PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post JETS SUCK 2021 EDITION (OFFICIAL): THE INSIDIOUS JETE STANK CONSPIRACY

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Feel free to add a bubble to that one, 'Scribe...

Flacco: I’m unvaccinated. I know this will shock the world of sports and its fans. I’m buckling up for all the media insanity. Let’s hear it.

Everyone:

1637248210078.gif

Just because.

Watched the whole game in-flight to Las Vegas that night. All Pats fans on the plane.

9 years ago next week... Saw it at the bar in the lobby of the downtown Philly Marriott... Half the place were Jete/Vagiants fans by that time, and I was the only Pats fan... Victory is also sweet when enjoyed inside the bowels of the enemy...

Lets put his take on Mac Jones out there and see if anyone agrees?

For purposes of this thread that would be irrelevant; regardless, his take on McMilfson is spot on.

Apparently Breer says that if there was a draft redo the Jets would draft Justin Fields.

Interesting piece..

"Trevor Lawrence would definitely still go first, and then the second quarterback to go would be between the guys taken fourth (Fields) and fifth (Jones),” Breer said. “Unanimously, the scouts that I talked to said if you redrafted right now, the Jets would probably take Justin Fields, but Mac Jones would be the other guy in the equation.
"I just think it's interesting that this early you're hearing -- because normally you would hear scouts say, well, we haven't seen enough and everything else. I've heard from enough scouts where it was like, yeah, the first quarterback would still be Lawrence, but the second quarterback to go, it would be between Fields and Jones now."
t’s easy to see why scouts feel that way. Jones has looked like a seasoned veteran leading the Patriots’ offense. Meanwhile, Fields' raw talent paired with his moxie have led to jaw-dropping plays and exciting drives.

It just shows how the scouting community is so in love with running QBs with "raw talent". I think the running side doesn't last too long, it starts to drop off five or so years in to the career. Saw it already with people like Cam, Vick, McNabb, etc. We protect QBs more these days, but still, when they become a runner they are exposed, and running seems to generate injuries. Look at Prescott last season. F*cks up his leg, then a promising season ends when they have to plug in Andy Dalton. Now that Dak's back they don't run him. I'm happier with a pocket QB who excels at passing the ball. Let him hand it off to RBs, there are four of them on the depth chart, more on the practice squad, so if one goes down you plug in another.

As for da Jete, of course they f*cked things up. Small school QB from East Bumf*ck gets plugged in as QB1 in one of the media capitals of the world, nothing but a practice squad Caucasian behind him. Mr Clean and his staff of nobodies think so much of their own abilities that there is no Plan B. What could go wrong? Guess we'll see when Flecko gets pounded into a pulp this weekend.

Interesting piece..

"Trevor Lawrence would definitely still go first, and then the second quarterback to go would be between the guys taken fourth (Fields) and fifth (Jones),” Breer said. “Unanimously, the scouts that I talked to said if you redrafted right now, the Jets would probably take Justin Fields, but Mac Jones would be the other guy in the equation.
"I just think it's interesting that this early you're hearing -- because normally you would hear scouts say, well, we haven't seen enough and everything else. I've heard from enough scouts where it was like, yeah, the first quarterback would still be Lawrence, but the second quarterback to go, it would be between Fields and Jones now."
t’s easy to see why scouts feel that way. Jones has looked like a seasoned veteran leading the Patriots’ offense. Meanwhile, Fields' raw talent paired with his moxie have led to jaw-dropping plays and exciting drives.

It just shows how the scouting community is so in love with running QBs with "raw talent". I think the running side doesn't last too long, it starts to drop off five or so years in to the career. Saw it already with people like Cam, Vick, McNabb, etc. We protect QBs more these days, but still, when they become a runner they are exposed, and running seems to generate injuries. Look at Prescott last season. F*cks up his leg, then a promising season ends when they have to plug in Andy Dalton. Now that Dak's back they don't run him. I'm happier with a pocket QB who excels at passing the ball. Let him hand it off to RBs, there are four of them on the depth chart, more on the practice squad, so if one goes down you plug in another.

As for da Jete, of course they f*cked things up. Small school QB from East Bumf*ck gets plugged in as QB1 in one of the media capitals of the world, nothing but a practice squad Caucasian behind him. Mr Clean and his staff of nobodies think so much of their own abilities that there is no Plan B. What could go wrong? Guess we'll see when Flecko gets pounded into a pulp this weekend.

I still can't get over the Jete making McMilfson a team captain, especially since he never was voted captain at BYU.

It’s easy to see why scouts feel that way. Jones has looked like a seasoned veteran leading the Patriots’ offense. Meanwhile, Fields' raw talent paired with his moxie have led to jaw-dropping plays and exciting drives.

In other words: they never learn.

Justin Fields is god awful. He takes sacks at a 13.4% rate! Here’s how I’d re-draft:

1. Jones - He is successful thus far. That’s not a theoretical. And he’s freaking good, too…this isn’t coaching/system.
2. Lawrence - Basically still 1A. Looks the part and likely to improve a lot, but that’s in theory.
3. Lance - Who knows?
4. Wilson - Terrible, but the Jets also at fault.
5. Fields - Not an NFL caliber quarterback. Tucks and runs and isn’t some generational runner.

1637343669738.png

Lets face it, the Jets screwed up again by taking an immature mormon kid with a nice arm but little awareness. He has no chance surviving in that market.

Lets face it, the Jets screwed up again by taking an immature mormon kid with a nice arm but little awareness. He has no chance surviving in that market.
Then they screwed him up by putting him on a team with a first time HC and OC, everyone trying to learn the OC's scheme all at the same time, no veteran QB around who knows the system enough to at least demonstrate how to run the system if not also be a mentor.

Throw Punky to the wolves on day 1 and shake the dust off their hands and say we've done our job, now kid it's all on you.

Jones - He is successful thus far. That’s not a theoretical. And he’s freaking good, too…this isn’t coaching/system.
Agree, plus the coaching staff did their jobs, brought him up to speed in small steps, and let him show he could be QB1 before they sent Cam packing.

If anything the coaching staff didn't open up the play book soon enough, IMO.

Then we can talk about how we spent less draft capital, paying a lower salary, etc.

Moms must have swung some votes for him.
Girl's got Talent & Ambition working for her.

Guess the country club membership is paying off.

In other words: they never learn.

Justin Fields is god awful. He takes sacks at a 13.4% rate! Here’s how I’d re-draft:

1. Jones - He is successful thus far. That’s not a theoretical. And he’s freaking good, too…this isn’t coaching/system.
2. Lawrence - Basically still 1A. Looks the part and likely to improve a lot, but that’s in theory.
3. Lance - Who knows?
4. Wilson - Terrible, but the Jets also at fault.
5. Fields - Not an NFL caliber quarterback. Tucks and runs and isn’t some generational runner.

View attachment 37826

I wonder if you're being a bit too down on Fields' potential, he did some impressive things vs. the Steelers.

I wonder if you're being a bit too down on Fields' potential, he did some impressive things vs. the Steelers.
because he's just in fields where legitimately talented people are playing

Apologies if this has been posted already.Former Jey RB Zac Stacy hiding from cops after beating his girlfriend.There is video of it,be warned it's pretty brutal

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back