PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think he would get it after our stud free agent middle linebacker visits their team and turns down their big cash offer (even after they made cupcakes for him!) and their stud free agent middle linebacker visits our team and accepts our low cash offer -- the Jete Suck! Both players are thrilled that they aren't members of that hot mess team known as the New York Jete!

Eric Decker had a party when he was lost for the season last year. Now he's a happy camper somewhere else. You know why? Because the Jets still suck.

This is the right move. Hack has to earn his spot and the respect of his teammates. The starting job shouldn't be giving away.

No, it's been well established that women everywhere hate the Jete.

It's funny how you can say no one will care all nonchalantly like you know that for a fact. Well even if no one will care, what I KNOW FOR SURE....the Patriots SBs will be on these:

cd_dvd_PNG9074.png

And your Super Bowl will always be featured on this:

66907300.O9tmXyQL.vcr.jpg

I think the Jets even predate VHS.

I think one of the few things that predated the Jets title was the landing on the moon, but not by much.

That's right. The first Led Zeppelin album was released that year or were you thinking of Woodstock?

Silly music doesn't compare to the moon landing or The Guarantee (aka the formation of the greatest sports league ever, the NYJFL).

Silly music doesn't compare to the moon landing or The Guarantee (aka the formation of the greatest sports league ever, the NYJFL).

Silly music? Who would sell more tickets? The Led Zeppelin 2 tribute band or a Jetes football game?

I'll give you one good thing about the Jetes. They sell their game tickets at 1969 pricing. :D

So this is literally the best Jets forum post of all time... I mean, why even bother with this thread anymore, this guy summed it all up in one amazing rant:

Chiefs have parted ways with GM, John Dorsey

You guys understand it takers two to tango, right ? it wasn't an accident Berry and Houston didn't sign earlier for less money, lol

The only teams that get players at below market value, early, and the player leaves money on the table are teams that enjoy prestige, reputation or swag, the NFL iconic flagship teams with pro-bowl QB's or teams in places with no state income tax, in resort type areas of the country that sort of thing.

It's not a weird coincidence all jets GM's have to pay a premium to attract players.

The Jets are the only team in the NFL with a unique set of challenges. There are many teams that share many of these challenges, but I don't think anybody else has all of them.

If you were to create a "prestige" rating, the jets come in dead last and it's not even close.

The owner is a diamond plated spoon baby with no business experience, he never worked a real job one day in his life and is generally regarded by agents as a bufoon very unlikely to ever turn things around. He seems perfectly happy earning his millions via the network deals.

The GM and coach are lost newbies who are more than likely setting up the next regime at best. Who knows what the future holds for them, but neither guy is a draw for attracting talent on his own.

The QB situation is lol city. enough said.

They share an ugly boring stadium with another team. Everybody knows the Giants are the older big brother and the Jets are the JV team. There is no dawg pound, no 12th man, nobody goes into the toaster thinking they have to battle the noise.

The cost of living for northern NJ is brutal. When I was a headhunter I would never schedule interviews for people to come the the tri-state area until they had spent time on a realty site pricing out homes. I'll never forget the doctor in Ohio who told me he has the biggest house in town and it cost him $250,000. Needless to say he did not take the interview at Westchester Medical Group, lol

The taxes in NJ are among the highest in the country. I'm no accountant but if you live and work in NJ I don't think you are getting away with not paying the taxes.

The beat writers are a bunch of blood sucking jackals hell bent on creating controversy and promoting a daily narrative that the Jets suck and always will. I was in another city on business years ago and I was listening to the talk radio and they were like cheerleaders, disagreeing with callers and selling the team.

The cheaters have a strangle hold on the division for the next 5 years at least. If you come to the AFC east, it is for money. The best you can hope for is a wildcard berth and a loss on the road. It's like being on the Orioles when the Yankees and Redsox owned that division in the early 2000's. You will say all the right things, but you know you aren't winning anything.

Jets fans. There are many awesome die hards that support this team and deserve a purple heart, but lets be honest Jets fans couldn't save one thing we did well, the J-E-T-S chant ! We hassled and heckled our most famous fan relentlessly for wearing a Sanchez jersey until he ******* quit ! The team mascot ******* quit!

The weather blows. Blizzards and hurricanes, yay !

Even being close to NYC doesn't count anymore, players can't go out without some jagalloon trying to provoke a fight to get paid anymore.

so with all those things considered, why would a young talented player sign early here and leave money on the table exactly ?

The owner is a diamond plated spoon baby with no business experience, he never worked a real job one day in his life and is generally regarded by agents as a bufoon very unlikely to ever turn things around.
Sounds like this jackass needs a job where he could never be in charge of anything important like a relationship between nations.

Sounds like this jackass needs a job where he could never be in charge of anything important like a relationship between nations.

Not sure which Ambassador job would be easier the UK or Canada. :D

The New York Jets aren't tanking (it's impossible in the NFL). They're just terrible. | FOX Sports

Interesting article that tells us what we already know: It's impossible to tank so the Jete aren't tanking, they just suck!

Most relevant point technically:
5) Except in the rarest cases, the draft is a complete crapshoot

What's the point of intentionally losing and alienating a fanbase all to take a wild stab at a player who might have a 25 percent chance of becoming an All-Pro?

If there's a Peyton Manning in the draft then, yeah, maybe tweaking the roster a bit in December to help coax a late-season loss is a reasonable idea. (It might not work, but it's worth a shot.) But there's been, maybe, one sure thing at No. 1 this decade, and even Andrew Luck has had his struggles.

However, for the purposes of this thread, the most relevant point is:
6) The Jets (and other bad teams) need no assistance in being horrible

It might make everybody in Cleveland feel better to say that last year's 1-15 season was the result of tanking, but how does that explain the previous 25 years?

Not sure which Ambassador job would be easier the UK or Canada. :D
Ambassadorships are merely favors to friends; otherwise, they're meaningless.

Old man Joe Kennedy was ambassador to the UK under FDR, and he hated the British.

Old man Joe Kennedy was ambassador to the UK under FDR, and he hated the British.

I agree but I would argue that the ambassador to China plays more of a crucial role. Not in a policy sense rather avoiding igniting diplomatic fires.

Yes, and FDR didn't have a Twitter account, so the job was much more important back then.

The real common thread is both Woody and Kennedy got the job because they raised huge sums of money for their candidates, not that they were personal friends.

The hope is that someone who can raise such large sums of money can also handle diplomatic duties, but we'll see about that.

Kennedy indeed got sacked because he could not bring himself to follow the policy lines being laid out by FDR. I kind of doubt Woody has any coherent thoughts about policy so that shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back