PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And their reason for tanking is talking about staying in college for another year. :D

Yea that's not hype either. Darnold is a "USC" guy and comes from a very accomplished family in terms of sports. Going back to his grandfather **** Hammer.

So he's a guy that loves the college bond and camaraderie that comes along at a place like that.

It's not a bad thing. He needs to clean up some things, like all guys but is a great prospect.

And their reason for tanking is talking about staying in college for another year. :D

Yea that's not hype either. Darnold is a "USC" guy and comes from a very accomplished family in terms of sports. Going back to his grandfather **** Hammer.

So he's a guy that loves the college bond and camaraderie that comes along at a place like that.

It's not a bad thing. He needs to clean up some things, like all guys but is a great prospect.

I can safely speak for the JETE here since I'm part of the JETE.

The JETE doesn't care about any individual college QB at this point. So much changes over the course of a season. What's important is that there are supposedly 5 or 6 guys who are better than what came out this last year.

Let the season play out and the QB rankings fall in place. No rush in targeting any one individual now.

The JETE doesn't care about any individual college QB at this point. So much changes over the course of a season. What's important is that there are supposedly 5 or 6 guys who are better than what came out this last year.

Let the season play out and the QB rankings fall in place. No rush in targeting any one individual now.

Exactly.

With or without him there will be a few really nice guys if you have a top 5 pick. And most likely 1 or 2 mid rd guys as well.

All about the right guy, right situation and development.

Ohh man. 5 or 6? What's the odds you pick the wrong one?

So much to look forward to.

Will they get the first pick?
Will they pick the right guy?
Will they find an ex Jet that can spell?

Stressful times for the Jetes.

A worry for sure. But I worry even more that no matter who we pick, we'll ruin him anyway.

Though to be fair, they seem to be doing a decent job with Hack now. There was plenty of pressure to play him last year, but they let him sit and learn. And now, unbelievably, there have been a couple good reports on his progress.

Will it amount to a legit franchise QB? Or even a legit backup QB? No clue. But at least they're showing some progress in handling a young QB.

I'd go with the safe pick and grab a fullback. Maybe draft Blair Thomas... again.

disagree...times like these call for the drafting of a tight end...:D

So much to look forward to.

Will they get the first pick?
Will they pick the right guy?
Will they find an ex Jet that can spell?

Stressful times for the Jetes.

I would have thought that they'd be used to losing by now, like their counterpart in the AFCN, the Browns.

It doesn't really matter what pick they have. They'll make the wrong choice. They're the Jetes.

They could have just gone all out for it and grabbed Mitch Trubisky this year. Franchise Qb for the J-E-T-E-S, that's a decade of suck guaranteed.

A worry for sure. But I worry even more that no matter who we pick, we'll ruin him anyway.

Though to be fair, they seem to be doing a decent job with Hack now. There was plenty of pressure to play him last year, but they let him sit and learn. And now, unbelievably, there have been a couple good reports on his progress.

Will it amount to a legit franchise QB? Or even a legit backup QB? No clue. But at least they're showing some progress in handling a young QB.

Haha. I agree. A sitting Jete QB has better numbers than the one on the field.

No, I disagree with most of what you post on principle.

They will win six to eight games.
They will be lucky to win 3. They do not have to try to lose. They have virtually no talent.

They will be lucky to win 3. They do not have to try to lose. They have virtually no talent.
I know that. I'm trying to think positively.

the proper frame of mind is to think.."the Jete suck..."...everything else falls right into line when you accept this basic ,incontrovertible fact.
Yes, but being somewhat the perfectionist I like my Jete suckage finely tuned and served with just the right dose of abject mediocrity, leaving that moribund franchise and its idiot fans mired in the perpetual abyss of football purgatory. Seven or eight wins should do it, but I'll be fine with six. OK, five.

No, I disagree with most of what you post on principle.

They will win six to eight games.
Tunescribe, i get this is the jets and not our area of expertise, and i assume this is wishful thinking but 6-8. The jets couldnt win 6-8 games this year if the patriots got to play one quarter in their behalf in every game.

The jets couldnt win 6-8 games this year if the patriots got to play one quarter in their behalf in every game.

I disagree. I mean that scenario basically describes Superbowl LI.

Tunescribe, i get this is the jets and not our area of expertise, and i assume this is wishful thinking but 6-8. The jets couldnt win 6-8 games this year if the patriots got to play one quarter in their behalf in every game.
Yes, it's wishful thinking. I've already admitted it. But I'm starting to come around to the fact that even if the Jete suck down to their potential, it won't do them any good.

Actually, that's something I've known all along. I simply had forgotten what it's like entering a season when even their brain-dead fans have given up on them and are creatively rationalizing how losing ultimately will "help" the, ahem, "franchise."

Yes, but being somewhat the perfectionist I like my Jete suckage finely tuned and served with just the right dose of abject mediocrity, leaving that moribund franchise and its idiot fans mired in the perpetual abyss of football purgatory. Seven or eight wins should do it, but I'll be fine with six. OK, five.
Why would you want them to win?
I assume it has something to do with lower draft picks but they screw up their high draft picks when they get them.
Much more fun to see 2-14 then abad draft too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents