PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finalists just announced for the new, New Jersey Jete Green Beans team fight song! Cast your vote today!

I was just about to bump this thread up...never forget! The green nitwits are among us!

Cheers! Let's keep it in here as much as possible.

2018 1st overall pick! Get 'er done!

"and with the 2018 draft's 1st pick in the first round the New York Jetes select...Blair Thomas Jr. from Allcorn State..."

50bd099592a04.image.jpg

Ambassadorships are merely favors to friends; otherwise, they're meaningless.

Old man Joe Kennedy was ambassador to the UK under FDR, and he hated the British.

The Ambassadorship to London is special. You don't need someone who is an expert on the language and culture, so you can send off a wealthy nitwit with an Alfred E Neuman grin, knowing that he can't do much harm.

The upside of Woody as Ambassador is that the State Department doesn't lead on matters of state in this administration, so nothing of strategic importance will be asked of him. In the past, it could have been a problem. Heck, the State Department is so understaffed at the top right now that it couldn't do much even if asked to.

So this is literally the best Jets forum post of all time... I mean, why even bother with this thread anymore, this guy summed it all up in one amazing rant:

Chiefs have parted ways with GM, John Dorsey

This analysis is so good that it almost causes me to relax about the Jets. Then I remember Tune's opening remarks for this thread, and stiffen my back: "We MUST remain vigilant, as the New Jersey Green Beans continue their scheming ways and underhanded shenanigans..."

Although not related to 2017 - here's the New Jersey hometown view of the Top 10 dumbest things the Jets have ever done.

The 10 dumbest things the Jets have ever done, from Vernon Gholston to Rich Kotite

I have to say I would NOT have picked their #1 as the #1 dumbest thing they've done... that being said, this was written by a Jet's fan - so 'nuff said

(Despite his success in Seattle I never thought Carroll was a good coach and wouldn't even put this on a Top 10 list) - that being said, selecting Rich Kotite as a HC is certainly an honorable mention)

Some of these moves are just jaw droppingly bad - such as Parcells effectively trading the #1 pick of Orlando Pace for NOTHING

(Despite his defection to the Jets mid 1996 Super Bowl, I'll always appreciate Parcells for helping to keep the Pats here and build a foundation for success under Belichick & Brady and still think of him as a great HC and decent GM - for picking DeMarcus Ware alone!)

Some of the names they passed on of course add salt to the Jets' wounds - but there again, other teams passed on them as well as the draft - even at #1 - is always a crap shoot (and the Pats passed on Brady until the 6th round too!)

Vernon Gholston of course made the list - and they don't even tell the full story of how Belichick's misinformation campaign is effectively what got them to take him! That's the biggest part of that story IMO!

But I'd think there's plenty more than these 10 that come to mind even for those less familiar with the Jets' long history of Epic Fails!

LOL, how can you put "letting Pete Carroll get away" above "letting Bill Belichick get away" as your biggest mistake? The article blames "change in ownership" as the reason BB resigned as the new coach of the NYJ (which I know BB has also given as the official reason), but I distinctly remember it was Parcells pulling some bush league moves, such as "resigning" himself to the front office in order to "promote" BB and prevent him from interviewing with the dreaded Patriots.

They even screw up a Top 10 Screw-Ups List.

LOL, how can you put "letting Pete Carroll get away" above "letting Bill Belichick get away" as your biggest mistake? The article blames "change in ownership" as the reason BB resigned as the new coach of the NYJ (which I know BB has also given as the official reason), but I distinctly remember it was Parcells pulling some bush league moves, such as "resigning" himself to the front office in order to "promote" BB and prevent him from interviewing with the dreaded Patriots.

They even screw up a Top 10 Screw-Ups List.

Wasn't it Parcells who complained about not being allowed to "shop for groceries" and then wouldn't allow BB to "shop for groceries"?

Wasn't it Parcells who complained about not being allowed to "shop for groceries" and then wouldn't allow BB to "shop for groceries"?
Well, he really didn't want him to "shop for a new team," and it takes one to know one, since that is exactly what Bill Parcells did to the Pats. The difference of course is that BB was shopping for a new team in the off season, while Parcells was doing it during Super Bowl week when his team was in it. The Jetes deserve all the karma they get.

Well, he really didn't want him to "shop for a new team," and it takes one to know one, since that is exactly what Bill Parcells did to the Pats. The difference of course is that BB was shopping for a new team in the off season, while Parcells was doing it during Super Bowl week when his team was in it. The Jetes deserve all the karma they get.

''It's just like a friend of mine told me,'' Parcells said. '' 'If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries.' ''

He said that but IIRC, he wouldn't allow BB to shop for his groceries or there was something in BB's contract that conflicted with what Parcells had in his contract regarding player personnel.

''It's just like a friend of mine told me,'' Parcells said. '' 'If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries.' ''

He said that but IIRC, he wouldn't allow BB to shop for his groceries or there was something in BB's contract that conflicted with what Parcells had in his contract regarding player personnel.
No, he said that all right, but it was because Kraft had Bobby Grier as his GM with the Pats and would not allow Parcells to pick the players at the draft. Grier famously picked Terry Glenn over some defensive player that Parcells wanted, and that seemed to be the beginning of the end of Parcells in NE. I think Kraft has since admitted that he made mistakes with Parcells that he was determined not to make with BB, hence BB being de facto GM and coach. Parcells was just being an A-H0!e when BB wanted to come over from the Jets. Apparently Parcells got wind of the fact that the Pats wanted to interview BB (the defensive coordinator with the Jets) for their head coaching position so instead of allowing BB (you know, the guy who helped him get to 3 and win 2 Superbowls) to interview, Parcells "resigned" as HC of the Jets (but seemed to intend to stay in the front office and be the defacto coach) and named BB as his automatic replacement, I believe without even discussing it with BB and/or without his agreement. This led to the famous napkin exchange one minute before the press conference where Parcells planned to gloriously stick it to the Pats. Didn't quite work out how he expected.

Although not related to 2017 - here's the New Jersey hometown view of the Top 10 dumbest things the Jets have ever done.
Overall the list is like the Jets, they both suck! We have better things about the Jets suckage listed on the first page of this thread.

However, it's nice that the topic of the Jets suckage is so vast that it gives sports writers something to write about during the deadest period of the NFL season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes