PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you want them to win?
I assume it has something to do with lower draft picks but they screw up their high draft picks when they get them.
Much more fun to see 2-14 then abad draft too.
I stated it in my post: I want them to win just enough to maintain mediocrity ad infinitum. Going 2-14 is fine, but that usually results in coaching and/or front-office changes. Get enough of those over time and you end up with an ownership change. THAT we definitely do not want.

Last edited:
I stated it in my post: I want them to win just enough to maintain mediocrity ad infinitum. Going 2-14 is fine, but that usually results in coaching and/or front-office changes. Get enough of those over time and you end up with an ownership change. THAT we definitely do not want.

Who would be the next owner? Dr. Colon Sphincter ?

I'd like to see them lose every game.

I'd like to see them lose every game.
6-10 or 7-9 for me. This reduces the chance that the rodents accidentally hit on a pick. The higher in the draft order the higher the possibility of getting a great player.

6-10 or 7-9 for me. This reduces the chance that the rodents accidentally hit on a pick. The higher in the draft order the higher the possibility of getting a great player.

This time next year...
  1. We'll have a young franchise QB. Either via a top draft pick or because Petty or Hack have proven worthwhile (probably 7+ wins).
  2. We'll have a very young team with what was basically 20 games to practice and develop.
  3. There will be around $90 million, and the 2018 draft to fill whatever holes are left after those 20 developmental games.
2017 won't have much in the way of winning to cheer for, but it will be fun watching the team develop and take shape. And 2018 will be a whole 'nother story.

Can't wait!

I would rather have the jets drafting high. We know they will screw it up. The team drafting ahead if them could actually get good.
In other words they are 30 organizations that have a better chance of taking a SB away from us than the jets.

This time next year...
  1. We'll have a young franchise QB. Either via a top draft pick or because Petty or Hack have proven worthwhile (probably 7+ wins).
  2. We'll have a very young team with what was basically 20 games to practice and develop.
  3. There will be around $90 million, and the 2018 draft to fill whatever holes are left after those 20 developmental games.
2017 won't have much in the way of winning to cheer for, but it will be fun watching the team develop and take shape. And 2018 will be a whole 'nother story.

Can't wait!
Yup 2018 will be the new coaching staff who will come in with different schemes and want different players.
Failing in 2017 will set the Jete back another 5 years but making another set of awful coaching and gm hires will mean we are right back herein another 3-4.

all you need to know about that franchise...they have a thread going to name the top 5 QBs in Jets history.

almost unanimously Mark Sanchez is #2 and Pennington is strongly #3

That's truly amazing. Pennington was about 10x the quarterback that Sanchez was on his best day. Pennington had poor arm strength, especially after his injury, but he was by far the second best quarterback in the AFC East since 2001 (damn this division is terrible at developing QBs.) He had accuracy and intelligence. Pennington may have been better than Namath as well - even adjusted for their eras - but I understand that is a lot harder to quantify and Namath should probably get #1 based on his accolades, overrated or not.

Back to Sanchez, though. I get that he played a couple of decent playoff games, one of his best being the 2010-11 game at Gillette, but he was a terrible quarterback. He was one of those high draft picks where you scratch your head and wonder what the scouts saw. It was like he was throwing a shot put, with a tremendously slow delivery, weak arm strength, wobbly ball, and god awful pocket presence. He played like he was 5'6" in the way he's shrink away. He clearly could not scan the field or read a defense either. I'd rather pick a bigger framed quarterback with a big arm - even a guy like Hackenburg - especially when spending a top 3 pick, and just hope that his mental game eventually makes some strides, as at least the physical tools are there. The first game I saw from Sanchez, I knew he was going to be an ultimate failure because he clearly didn't have the talent to make it. I have to hand it to the Jets for building a team where even he could succeed for a couple of years, albeit at a high cost, much of which they are still paying for years later.

This time next year...

Can't wait!
So suddenly, after 48 years, the Green Beans will put it all together and "rebuild" properly. Why do you believe this?

So suddenly, after 48 years, the Green Beans will put it all together and "rebuild" properly. Why do you believe this?
Especially if they stay with the two clowns currently heading that crapfest beyond this year.

I disagree. I mean that scenario basically describes Superbowl LI.

This time next year...

Can't wait!

Its alway next year for you guys, but next years come and go and nothing ever happens. Now there is talk of sam darnold not coming out and staying at usc through his senior year. Hopefully you can hold the suck together for two years. If anyone can the jets can. Dont you ever get tired of looking out the window clutching your pearls and singing "someday my prince will come?"

I know Joker would hate this, but does anyone else feel that beating on the Jets this year is kind of redundant and irrelevant. I don't know a single Jet fan who cares about the 2017 season. So for them, this season is going to be all about trolling Pats fans and waiting for the 2018 season to begin a 4 or 5 year rebuilding project.

So why are we allowing Jet fans to think that they even are a micro-speck on our radar. Now, I have been programed from birth to hate ALL NYC teams from birth. Even when the Giants were the NFL we got on TV I rooted against them. And I know the Jets have done more than all of them combined to deserve that hatred. But I'd much rather have a Colts, Ravens, or Denver threada than one concerning the Jets
'
Greater Boston has 4 major sports teams and has had 10 titles since 2001. NYC, with about 10 times the population and 8 major sports teams has producted just 4. We are no longer in the position to need to feel like NY's little brother. Rather it's become the reverse. Those son's of *****es have been chasing us for close to 2 decades and it doesn't look like the domination is going to end anytime soon.

I know Joker would hate this, but does anyone else feel that beating on the Jets this year is kind of redundant and irrelevant. I don't know a single Jet fan who cares about the 2017 season. So for them, this season is going to be all about trolling Pats fans and waiting for the 2018 season to begin a 4 or 5 year rebuilding project.

So why are we allowing Jet fans to think that they even are a micro-speck on our radar. Now, I have been programed from birth to hate ALL NYC teams from birth. Even when the Giants were the NFL we got on TV I rooted against them. And I know the Jets have done more than all of them combined to deserve that hatred. But I'd much rather have a Colts, Ravens, or Denver threada than one concerning the Jets
'
Greater Boston has 4 major sports teams and has had 10 titles since 2001. NYC, with about 10 times the population and 8 major sports teams has producted just 4. We are no longer in the position to need to feel like NY's little brother. Rather it's become the reverse. Those son's of *****es have been chasing us for close to 2 decades and it doesn't look like the domination is going to end anytime soon.

If Hack is any good, you'll see a quick turnaround. Jet fans will be looking to win as much as possible.

Likely? No. But still some hope for the Jets Suck thread to be somewhat meaningful this year.

If Hack is any good, you'll see a quick turnaround. Jet fans will be looking to win as much as possible.

Likely? No. But still some hope for the Jets Suck thread to be somewhat meaningful this year.
Why do you assume Quackenbush will get meaningful playing time with McClown on the roster? Either way, your idea of a "quick turnaround" is moot considering the (non) supporting cast.

All anyone needs to know about the Jets is that a few years ago jetefans in this forum were talking about tanking to get Hackenberg and he would lead them to success. Now the JETES have Hackenberg and they are going to tank to get Darnold, who will lead them to success, and on and on and on it goes.........

Virgin meet volcano............,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand