PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Official 2023 Patriots Roster Cutdown Thread (final roster in opening post)

great to hear MonTy and Harris are back at practice.
But, horrible time for Parker to be missing. One of the biggest potential landmines is if Parker and/or JuJu can even stay healthy.
The recent doubt about JuJu's knee is concerning considering he's been invisible in all of his reps in preseason games.

• Ugh
Reactions: PP2
TE not so much as one of the 344 OLs they have can play it but not having a RB or two on the 53 is.

I do anticipate the team adding at least one to the 53.

Thats kinda why the Montgomery cut was a bit surprising. He might be hurt and intend on bringing him back when healthy...?

Montgomery and Harris are at practice and new number 86 working out with TE. No idea who that is though.

But, horrible time for Parker to be missing. One of the biggest potential landmines is if Parker and/or JuJu can even stay healthy.
The recent doubt about JuJu's knee is concerning considering he's been invisible in all of his reps in preseason games.
Juju caught more passes than anyone in camp.

Where you seeing this?

Found this from Andrew Callahan:

Lots of time before who shows up is all that is important - Next Wednesday will be the moment of truth that will tell us who is on tap for the opener against the Eagles. Personally, I'd like to see a veteran QB behind Mac Jones who has a relationship with Bill O'Brien. I wonder about any conversations with the Texans about Case Keenum.

Last edited:
decent move for RT help if the new #86 is indeed ph brown

iu

No JJ? I heard he might be unwilling to come back to PS, and wants a chance somewhere else.

Three possibilities if Waitman is not put on the Patriots' practice squad.

1. Waitman is cut and is sitting at home when he's needed.

OR

2. Waitman is on another practice squad and is available when needed.

OR

3. Waitman is on another team's 53 -- which putting him on the Patriots' practice squad would have been no protection against.
Wouldn’t
4. having him on your practice squad practicing with the team
prior to being needed
Be the best option?

Lots of time before who shows up is all that important - Next Wednesday will be the moment of truth that will tell us who is on tap for the opener against the Eagles. Personally, I'd like to see a veteran QB behind Mac Jones who has a relationship with Bill O'Brien. I wonder about any conversations with the Texans about Case Keenum.
Thought I read BOB and Case are on salty terms.

TE not so much as one of the 344 OLs they have can play it but not having a RB or two on the 53 is.

I do anticipate the team adding at least one to the 53.

Thats kinda why the Montgomery cut was a bit surprising. He might be hurt and intend on bringing him back when healthy...?
You don’t bring Montgomery onto the 53 until after week one, so his salary doesn’t become guaranteed. Same for other vested vets they might be interested in signing eventually to the 53.

All cut players cleared waivers?

Excited about Pharoh Brown. More of a blocker, but can catch a few too. Good complement to Gesiki/Henry IMO
I think him and Wheatley will be back and forth as the 3rd TE but Wheatley can also play tackle which I would think gives him the edge to be active on game days.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back