PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets reportedly offering multiple first round picks for Rodgers.

Rodgers needs to GTF out of everyone's life. Raging narcissist.

The Jets aren't winning with any of those quarterbacks. Poor Davis Millis played with garbage but he's probably still a game manager type at best. Garoppolo has decent career stats but he is NOT going to stay healthy so hitching your wagon to him as a true franchise QB is a mistake. Carr lacks that extra gear and he's coming off a very disappointing season and has a low-ish ceiling.

Remember, the Jets like the Patriots play in the same division with Josh Allen and the Bills who are going to be very tough to overtake anytime soon. The Jets really would need at least an upper second tier QB to compete for the division.
Them beefing up their offensive line can buy extra time for game managers and make them look more good with the receivers they have . Their defense should also keep the scores low. They can build off on the 49ers template because their talent is so good. They should do fine with a game manager.

This is just the Jets being the Jets.

Go ahead. Keep the seats filled but dig yourselves in deeper for yet another five or six seasons of futility.

J-E-T-S: Jetes...Jetes...Jetes!!!

For a short while, perhaps, but they won't win a championship with him. He's about to turn 40 and is no Tom Brady.
Yep right there with you. But I guess what I don't want is another playoff contending team in the division during the final 2 or 3 years of Mac's rookie contract

Yep right there with you. But I guess what I don't want is another playoff contending team in the division during the final 2 or 3 years of Mac's rookie contract

The Pats just need to concern themselves with taking care of business in-house. The division will be stronger overall next season regardless, it wouldn't surprise me to see everyone going 3-3.

Jets 1st rounders aren’t as good as they’re used to be (mid rounders)

milana-vayntrub.jpg

All hail, Queen of the Rodgers threads.

If the NYJ pull this off they will instantly be a "pre season" playoff team. Combine Rodgers with Wilson. Moore and Davis at receiver, plus Hall carrying the ball and the offense will be much better than they were this season. Couple that with an at times stifling defense with Gardner, Williams, and a host of others....the Jets have the recipe to actually contend. Garrett Wilson will have 1500 and 10 TDs with Rodgers

Them beefing up their offensive line can buy extra time for game managers and make them look more good with the receivers they have . Their defense should also keep the scores low. They can build off on the 49ers template because their talent is so good. They should do fine with a game manager.
They possibly could develop Mike White into a fine game manager. It won't be good enough in a division with Allen and the Bills.

I'm not buying this "49ers template." Firstly they couldn't get it done with their previous game manager (Garoppolo) and Purdy has possibility two more opportunities to also wreck the template. Secondly there is no other team in the league who is as well balanced across all positions as the 49ers, so that aspect of their template is unmatched across the league. The Jets as the example here are not nearly as talented as the 49ers.

Not sure what his deal is with Mac. Takes every opportunity to bash the kid for some reason.
same with BB.

Multiple firsts for a 39 year old giant pain in the azz. I dunno man, seems like a Jete move.

Based on what, exactly?
Based on QB being their weakest position and Aaron Rodgers being an instant upgrade at it.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

ETA: When I say contender I mean contending for a playoff spot, which the Jets definitely would be doing with AR

Like many here I support this move: not only do the Jets part with possibly the best defensive piece they've had since Prime Revis as well as pieces to build for the future, but their inevitable failure to catch up to the class of the AFC, combined with the brutal scrutiny that any QB faces with the NY media, combined with A-Aron's thin-skinned egomania, would be a hysterical perfect storm to witness. By the end of his tenure, he'd surely look something like this.

Doesn't Rodgers have a no trade clause that he would have to waive?

If so, with regard to the prospect of him becoming a Jete, he would be...

IMMUNIZED.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back