PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins

Incognito told Schefter to "#bringit". With those tweets, Schefter brung it big time. I suspect Incognito will struggle to get back into the NFL now.

Hey AndyJohnson, care to explain those texts? Still think he's innocent?

I have Andy on ignore but, from what I've seen from people quoting him, it looks like he's simply witholding judgment until all the facts are present and not just tweets and speculation. There's nothing wrong with that.

Where did I deny anything?
I said:

1) At the point I read the thread back to front there was much conclusion and condemnation and little fact
2) I don't believe the quote is from his father just because some guy on the internet says so
3) I will wait to see the facts, such as what was actually said and done
4) I have no clue whether he is guilty or not, because we do not know the facts and I do not proclaim him guilty because he was suspended. I will think for myself and assess the facts when they come to light.

Since when is that denial?

It's denial when you mischaracterize things.

The administrator at that site gave a rundown of how he tracked information by that poster to the same IP as Incognito's father's business. All the other stuff could have been made up (how the poster signed up to the service a while back with Incognito's father's birthday, how the poster was signed up a decade ago and revealed that he grew up in Jersey and lived in Glendale, Arizona; etc.) All the administrator did is show how the posts connect to Incognito's business. And then the post made by that poster started disappearing.

Incognito told Schefter to "#bringit". With those tweets, Schefter brung it big time. I suspect Incognito will struggle to get back into the NFL now.

If those tweets are accurate and reflect what was really on the voicemails, he should never play another down in the NFL again. I'd still like to hear them and read all of the texts for myself, though.

You don't mess with (the 5 foot 3 inch) Adam Schefter or he will bring the hammer.

Although I think Incognito can "get out of" this one voicemail citing alcohol, a bad day etc.. I assume there is much more evidence and as such I'm sure his career is over, especially since he's old anyway.

It's denial when you mischaracterize things.

The administrator at that site gave a rundown of how he tracked information by that poster to the same IP as Incognito's father's business. All the other stuff could have been made up (how the poster signed up to the service a while back with Incognito's father's birthday, how the poster was signed up a decade ago and revealed that he grew up in Jersey and lived in Glendale, Arizona; etc.) All the administrator did is show how the posts connect to Incognito's business. And then the post made by that poster started disappearing.

I think it's apparent that the poster in question there was Incognito's father. It's actually surprisingly easy to track an IP number over the internet. Couple that with the paper trail of old posts on top of the post's disappearing once the poster was outed, and the newer posts, and you have a clear cut case.

Wow, nice find.

I highly recommend anybody reading this thread take the time to read that column.
Those of us reading this thread already read everything in that column 9 pages ago. :D :D

Ahh I see now. Damn I've been watching Schefter tweets all day and missed these!

I love how Martin saved a voicemail from April. Well played.

Martin went to Stanford, this is right up his alley.

My question is what about the other Miami veteran offensive linemen? Why didn't they, either individually or collectively, pull Incognito aside privately and say that this behavior was over the line and counter productive?

Well, My guess is that, even if they did, Incognito would tell them to go **** themselves.

What is mind-blowing is that he was supposedly a Team Captain. You can't tell me that the coaches didn't know this was going on. Which makes this even worse..

from what i am reading, sounds like incognito was the ringleader of a locker room gone bad.....

much of this has been talked about: Report: Miami Dolphins' Bullying Not Limited To Jonathan Martin [UPDATE]

if all of this is true, head coach & GM should be gone, too.....sounds like a culture/locker room that is completely self-serving and out of control.....there's a reason why they under achieve, because there is no sense of team

I love how these athletes just incriminate themselves. The Miami Herald posted a tweet from Miami DT Jared Odrick from Nov 1:

BYCkNR0IMAAeDP6.jpg

"Everything tastes better when rookies pay for it pic.twitter.com/KGaisEfap2"

Well, My guess is that, even if they did, Incognito would tell them to go **** themselves.

What is mind-blowing is that he was supposedly a Team Captain. You can't tell me that the coaches didn't know this was going on. Which makes this even worse..

this WAS the culture in Miami - bleed the rookies dry, treat them like ****, vets live high on the hog.......Incognito was the leader of a locker room gone bad.....

heads are going to roll on this one if Stephen Ross has a pair......coach, GM.....they all had to know

Incognito is such a piece of **** excuse for a human being.

I think Philbin gets a one-year suspension.

Who'd have thought that the Jacksonville Jaguars will most likely come out of the season as the most functional team in Florida.

From bruschi's chat

Jacob (Bethlehem, Pa.)

Tedy, I was surprised to see what was going on in Miami with a starting OL to leave the team allegedly due to hazing. Obviously we're used to seeing rookie haircuts and similar things for first-year players, but how much of this really goes on? Have you seen something similar, and how would it be handled in New England?
Tedy (12:27 PM)

Here's an example of how it was handled when things got out of hand for us. When I was a rookie, I was asked to take the entire LB group to dinner. It cost me $1,700. As it got up to my 8th and 9th year, it turned into an entire team dinner and all the rookies paying for the dinner. That bill sometimes reached upwards of $30,000. Word got out that it was getting out of hand. I remember one captains meeting when Bill Belichick said 'That's enough of that. It's getting out of hand, guy.' Joe Philbin should have been all over this.
Also heard on radio today that Scott Pioli said he never wanted incognito on any of his teams.Didnt like the guy.

OK here's my theory.... (key word: THEORY)

The Dolphins seemingly have a culture of exploiting the rookies to a ridiculous extreme. I'm not talking just a night out on the town during training camp... we're seeing allegations that Martin forked over $15k to send them all to Vegas.

Incognito was the primary enforcer of this rule, delivering threats and insults towards those who didn't exactly willingly go along. As we have learned, those insults crossed a pretty serious line, but the rest of the locker room didn't get upset at Incognito since he was acting on their behalf since they gained from the free meals and trips.

So that may explain why many of the African-American players didn't really care when Incognito sent racial messages to Martin. They just wanted their free stuff.

Incognito has always been a punk, no surprise at all...

Great leadership by the once proud Dolphins, they let this stuff happen.

We may not be the ones to throw stones about leadership and player behavior.

If you think it's fine for a veteran headcase to relentlessly torment a rookie and be a racist *******, then I guess that's fine. But giving a free pass to stuff like that is exactly how you end up with a broken locker room and a coach who has no authority and no buy-in from his players, which is the situation that the Dolphins find themselves in.

The Dolphins made the right move here. Incognito is a sociopath on a good day, and is probably a straight-up psychopath. As long as he's taking that out exclusively on the opponent, you can live with it, but he's poisoned every locker room he's ever been in. Whatever meager contributions he makes on the field are dramatically outweighed by his baggage off of it. Plus, doing this might be a good first step is introducing that locker room to the idea that there's some actual accountability here, which never hurts an organization.

I have no idea why you are arguing with me.

I didn't take a position in my post about whether I agreed with what was happening or not. My post is simply an observation.

I actually agree with you entirely.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back