PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

J. Kraft: Jones told us to "take your medicine"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and no he didn't but that was his final option

It was, and is, the final option for ALL 3 (Brady, Kraft and Jones). To this point, none have done so. Why is Kraft the only one to be pillaged about that?

To this point, all Jones is doing is bloviating while his team does what it's been doing this century.

Hot air. Nothing but hot air. Results matter.

You are assuming the USSC would even hear the case. They very rarely take on collective bargaining cases.
I'm not assuming anything. I was saying that was Tom's only option

It was, and is, the final option for ALL 3 (Brady, Kraft and Jones). To this point, none have done so. Why is Kraft the only one to be pillaged about that?

To this point, all Jones is doing is bloviating while his team does what it's been doing this century.

Hot air. Nothing but hot air. Results matter.
The original question was why Tom gave up the fight

The original question was why Tom gave up the fight

Actually, what is the subject of this thread?

I see no one here upset at Brady for standing down.

Jones is not going to get anywhere either.

But Kraft - - oh yeah, HE'S the one who should have gone scorched earth?

Actually, what is the subject of this thread?

I see no one here upset at Brady for standing down.

Jones is not going to get anywhere either.

But Kraft - - oh yeah, HE'S the one who should have gone scorched earth?

You asked why Brady quit. I told you. You stated a different reason . That's it.

Our sub discussion had nothing to do with Kraft

You asked why Brady quit. I told you. You stated a different reason . That's it.

Our sub discussion had nothing to do with Kraft

No problem, RW. The thread title speaks for itself. I'm done with this semantic argument.

To keep the train running. He didn’t want to derail it. And in the end, from his perspective, he was probably right.

So are you saying they could have taken more than a two firsts and a fourth and suspend the GOAT for four games?

Not much worse than that.

I do understand what you're driving at but I think he needed to put up more than a whimper of a fight to make a point. What he did during Spygate did not prevent anything and what he did during Deflategate didn't prevent any future stupidity either.[/QUOTE]

It isn't the penalty, which was stiff in both cases for very minor infractions at worst. I'm saying he wanted to end the fight and continue the reign, which is what has happened. The Pats really haven't missed a beat.

The whole Jonathon Kraft & Bob Kraft schtick reminds me of the scene from Braveheart where Robert the Bruce is speaking to his father in the tower and the father states (para-phrased) "I'll support the King from our lands in the South and you support the Rebellion from our lands in the North..." Jonathon = Robert the Bruce and Robert = the Father. Its all about preserving their power, position and wealth by appearing to support both sides so regardless of which side wins, they win. Problem with good ole boy JJ, he is out there on his own so he is only on one side.

S
.....It isn't the penalty, which was stiff in both cases for very minor infractions at worst. I'm saying he wanted to end the fight and continue the reign, which is what has happened. The Pats really haven't missed a beat.

Exactly. Why step in the way of a good thing?

They are even better and more dominant the past few years than before.

Last edited:
It isn't the penalty, which was stiff in both cases for very minor infractions at worst. I'm saying he wanted to end the fight and continue the reign, which is what has happened. The Pats really haven't missed a beat.

Yeah I know what you meant. I think capitulation begets further capitulation and defending your team as much as reasonably possible, albeit in a losing battle, does a hell of a lot more good than a hug ever will.

Meanwhile Kraft humiliated Goodell in front of 120 million tv viewers for this moment for which he will be forever remembered:

So funny that this video gets the same "must watch on Youtube" treatment as highlights, etc.

No problem, RW. The thread title speaks for itself. I'm done with this semantic argument.

Ok but it wasnt really an argument

The whole Jonathon Kraft & Bob Kraft schtick reminds me of the scene from Braveheart where Robert the Bruce is speaking to his father in the tower and the father states (para-phrased) "I'll support the King from our lands in the South and you support the Rebellion from our lands in the North..." Jonathon = Robert the Bruce and Robert = the Father. Its all about preserving their power, position and wealth by appearing to support both sides so regardless of which side wins, they win. Problem with good ole boy JJ, he is out there on his own so he is only on one side.

Jerruh has a son as his #2 also.

Kraft - - oh yeah, HE'S the one who should have gone scorched earth?

Yes, I think many here tend to overestimate how much Earth there was to scorch.

Unlike Brady, Kraft had no union to argue on his behalf and no CBA that he could claim was violated. There was no labor case so there would not be a big draw for the dispute to be heard by any court. He had also signed papers (of questionable binding power, granted, since guys like Al Davis DID in fact sue the league) that gave a promise that he would not sue the league that he was a part of.

His appeal route was solely to Roger Goodell himself, to argue that proper procedures were not followed, and we know how that would have come out. Goodell and 31 owners were solidly against him. He knew a waste of time and money when he saw it and moved on, apparently with a wink and a nod that doing so might help Tom Brady, which was bogus.

He faced reality of an unfairness that was also uncorrectable by his available legal avenues. You can say he was a rube for buying that caving in would help Brady, but that is the most serious reason to find fault with him, IMO.

Last edited:
I think you are overestimating how much Earth there was to scorch.

Unlike Brady, Kraft had no union to argue on his behalf and no CBA that he could claim was violated. There was no labor case so there would not be a big draw for the dispute to be heard by any court. He had also signed papers (of questionable binding power, granted, since guys like Al Davis DID in fact sue the league) that gave a promise that he would not sue the league that he was a part of.

His appeal route was solely to Roger Goodell himself, to argue that proper procedures were not followed, and we know how that would have come out. Goodell and 31 owners were solidly against him. He knew a waste of time and money when he saw it and moved on, apparently with a wink and a nod that doing so might help Tom Brady, which was bogus.

He faced reality of an unfairness that was also uncorrectable by his available legal avenues. You can say he was a rube for buying that caving in would help Brady, but that is the most serious reason to find fault with him, IMO.

PPBF - did you see the ? at the end of my question?

I was making exactly that point.

Everybody is ok with Brady standing down and Jones eventually will too. But Kraft gets criticized.

sorry... I didn't read the whole thread, so I missed you point, shmessy. I edited accordingly...

RK faced the writing on the wall and sped up what was inevitable, and for that lots of people here (not you) ding him for it.

I do wish that somehow RK could hold his nose and climb on the movement to send Roger packing. I think he overestimates RG's value to his wallet.

sorry... I didn't read the whole thread, so I missed you point, shmessy. I edited accordingly...

RK faced the writing on the wall and sped up what was inevitable, and for that lots of people here (not you) ding him for it.

I do wish that somehow RK could hold his nose and climb on the movement to send Roger packing. I think he overestimates RG's value to his wallet.

Once again can anyone explain just what wallet benefit RG has been to the 32?
Kraft was the driver of the lucrative TV contract, (Bet the TV guys wish they had that one back now)
RG was so inept that Kraft had to intervene with Myra on her deathbed to get the CBA passed with the NFLPA.
Does anyone, including the 32, think that RG has handled recent issues, like player protests, well or proactively?
Just 2 years ago folks posted here articles about RG promising over $20 billion/ year revenue for 2020. Good luck with that.

This NFL "CEO" needs help at every turn to get a CEO's job done. Why do they keep paying him?

The only kind of reasons I can see for their otherwise inexplicable behavior is "tinfoil hat" stuff like RG has something financially damning on them such as emails, memos, etc. demonstrating that owners knew about CTE and directed him to suppress CTE evidence.
Something big that could hit them hard in the pocketbook, seriously impacting the value of their franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back