PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe: Pats in market for a WR and TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
OJ Howard please, feel like he could be very productive playing hear.

Falcons have a pretty stacked O, JJones, Hooper, C Ridley, Sanu and Freeman catching passes out of the backfield.

I guess Sanu would be okay, he was pretty funny in the SB
"We about to put 40 up on they ***" ahaha

I guess Sanu would be okay
I think that adding someone like Sanu to a group consisting of Edelman and Gordon would have the potential to change the passing game back into one of the best in the league.

I think that adding someone like Sanu to a group consisting of Edelman and Gordon would have the potential to change the passing game back into one of the best in the league.
Not sure where I’d rank them but I’d be happy with the addition for sure. You’d have Jules, Gordon, Sanu, Dorsett, Meyers and trickle Harry into the mix. Lot of guys that can help move the sticks, Crazy how 1 or 2 pieces can change things.

Serious question, looking towards usage/impact:

Sanu doesn't help with outside speed, and he's not a traditional Patriots slot. So how are you looking at Sanu to be a tipping point player? It is just the number of receivers, or do you have a specific approach in mind?

Sanu doesn't help with outside speed, and he's not a traditional Patriots slot. So how are you looking at Sanu to be a tipping point player? It is just the number of receivers, or do you have a specific approach in mind?
I’m looking at him as a potential upgrade to what is there now, but I’m also seeing him as an experienced, physical threat in the RZ. He’d be a decent addition as a possession receiver, but I think that he’s a decent blocking WR too, which is always important in NE.

This will be the 4th year in a row that he’s basically a 60+ catch guy (59 in 2016), and he has cap hits in the 7-8m dollar range for the next two years, which seems to be reasonable enough to me. Unless we’re counting on N’Keal Harry to replicate that type of production, I can’t really see how the team would do much better than Mohammad Sanu for a 2019 free agency addition, considering the available cap space.

Not sure where I’d rank them but I’d be happy with the addition for sure. You’d have Jules, Gordon, Sanu, Dorsett, Meyers and trickle Harry into the mix. Lot of guys that can help move the sticks, Crazy how 1 or 2 pieces can change things.
Yeah, right. “One of the best in the league,” might be pushing it a bit, but I think it would be a big improvement on what they currently have.

I suppose the concern is having to depend on guys like Meyers, Gunner, Dorsett, and even Harry, as well as the recent struggles in the passing game which are bound to catch up with them sooner or later.

I’m looking at him as a potential upgrade to what is there now, but I’m also seeing him as an experienced, physical threat in the RZ. He’d be a decent addition as a possession receiver, but I think that he’s a decent blocking WR too, which is always important in NE.

This will be the 4th year in a row that he’s basically a 60+ catch guy (59 in 2016), and he has cap hits in the 7-8m dollar range for the next two years, which seems to be reasonable enough to me. Unless we’re counting on N’Keal Harry to replicate that type of production, I can’t really see how the team would do much better than Mohammad Sanu for a 2019 free agency addition, considering the available cap space.
"Red Zone Threat"

Never had more than 5 TDs in a season over an 8-year career. James White's a bigger red zone threat.

Thank you for the answer.

Depth is good. It is what the Patriots have lacked recently at WR with all the injuries. They could use another reliable and accountable option for Brady. Sanu is not a speedster, but he is a very good route runner, has great hands and he can get open.

Post edit: I see that was already answered above and in better detail than mine!

Sanu and Edelman triple pass play?

Careful Supa, the AB corner cornered me the other day for even mentioning Bennett for Sanu. :D

Depth is good. It is what the Patriots have lacked recently at WR with all the injuries. They could use another reliable and accountable option for Brady. Sanu is not a speedster, but he is a very good route runner, has great hands and he can get open.

Post edit: I see that was already answered above and in better detail than mine!
He's Brandon LaFell who incidentally, did his job admirably.

This probably means we’ll trade for a CB

He's Brandon LaFell who incidentally, did his job admirably.

Or Malcolm Mitchell...or David Givens......

One consistent characteristic of Tom Brady that has been shown over two decades is that he thrives on spreading the ball around to multiple options - - he's not a bombs away to one or two spectacular pass catchers - - he is Bob Cousy/Nate Archibald.

We already have two possession wrs in gordon and maybe Meyers. Don’t know what harry is yet. They don’t need to add another 3rd in sanu. I think they will wait it out.

We already have two possession wrs in gordon and maybe Meyers. Don’t know what harry is yet. They don’t need to add another 3rd in sanu. I think they will wait it out.

Sanu is overrated give me A.J. Green.:cool:

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far...Sanu really doesn't give us anything more or even different than what a healthy pair of Gordon/Harry should give us, as NYCPATS4LIFE mentioned earlier.

Brady needs somebody more dynamic than Sanu...he needs another Deion Branch...somebody like...oh what's that dude's name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back