PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins

Thanks for the link. Sure could be a case of "my Dad always told me ......" But, it sure looks as though Richie picked on the wrong guy to get that message across too.

Defensive PR 101: Always paint the aggressor as a "victim"

I think it's safe to say this goes well beyond the typically accepted rookie hazing. I'll be surprised if MUCH worse doesn't get released publicly soon.

That story is from 2012 but, yeah. Cue the Dr. Phil appearance.

I read this thread back to front, and based on the comments at the end expected to see very damning facts and evidence, and it turns out the conclusions that are hanging Incognito are all built off of speculation.
Very interesting. This should be fun to follow.

Some of my family (no immediate) are Dolphins fans and I have a good amount of friends that are too. Almost all of them put at least a portion of the blame for Miami's struggles on South Beach and being too caught up in that lifestyle. That said, it doesn't seem to affect the Heat or the Hurricanes, so I think it's just an excuse.

This is Incognito's father:
original.png

Some of my family (no immediate) are Dolphins fans and I have a good amount of friends that are too. Almost all of them put at least a portion of the blame for Miami's struggles on South Beach and being too caught up in that lifestyle. That said, it doesn't seem to affect the Heat or the Hurricanes, so I think it's just an excuse.

Does it bother anyone that the reason all this funny money is swimming around the league, and the reason why tickets are now out of the reach of middle class families (who cheer on their teams in the cold), is largely because of a business entertainment expense deduction? Why are taxpayers funding all this stuff? So that people can pee money away like this? Get rid of the tax breaks, and the ticket prices will come down.

We don't know that it is.

This is Incognito's father:
original.png

Some serious white trash right there. Sounds like a lot of baseless and unfounded claims. He is right, though, about the way the organization is run. The Dolphins are a joke from the front office on down.

Does it bother anyone that the reason all this funny money is swimming around the league, and the reason why tickets are now out of the reach of middle class families (who cheer on their teams in the cold), is largely because of a business entertainment expense deduction? Why are taxpayers funding all this stuff? So that people can pee money away like this? Get rid of the tax breaks, and the ticket prices will come down.
Ticket prices are based on what people are willing to pay.
Ticket prices won't come down if you increase the tax obligation of the teams.

hmm... interesting poltical comment. so you're saying when the offensive lineman blow $30K on dinner it's tax deductible somehow?

Can't believe Odrick and that other rookie tweeted about the $30K dinner. Philbin definitely should have stepped in at that point.

Thanks to the guy that posted from the Phins forum. Martin's family is well educated and he went to Stanford. I'm not buying that he's a drug addict. I predict this will end badly for the Phins and Incognito.

Quote Stephen A. Smith:

"When I spoke to some people who will remain nameless, here at our very workplace, I hear the story is going to be much deeper. I even had somebody mention to me that this will put the whole Riley Cooper story to shame. It's that bad. In terms of the text messages that were sent from Incognito to Martin. Apparently there's a paper trail, a technological trail, call it whatever you want. And I'm hearing that it's about to blow up. And you know what leads me to adopt that belief even moreso Skip, Eric, Carrie? Do you remember the initial statement that was issued by the Miami Dolphins? I mean, if it isn't tacit, it's just flat out flagrant denial. 'We don't have a problem here.' And then all of a sudden they learned about the reports that were coming out and suddenly Incognito's been suspended indefinitely.

"I have been told that this will make the Riley Cooper fiasco earlier this season look like a sidebar once we see or find out the details of what was in those text messages from Richie Incognito to Jonathan Martin ... I'm not speculating, I'm quoting you what someone, a former player in the NFL who is aware, told me. He said 'This is going to blow the whole Riley Cooper thing out of the water if those text messages are ever revealed as to what was said to Martin.'"

That's pretty much exactly what I felt. When I heard about Miami's 180 degree turnaround, I was like: oh wow, there's something to this. :D

I'm going to wait until we have the facts.

Sigh; ok then. Take all the fun out of it! ;)

We do need the Dolphins to remain effective enough as a team to beat the Jets one time this season.

hmm... interesting poltical comment. so you're saying when the offensive lineman blow $30K on dinner it's tax deductible somehow?

Can't believe Odrick and that other rookie tweeted about the $30K dinner. Philbin definitely should have stepped in at that point.

Thanks to the guy that posted from the Phins forum. Martin's family is well educated and he went to Stanford. I'm not buying that he's a drug addict. I predict this will end badly for the Phins and Incognito.
Children of educated parents who go to good colleges have drug problems also.

Wait, are you implying that kids with good upbringings that go to prestigious schools can't have drug problems?

I read this thread back to front, and based on the comments at the end expected to see very damning facts and evidence, and it turns out the conclusions that are hanging Incognito are all built off of speculation.
Very interesting. This should be fun to follow.

As others have said, the smoking gun for me is how the Dolphins shifted in the course of hours from blandly saying that they have no knowledge of any problems to an immediate suspension and asking the league to take over the "investigation."

Wow. The apple sure didn't fall far from the tree in this case, did it???

Wait, are you implying that kids with good upbringings that go to prestigious schools can't have drug problems?

Well, I suppose I was. I guess what I'm actually saying is that Martin's background and history is a whole helluva a lot better than Incognito's and therefore, without having all the details, Martin's side of the story is looking much better. When you add to the mix all the statements and insinuations from the media such as Tom Jackson, Schefter and SAS...where there is smoke there is fire.

I personally can't wait for the hammer to come down on Incognito.

As others have said, the smoking gun for me is how the Dolphins shifted in the course of hours from blandly saying that they have no knowledge of any problems to an immediate suspension and asking the league to take over the "investigation."

Sure, but if you read back to front, you would expect some ironclad guilt based on the certainty of the comments that Igcognito is the devil and Martin is a saint.
That certainly may be true, but I was just commenting on my observation that people appear to be jumping to conclusions quickly.

No, I'm talking about luxury boxes and tickets, food at the games being tax deductible if you are on "business" with an expense account. This is badly abused. Many with friends/family working for a decent sized company in a pro sports or college city/town has access to game tickets (food and drink), and you know how it works. Everyone gets a free party.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back