PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins

Well, I suppose I was. I guess what I'm actually saying is that Martin's background and history is a whole helluva a lot better than Incognito's and therefore, without having all the details, Martin's side of the story is looking much better. When you add to the mix all the statements and insinuations from the media such as Tom Jackson, Schefter and SAS...where there is smoke there is fire.

I personally can't wait for the hammer to come down on Incognito.
I don't even think we need to go into the players' pre-football backgrounds. From what we already know about Incognito based on his actions inside the lines, I find it very easy to believe he's an ******* outside the lines as well.

Well, I suppose I was. I guess what I'm actually saying is that Martin's background and history is a whole helluva a lot better than Incognito's and therefore, without having all the details, Martin's side of the story is looking much better. When you add to the mix all the statements and insinuations from the media such as Tom Jackson, Schefter and SAS...where there is smoke there is fire.

What is wrong with Incognito's background?
You are seriously concluding that Martin is right and Incognito is wrong (which probably is mostly true) because Incognitio is from NJ and Martin went to Stanford?

Some serious white trash right there. Sounds like a lot of baseless and unfounded claims. He is right, though, about the way the organization is run. The Dolphins are a joke from the front office on down.

I'm sure I speak for the rest of the nation when I say I can't wait for the big Dolphins-Bucs Monday Night Showcase next week.

There are a lot of kids that come from outstanding upbringings and go to prestigious schools that have had drug problems. More money = more access to the drugs and in larger quantities. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Martin could have had an issue with drugs. But, right now, it's all just baseless speculation until proof is present. The same goes for the accusations against Incognito. People, as a whole, have a bad habit of making definitive statements about situations like this without having any facts or proof present.

What is wrong with Incognito's background?
You are seriously concluding that Martin is right and Incognito is wrong (which probably is mostly true) because Incognitio is from NJ and Martin went to Stanford?
You answered your own question there, buddy. :D

Sure, but if you read back to front, you would expect some ironclad guilt based on the certainty of the comments that Igcognito is the devil and Martin is a saint.
That certainly may be true, but I was just commenting on my observation that people appear to be jumping to conclusions quickly.

There aren't any iron clad details about Aaron Hernandez either....

Incognito's dad may be a racist- I don't know, and Incognito probably is a giant a-hole but I'm still waiting to hear some evidence to excuse running off on your team.

And frankly, I'm not sure there is any evidence that will excuse quitting. Even if we presume some racial taunting... Well Jackie Robinson didn't quit, and neither did a whole lot of other players who had it far worse. And Martin could have simply gone to one of the coaches, there are certainly more options nowadays then ever before.

You have to deal with adversity in life, and you have to deal with it like an adult.

Well if that really is Incognito's father quoted above, I'd say there's a good starting place.

Do you realize that you have now doubled down on the silly 'upbringing' comments by associating comments to his father that there is no shred of proof came from him?

Incognito's dad may be a racist- I don't know, and Incognito probably is a giant a-hole but I'm still waiting to hear some evidence to excuse running off on your team.

And frankly, I'm not sure there is any evidence that will excuse quitting. Even if we presume some racial taunting... Well Jackie Robinson didn't quit, and neither did a whole lot of other players who had it far worse. And Martin could have simply gone to one of the coaches, there are certainly more options nowadays then ever before.

You have to deal with adversity in life, and you have to deal with it like an adult.

Like I said, I need to see the texts before I believe the racial stuff. It just sounds like a easy, tried, and proven way to ease his way back into a tense situation, like the opinion of whatever locker room he will be going back into when he decides to continue his career.

Do you realize that you have now doubled down on the silly 'upbringing' comments by associating comments to his father that there is no shred of proof came from him?

Do you realise you completely ignored the first five words of my post?

They absolutely came from him. Read the entire thread.
They traced his idea and IP all the way back to him and his business.

The Dolphins did a 180 in 48 hours from saying there wasn't a problem to suspending Incognito reportedly because they saw evidence of what was going on. All media reports are virtually saying the same thing. Incognito is going down.

They (the dolphhins) went over the transcripts of one voicemail last night, and made the determination to suspend Richie Incognito immediately,” Schefter said, adding: “Richie Incognito is on the Dolphins’ leadership council. … It’s unbelievable to think that he wielded his powers the way that he did.”
It Is What It Is » Adam Schefter on D&C: Dolphins OL Jonathan Martin ?felt threatened, he felt harassed? by teammate Richie Incognito

They absolutely came from him. Read the entire thread.
They traced his idea and IP all the way back to him and his business.
I don't buy that.

The Dolphins did a 180 in 48 hours from saying there wasn't a problem to suspending Incognito reportedly because they saw evidence of what was going on. All media reports are virtually saying the same thing. Incognito is going down.
Ya this is what I feel too. The Dolphins went from being pretty belligerent and, if anything, blaming Martin to a complete turnaround. They've immediately - and indefinitely - suspended Incognito.

We already know Incognito is among the dirtiest players in the NFL.

I don't buy that.

What are you not buying?

That they tracked down his handle and IP? You're saying that the people in finheaven (who erased his posts) are lying? There are actually NFL people talking to finheaven about this right now, according to these reports.

I read this thread back to front, and based on the comments at the end expected to see very damning facts and evidence, and it turns out the conclusions that are hanging Incognito are all built off of speculation.
Very interesting. This should be fun to follow.

Why would that be "fun"?

Hopefully, not as much fun as following the Hernandez situation after you wrote pretty much the same stuff as above over and over.

How much fun was that?

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes