PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If OBJ is released by the Browns and is unclaimed, do you want him in NE on the cheap? (Update: Signed by Rams)

Yeah they need to avoid the Rams or the Saints. They're the worst matchups for them
Nah they don’t need to avoid the Saints with their issues at QB.

Nah they don’t need to avoid the Saints with their issues at QB.
Payton always outcoaches Arians, the defense gives Brady fits, and they always always commit penalties vs the Saints. Even in the playoffs last year they needed Brees to have his worst game ever and a Jared Cook fumble to win

Again, that doesn’t mean anything. I shouldn’t have to tell you this. The Colts had yet to beat the first dynasty Pats in the playoffs - until they did. And Stafford is no prime Peyton Manning.

I didn’t say the Rams were guaranteed to beat them. I just said they have an en edge in my opinion. And Brady has lost to Eli, Foles, and Tannehill in the playoffs before.

The Rams get the two biggest prizes that were available...OBJ who will help them immensely on offense to go along with Jefferson and Kupp. On defense, they get Von Miller to already add to a formidable unit. As long as they get consistent QB play from Stafford, they are going to win the SB. Didn't think the Rams were even in the running and they swoop in at the last minute. It's a much better choice than GB for him.
Not much different from the squad that couldn’t get it done last week.

I didn’t say the Rams were guaranteed to beat them. I just said they have an en edge in my opinion. And Brady has lost to Eli, Foles, and Tannehill in the playoffs.
Brady’s team’s defenses lost to those quarterbacks. But if you want to put it like that, he’s also beaten the Greatest Show on Turf, McNabb in his prime, Wilson and the Legion of Boom in their primes, Ryan, the 2018 Rams, and Mahomes.

In any event, I’m not sure they have the edge if both teams are healthy. Their only corner of any real value is Ramsey who would be nullified because the Rams would have to lean heavily on zone. Donald is a beast, but Miller is a shadow of his former self. Stafford always finds a way to puke all over himself.

Not much different from the squad that couldn’t get it done last week.

considering that von Miller and Beckham haven’t even dressed for the Rams, that would be a big no

Jalen Hurd anyone?

Can always make another run at him in March.

The Rams are a good choice. They have a really good QB and even though they currently aren't the top team in the standings, they actually might be the best team in the league.

Rams still won't win it all....Super Teams never do.

They announce it, then they delete it, then they announce it. Just ONE example of the madness that comes with that player. Glad he’s not in NE.

Rams going for SB or bust route.

NFC is really loaded compared to the AFC. Rams look really good.

Would be funny as hell if an unproven Patriots team made up of a lot of young guys and a few older vets that nobody believed in got on a hot streak after a tough start to their season and ended up knocking the Rams off in the title game. What a wild story that would be! That could never happen, though.

They announce it, then they delete it, then they announce it. Just ONE example of the madness that comes with that player. Glad he’s not in NE.
The Rams are the New York Yankees of the NFL.

They are already at $203m for 2022 cap. They must have added a 2nd year for OBJ as they only had $2.5m for 2021 to use.

All in for the Rams as mentioned allready...

Would be funny as hell if an unproven Patriots team made up of a lot of young guys and a few older vets that nobody believed in got on a hot streak after a tough start to their season and ended up knocking the Rams off in the title game. What a wild story that would be! That could never happen, though.
Never say never ;)

How can the Rams afford all these players? I agree with most posters, Rams are going to be difficult to beat...

Payton always outcoaches Arians, the defense gives Brady fits, and they always always commit penalties vs the Saints. Even in the playoffs last year they needed Brees to have his worst game ever and a Jared Cook fumble to win
A lot of good points especially the coaching advantage. My argument is even with mismatch in coaching you gotta have the players and I don’t think the Saints have the horses to make up for it. Plus highly likely any playoff game would be in Tampa.

OBJ- Holt
Woods- Bruce
Cupp- Prohl
Stafford- Warner
Floyd-Little
McVay-Martz

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back