PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Official 2023 Patriots Roster Cutdown Thread (final roster in opening post)

I am not an expert, I am not a scout but just seeing his frame, I questioned how he was going to handle hits to his small and frail looking frame. Now he is getting hurt laying out for throws. My question to those that selected him, what were they thinking? What did they think was going to happen seriously.

Go look at guys like Hill, Waddle, Devonte Smith and others. Thornton is actually built better than them..

Here we go @IcyPatriot

I don't understand why you would think Montgomery has earned a spot on the 53. I'd sooner give JJ the spot if you didn't like someone out there better.
Easy.

1. Because hes better than JJ and Strong
2. When healthy (which is this issue) has produced at an NFL level for many years- see proven
3. They need a 3rd down passing back RB
4. They need someone if Rham or Zeke go down

If there is someone better than Montgomery available i'd be happy to add him.

no word on perkins being cut and not on the roster what i've read so far

Did he magically disappear? Greenkeeper?

Easy.

2. When healthy (which is this issue) has produced at an NFL level for many years- see proven

He hasn't produced at an NFL level for more than 6 years and he's continuously been trending down.

He hasn't produced at an NFL level for more than 6 years and he's continuously been trending down.
Injuries will do that. Hopefully he’ll have a Dion Lewis season for us. Until then, who cares. He’s just on the PS.

Easy.

When has Montgomery produced? He’s been awful for years.

Injuries will do that. Hopefully he’ll have a Dion Lewis season for us. Until then, who cares. He’s just on the PS.
He’s stunk when he is healthy too.

JJ can’t pick up blitzes (well) or contribute on special teams coverage. Monty can.
Really? Montgomery CANNOT stay on the field and hasn't produced **** over the last few years. Is he a better returner than Marcus Jones? I don't THINK so. I think he COULD be a decent 3rd down back for us, WHEN he can prove he can stay on the field which he hasn't over the last 2 or 3 years he's been here. And it was reported that JJ has improved his pass protection as good as someone his size can be. Sure he's not ideal but he can do 2 of the three objectives (run and catch) fairly well in fact BETTER than Montgomery has shown, It would be up to the OC to create plays that would protect JJ from pass blocking that often. The kid WILL put his body on the line and actually BE on the field. just sayin'

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back