PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins

Why would that be "fun"?

Hopefully, not as much fun as following the Hernandez situation after you wrote pretty much the same stuff as above over and over.

How much fun was that?
You mean when I kept saying I won't make a judgment until I know the facts?

Fun meaning it is fun to watch people make sweeping conclusions without having enough facts to do so, and then watching the real story come out.
That happened a lot in the Hernandez case, as there were many people adamant he was not guilty.
No so sure I'd call it fun, because I would have liked the facts to show he was innocent, but it was very interesting to watch the debate, if not the reality.

What are you not buying?

That they tracked down his handle and IP? You're saying that the people in finheaven (who erased his posts) are lying? There are actually NFL people talking to finheaven about this right now, according to these reports.
I don'tbuy that some guy on a message board found a post from sonmeone and has proven that it is Incognitos father.
You are certainly entitled to believe that, but I don't.

Fun meaning it is fun to watch people make sweeping conclusions without having enough facts to do so, and then watching the real story come out.
That happened a lot in the Hernandez case, as there were many people adamant he was not guilty.
No so sure I'd call it fun, because I would have liked the facts to show he was innocent, but it was very interesting to watch the debate, if not the reality.

Have you made your judgement on Aaron Hernandez yet? Keep in mind there is no murder weapon and no credible witnesses just some "circumstantial evidence."

What are you not buying?

That they tracked down his handle and IP? You're saying that the people in finheaven (who erased his posts) are lying? There are actually NFL people talking to finheaven about this right now, according to these reports.
Ya I think it's clear beyond any reasonable doubt that the Walrus guy at FinHaven outed Incognito's father and was 100% correct.

I don'tbuy that some guy on a message board found a post from sonmeone and has proven that it is Incognitos father.
You are certainly entitled to believe that, but I don't.

It was the administrator who did that. He has access to the IP addresses of posters. This is how administrators ban people.

Ya I think it's clear beyond any reasonable doubt that the Walrus guy at FinHaven outed Incognito's father and was 100% correct.

They not only tracked him down to posts he made on Nebraska's board many years ago, but they also found the same IP of his business (Sonoran something or other in Glendale, Arizona). Then his father started to systematically delete his posts.

I mean come on Andy.

It was the administrator who did that. He has access to the IP addresses of posters. This is how administrators ban people.
I don't care, I don't buy it. Its not impossible that its true, its just not much more reliable that many other rumors that prove to be wrong.

Have you made your judgement on Aaron Hernandez yet? Keep in mind there is no murder weapon and no credible witnesses just some "circumstantial evidence."
Of course I have. It is overwhelming, only an idiot would think Hernandez was not guilty.

And yet completely missed their meaning.

Not at all.
You are giving credence to the rumor that its his father by using it to argue that its proof of a poor upbringing.

If I said "If in fact you are a pedophile as I have heard, then you should be fired from your teaching job" it legitimizes a bs rumor.

Everyone loves the underdog
Everyone loves a winner
Everyone loves a (short-lived) dynasty

BUT.........

After the first couple of defenses, everyone hates a dynasty and wants to see it fall. They hate the greatness in that dynasty and want to see it crumble. They hate the pride of that dynasty and want to see it humbled.

THEN.......

When the dynasty crumbles and the team hits the skids, the cycle starts all over again.

Everyone loved the Patriots for the first few years, and Manning is forgiven because he's like the Atlanta Braves. He's always in contention, but he doesn't win enough when it matters, so he's not looked at as a threat and problem to overcome.

DI,

What an astute observation. Well Done.

After seing some of the texts last night, the Miami Dolphins suspended Incognito indefinitely.

Sure thing, Andy.....move along....nothing to see here.......

They not only tracked him down to posts he made on Nebraska's board many years ago, but they also found the same IP of his business (Sonoran something or other in Glendale, Arizona). Then his father started to systematically delete his posts.

I mean come on Andy.
This reminds me of how they discovered Rex Ryan was posting on an S&M personal boards. Too many coincidences to be just a coincidence.

Funny thing is that most boards - including I believe this one - have terms of service which forbid "outing" the real identity of users because that opens up a whole legal can of worms as well. If you say "SB39 loves to kick puppies" then I can't sue you (or PF.com) for slander because my identity has not been established. Legally speaking, there's no slander if no one knows who I am. But if you say "SB39, whose real name is Joey Jojo Junior Shabidoo from Springfield, Massachusetts, loves to kick puppes" then I've got a case on my hands.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to find some puppies to kick. :D

After seing some of the texts last night, the Miami Dolphins suspended Incognito indefinitely.

Sure thing, Andy.....move along....nothing to see here.......
We do not know yet. Is it that hard for you to understand?
My comment was that I was suprised by the certainty of guilt at the end of the thread when I read back and found no hard evidence.
Why is that observation so troubling to you?

We do not know yet. Is it that hard for you to understand?
My comment was that I was suprised by the certainty of guilt at the end of the thread when I read back and found no hard evidence.
Why is that observation so troubling to you?

The Miami Dolphins, who for the first 5 days of this story said there was nothing wrong, last night SUSPENDED Incognito INDEFINITELY after seeing the first of the correspondences he sent to Martin.

What the heck are you trying to argue with "We do not know yet?"

Last edited:
The Miami Dolphins, who for the first 5 days of this story said there was nothing wrong, last night SUSPENDED Incognito INDEFINITELY after seeing the first of the correspondences he sent to Martin.

What the heck are you trying to argue with "We do not know yet?"
Some people need absolute 100% proof positive, complete with a signed confession, before they'll believe something. I prefer to simply use the concept of reasonable doubt mixed in with a little bit of "where's there's smoke, there's fire."

And right now there is so much smoke coming out of Coral Gables, Florida, that you can see it in Foxboro. :D

FH is my favorite new forum. This is amazing.

Some people need absolute 100% proof positive, complete with a signed confession, before they'll believe something. I prefer to simply use the concept of reasonable doubt mixed in with a little bit of "where's there's smoke, there's fire."

And right now there is so much smoke coming out of Coral Gables, Florida, that you can see it in Foxboro. :D

I hear ya.

One would think that the Dolphins complete change of tune last night after seeing only a portion of the communications from Incognito to Martin would be a teeny weeny hint to Andy Johnson that Incognito is in big trouble here. "Evidently" not.

In 2013, a corporation like the Miami Dolphins does not publicly suspend a player during a highly charged national story like this without cause and with no legal fear of unrightfully inpuning someone's name.

Andy, don't ask people here to define the word "is", please.

Incognito is in it. We just don't know how far.

Last edited:
Not at all.
You are giving credence to the rumor that its his father by using it to argue that its proof of a poor upbringing.

If I said "If in fact you are a pedophile as I have heard, then you should be fired from your teaching job" it legitimizes a bs rumor.

Firstly, I made no attempt to offer proof of anything, I referenced a starting point. Secondly, I did nothing to give credence to the rumour, I merely speculated off the back of what others were asserting (and I don't buy your equivalency at all) and thirdly, I wasn't being entirely serious anyway.

Any speculations on repurcussions to Incognito and the Dolphins if it's as bad as it sounds? Dolphins should lose a first round pick :singing: and Richie should be suspended for the season and there should be some major fines involved.

This reminds me of how they discovered Rex Ryan was posting on an S&M personal boards. Too many coincidences to be just a coincidence.

Funny thing is that most boards - including I believe this one - have terms of service which forbid "outing" the real identity of users because that opens up a whole legal can of worms as well. If you say "SB39 loves to kick puppies" then I can't sue you (or PF.com) for slander because my identity has not been established. Legally speaking, there's no slander if no one knows who I am. But if you say "SB39, whose real name is Joey Jojo Junior Shabidoo from Springfield, Massachusetts, loves to kick puppes" then I've got a case on my hands.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to find some puppies to kick. :D

I don't care about the puppies. Your parents called you Joey Jojo Jnr Shabidoo. haha.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back