild-card but he's been playing great.

Also their not afraid of anything. They have nothing to lose & no idea how good they can be.

Understood, but Pittsburgh is playing Houston and Cleveland to close out the season. Not much hope for a loss there unless they implode.
I'm interested to see if Pittsburgh has a trap game in them this week. They were talking about the Patriots until at least Tuesday and there hasn't been much of anything from them about Houston. Without Watson and Watt, Houston is terrible - but not so terrible they couldn't keep it close against an unfocused Pittsburgh team.

The way the ball bounced against the Patriots also might dispel that team of destiny vibe around the Steelers clubhouse. Although they had won all those close games the past month, they couldn't achieve the same result against a top-tier ball club. That's got to hurt their confidene.

I think SF is very close to having an elite D.

I agree.

It seems like about 75% of their 22 guys on IR are defensive players, several of them pretty good (and relatively young). Lots of good, young talent still healthy and active, too. It doesn't seem like they need to go crazy-extravagant in FA to round things out, and I hope they're smart enough not to.

Interesting sidebar to the "JG Effect" (interesting to me, anyway) has been the impact on (former track star) WR Marquise Goodwin. Through 4 seasons in BUF, Goodwin's average catch rate was 44%. In SFO, it was 41%, continuing his "bust" status - until JG. Since then, he's been catching passes at a 72% clip ... 28/39 for 397 yds, nearly half his season total yardage (as the Niners' leading receiver with Garcon on IR since wk-8).

Maybe 1-2 pieces away on offense, too.

If I was a Niners fan (and I may become one soon), I'd be very excited about the team's chances in 2018.

Have some difficulty wondering about all of the "what if's", but the Pats need to focus on controlling their own destiny.. Buffalo has become a formidable foe with what looks like a pretty good coach.

Will think about the other stuff after about 4:15 on Sunday....

I did not realize that SF plays the Jacksonville Jaguars this weekend. If the Jags lose and we win, we clinch a 1st round bye. If we win, the Jags lose and the Steelers lose, then we clinch the No. 1 seed in the AFC and our boys can rest during Week 17. See, it's like he's still on the team for those still lamenting the trade! Go Pats and go Jimmy G.!
So basically we need to win...

I agree.

It seems like about 75% of their 22 guys on IR are defensive players, several of them pretty good (and relatively young). Lots of good, young talent still healthy and active, too. It doesn't seem like they need to go crazy-extravagant in FA to round things out, and I hope they're smart enough not to.

Interesting sidebar to the "JG Effect" (interesting to me, anyway) has been the impact on (former track star) WR Marquise Goodwin. Through 4 seasons in BUF, Goodwin's average catch rate was 44%. In SFO, it was 41%, continuing his "bust" status - until JG. Since then, he's been catching passes at a 72% clip ... 28/39 for 397 yds, nearly half his season total yardage (as the Niners' leading receiver with Garcon on IR since wk-8).

If I was a Niners fan (and I may become one soon), I'd be very excited about the team's chances in 2018.
I am hoping to see a Rams/Niners rivalry that goes on in that division for a while.

One thing if Jimmy G carves up Jacksonville this weekend...we definitely gave the next Great one away...I was expecting a First Rounder. That said that Jax's D is built to make QB's feel uncomfortable Jimmy G being no different. Again if he Rips em he's the next Brady.
He may end up great but almost certainly not the next Brady.

Do you think “GOATS” come along every few years? I doubt we’ll see another Brady in the next 25 years

If the NFL is still around

Really kinda torn on this one. I have reasons for each team to both win AND lose.

Damn Glitch Richards for losing us the game in Miami, and Gilmore for losing us the game vs the Panthers.

One thing if Jimmy G carves up Jacksonville this weekend...we definitely gave the next Great one away...I was expecting a First Rounder. That said that Jax's D is built to make QB's feel uncomfortable Jimmy G being no different. Again if he Rips em he's the next Brady.

Not even close.

I’ll bet jimmy takes it to the jags then tells the press that they are fake. Nah, he’s classy and wouldn’t say it but just once man.

I’d also like to hear Brady after beating the bills say” what? You guys didn’t think we’d lose to the team from Hooverville did you or did you think Pitt was hooterville? Ah well they are all junk. Go Muhammad Ali on them

yes, were not likely to see another Brady maybe ever. Four decades of watching sports and honestly, there’s no Michael Jordan that will come along, Kobe and that dude in cleaveland are no where close to mj so, I think about years past. Montana was great but not even he was a Brady. BART star might have been the Brady a long time ago but I never saw him play but my dad always says Brady is the new Bart star. That means fifty or sixty years. I say never though. Jimmy will most likely be a pro bowl quarterback along the Michael Vick or Carson palmer type. He’s got a long ways to go to even be the next Kurt Warner. When Brady goes, all the excitement will be gone even from adversaries

I agree.

Not to mention Kittle who was a fan on the draft forum. Reminds me of a bigger Dallas Clark.

Again tho that D, when put together will be legit.

Buckner made a huge jump and deserves mention alongside of top tier IDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick