PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Official 2023 Patriots Roster Cutdown Thread (final roster in opening post)

All, starting this thread to discuss the impending trim down to the initial 53-man roster, which has a deadline of 4:00 PM Eastern tomorrow, Tuesday August 29th. Discussion on cuts which have occurred has been scattered across various threads so it seemed wise to try to get one central spot for things, as during the next 24 hours we will see the toughest cuts occur.

So far I am seeing the following transactions:

CUT:
Carl Davis
Diego ***ot
Brad Hawkins
Johnny Lumpkin
CJ Marable
Quandre Mosely
Rodney Randle
Justus Tavai
Micah Vanterpool
Scotty Washington
Carson Wells

TRADED:
Pierre Strong Jr

ACQUIRED (via trade):
Tyrone Wheatley Jr
Vederian Lowe

I believe this puts us around 78 players (if I am wrong on this count, please let me know), so 25 more cuts left to go. However, at least three of them (Trey Flowers, Cody Davis, Calvin Anderson) are on PUP or NFI, so they can be carried without being counted against the roster unless/until they are activated. Therefore, only around 22 cuts really need to happen. Additionally, there will undoubtedly be players placed on IR from the "final" 53 man roster so that they may return in-season, opening the door for some cut players to come right back again.

For news on players who are cut, please use this thread. If someone is acquired, or a major trade occurs, or a very unexpected cut happens, certainly a new thread can be made as well to focus on that topic.

Thanks all, the next day should be interesting!

------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Below is our "final" 53 after all cut-downs have been processed:

QB (1) M.Jones
RB (2) R.Stevenson, E.Elliott
WR (7) D.Parker, J.SmithSchuster, K.Bourne, T.Thornton, K.Boutte, P.Douglas, M.Slater
TE (2) H.Henry, M.Gesicki
C (2) D.Andrews, J.Andrews
G (3) M.Onwenu, C.Strange, A.Mafi
T (6) T.Brown, R.Reiff, C.Anderson, T.Wheatley, V.Lowe, S.Sow
DE (2) D.Wise, K.White
DT (5) C.Barmore, D.Godchaux, L.Guy, S.Roberts, D.Ekuale
ILB(5) J.Bentley, J.Tavai, M.Wilson, M.Mapu, C.Board
OLB(3) M.Judon, J.Uche, A.Jennings
CB (7) C.Gonzalez, Jo.Jones, M.Jones, Ja.Jones, M.Bryant, A.Speed, S.Wade
SS (2) K.Dugger, A.Phillips
FS (3) J.Peppers, J.Mills, B.Schooler
ST (3) C.Ryland, B.Baringer, J.Cardona
There is no such thing as a "Final 53 Man Roster" until after the last game of the season.

Every team gets to assemble a 77-man roster for opening day: 53 Active Players, 16 Practice Squad Players, 8 IR or Non-Football Reserve Players who can be called up under specific conditions. Focus on the 77.

There is no such thing as a "Final 53 Man Roster" until after the last game of the season.

Every team gets to assemble a 77-man roster for opening day: 53 Active Players, 16 Practice Squad Players, 8 IR or Non-Football Reserve Players who can be called up under specific conditions. Focus on the 77.
that’s why “final” is in quotes every time I used it…

HUH? You weren't paying attention.
Perkins was cut on 8/29 and signed to the PS on 8/30. It was announced on Twitter and on Patriots.com
i thought i read all PS players but did not notice the name perkins, ty

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back