PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets reportedly offering multiple first round picks for Rodgers.

As for the Bills, the Buffalo fans I know seem to understand that "Allen and the Bills" have fallen back to the pack when it comes to pretensions of playing until the end of January, let alone in February...now, many are questioning what they can sustain in November and December. IMO, the AFC is up for grabs.
Yeah that Cincy loss could have major repercussions when it comes to the AFC East.
Buffalo needed to at least get to the Superbowl. Instead they played meh at the end of the year and got dominated in the divisional round
They definitely can be had

Yeah that Cincy loss could have major repercussions when it comes to the AFC East.
Buffalo needed to at least get to the Superbowl. Instead they played meh at the end of the year and got dominated in the divisional round
Yeah...when a team is that unprepared for a game that important, I start by looking at Coaches and Captains. We'll never know how the distractions around the tragic events surrounding Damar Hamlin were handled, but any observer could see that the Bills were not ready on Sunday and that Cincinnati came out hot and motivated.
The NFL office, as usual, didn't help by giving the Bengals plenty of reason to have a chip on their shoulder by promoting tickets to an AFCCG at a "neutral site," an eventuality that assumed Buffalo was going to be playing on Sunday. But, coaches and captains are supposed to get their team ready to overcome that kind of distraction...when the League made its biggest mistakes, Brady and Belichick were always at their best.

The Jets-Rodgers speculation isn’t going to end anytime soon.

If this trade happens, it's gotta be with a post-June 1 designation or the Packers are going to get hit hard on the cap.
From Spotrac, the "Pre-6/1 Trade" numbers are:
2023 Dead Cap: $40,313,568 - 2023 Cap Savings: $-8,690,000
The "Post-6/1 Trade" numbers are:
2023 Dead Cap: $15,833,568 - 2024 Dead Cap: $24,480,000 - 2023 Cap Savings: $15,790,00

Here's my question... can the Jets trade their 1st rounder in this April's draft in a deal that will not be finalized until June 1st?

If this trade happens, it's gotta be with a post-June 1 designation or the Packers are going to get hit hard on the cap.
From Spotrac, the "Pre-6/1 Trade" numbers are:
2023 Dead Cap: $40,313,568 - 2023 Cap Savings: $-8,690,000
The "Post-6/1 Trade" numbers are:
2023 Dead Cap: $15,833,568 - 2024 Dead Cap: $24,480,000 - 2023 Cap Savings: $15,790,00

Here's my question... can the Jets trade their 1st rounder in this April's draft in a deal that will not be finalized until June 1st?
You know the NFL will not block Rodgers to the Jets
They will make sure is happens.

Love it. Rodgers has no passion for the game and is close to washed. Let the Jets waste this roster on him.
Two entities that deserve each other. Ultra care/no talent NYJ + ultra talent/no care Rodgers.

(Cue the “oh, but the NYJ HAVE sooooo much talent”…. Please. They finished with a losing record, tied with the worst NE team of the last 24 years)

Edit : they were 7-10 ?!? Wowza. Haha. BEHIND the putrid Patriots

When a team fails for as long as the Jets have, you have to look to ownership, the common element over any such extended period. One feature of Jets ownership is a need to grasp at shiny objects, thinking that if you grasp enough such glittery options, a winning team will magically emerge. I think taking on fading (but "intriguing'"?) weirdo Rodgers would fall into that category. You don't shop for a team, Woody: you build one.

I suspect even Rodgers, odd hallucinatory duck though he may be, will know enough to stay away.

It's too bad in a way. I think they have a decent HC for a change, but I doubt it will really matter.

Last edited:
The NY Jest is where QBs go to crash and burn, if rodgers goes there it will be the end of his career

Good move for Rogers and the Jets if it goes down. Jets defense is good and that RB was tearing up the NFL until he landed on IR.

Big drawback for Rodgers is living in New York state.

If they lose Edmunds and Poyer to FA due to salary cap restrictions, it will not be getting any better.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back