PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Incredibly early and not relevant 53 man roster

I'm fine with 6 CB's including STer Bethel.

With the Jones Triplets, Malcolm & Mills as the other 5?

(I have Shaun Wade at Free Safety as DMac's backup/successor)

Last edited:
I think an undrafted player makes the 53. Belichick goes out of his way to send out the message that hard work pays off.

My guess is the accomplished center with 60 career start who last played at Houston. Can’t remember his name.

Kody Russey? The dude's a slow midget... No Thanks... He makes Andrews look like Chasen Hines by comparison.

View attachment 43056
View attachment 43057

FWIW Russey benched 225 LBs 38 times

Andrews might be playing closer to 310 now; and he's as small a Center as I feel comfortable starting anyway... I'm also hoping that Chasen Hines remembers how to play the position during TC.

Too bad that Russey isn't a couple of inches taller & longer... But I've heard that one before... As long as one of him, Hines or Liam Shanahan kicks out Thanksdad Ferentz from the building for good, then I'm cool...

Andrews might be playing closer to 310 now; and he's as small a Center as I feel comfortable starting anyway... I'm also hoping that Chasen Hines remembers how to play the position during TC.

Too bad that Russey isn't a couple of inches taller & longer... But I've heard that one before... As long as one of him, Hines or Liam Shanahan kicks out Thanksdad Ferentz from the building for good, then I'm cool...
Yeah I know and I get it. Buy Andrews was a bit undersized as you said and it wasn’t much of a liability. Why can’t the same apply to Russey? While Andrews was more athletic and tactical…Russey has a lot more strength. I actually prefer C’s not to be tall so they can get under and keep leverage better.

With the Jones Triplets, Malcolm & Mills as the other 5?

(I have Shaun Wade at Free Safety as DMac's backup/successor)
Yes, I presume that Butler beats out Mitchell and Wade for the 5th CB spot.

With regard to safety, I'm fine with Wade on the PS with Bledsoe as a prospect.

However, the roster is full with McCourty, Phillips. Dugger and Peppers (plus top Ster Cody Davis)

QB (3) M.Jones, B.Hoyer, B.Zappe
RB (4) D.Harris, R.Stevenson, P.Strong, K.Harris
WR (5) D.Parker, K.Bourne, J.Meyers, N.Agholor, T.Thornton
TE (3) H.Henry, J.Smith, D.Asiasi
C (1) D.Andrews
G (2) M.Onwenu, C.Strange
T (3) I.Wynn, T.Brown, J. Herron
OL (2) A.Stueber G/T, C.Hines G/C

DE (2) D.Wise, L.Ray
DT (4) C.Barmore, L.Guy, D.Godchaux, S.Roberts
ILB(4) R.McMillan, J.Bentley, C.McGrone, M.Wilson
OLB(4) M.Judon, J.Uche, A.Jennings, R.Perkins
CB (6) Jo.Jones, J.Mills, M.Butler, T.Mitchell, M.Jones, Ja.Jones
SS (3) A.Phillips, K.Dugger, J.Peppers
FS (2) D.McCourty, S.Wade

ST (5) M.Slater, C.Davis, N.Folk, J.Bailey, J.Cardona

PUP- J. White

PS: J.Ferentz, K.Russey, D.Desjarlais, D.Keene, T.Nixon, Y.Cajuste, D.Hafford, D.King, D.Mitchell, J.Julien

Looks like they're done.

C (1) D.Andrews
G (2) M.Onwenu, C.Strange
T (3) I.Wynn, T.Brown, J. Herron
OL (2) A.Stueber G/T, C.Hines G/C
Reminder: per the CBA, a team loses a game day roster spot if they don't dress 8 OL (elevations count toward the 8).

Reminder: per the CBA, a team loses a game day roster spot if they don't dress 8 OL (elevations count toward the 8).
confused-no.gif

Kody Russey? The dude's a slow midget... No Thanks... He makes Andrews look like Chasen Hines by comparison.
More proof you just say things with zero fact checking.

Russey's 5.11 forty is "good" among offensive linemen, so was his 30" vertical leap, his 4.52 shuttle was "excellent," he was also one of the strongest guys in the entire draft class having benched it 38 times. Every measurable was better than David Andrews exiting college and he was 6 pounds heavier.

But don't let facts slow you down.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back