PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If OBJ is released by the Browns and is unclaimed, do you want him in NE on the cheap? (Update: Signed by Rams)

Palm Beach Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The Browns sent him home, I read, after his Dad posted a tape of all of the plays OBJ was "open" and yet was ignored by Baker Mayfield.

His release is a possibility. Claiming him on waivers would require 8M in cap space-- no way for NE and probably no way for anybody.

But if unclaimed, would you be interested in the Diva coming to NE, on a "prove it" deal?

No. We’ve had WRs who’ve been talented but so unpredictable that they cause more problems….

No, I wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole

The Saints supposedly reached out before the trade deadline but either couldn’t agree on trade value, didn't think OBJ would renegotiate from his $14M for each of the next two years, or both.

Why New Orleans? He went to LSU and their fans would be more likely to accept him than most. Jameis going down though may make it less appealing.

Of course all of this is ASSUMING that he will get released, which is no sure thing.

I think we need to find a way to score more points. We are getting better but we need to be over 28ppg.

He had a nice year in 2019.

I'm not sure hes a gamebreaker/gamechanger anymore. Too many dings and dents.

Needs to dial back his narcissism and accept hes trying to save his career.

I dunno....If it's a 1yr el cheapo deal?

If hes being doochy or unproductive cut him.

Last edited:
Apparently the Browns coach told his players OBJ is not with the team anymore. Not sure what the exact words were but I find that a bit weird. Lets not forget though that this guy pays chicks to fly coast to coast to take a dump on his face. Do we really want that in the locker room?

The Browns sent him home, I read, after his Dad posted a tape of all of the plays OBJ was "open" and yet was ignored by Baker Mayfield.

His release is a possibility. Claiming him on waivers would require 8M in cap space-- no way for NE and probably no way for anybody.

But if unclaimed, would you be interested in the Diva coming to NE, on a "prove it" deal?
- Plays cheap, incentive laden deal
- contract rider for whatever the "conduct unbecoming" clause is for pops. No stupid dad tricks.
- No professional poopers in locker room, what he does on his own time is his business
- Unless he drops the ball. Then he spends the week in the locker room so we know professionals aren't involved, and it will be all Ernie Adams. After Chipotle.

In a heartbeat.

There is no question he is talented.

There is no question he could be productive.

There is no question WR is still a position of need.

Its a no-brainer, if the price is right.

Yep….but someone else would pick him up before us!

He won’t go to NE. He’s going to a serious contender.

GB should be calling.

KC should be calling.

Baltimore wouldn’t shock me because they always sign guys you didn’t see coming.

Buffalo.

Rams.

Apparently the Browns coach told his players OBJ is not with the team anymore. Not sure what the exact words were but I find that a bit weird. Lets not forget though that this guy pays chicks to fly coast to coast to take a dump on his face. Do we really want that in the locker room?
Wait, what? Fecal humor is kind of a thing of mine. What is this about him being shat upon?

He won’t be claimed on waivers. And no way do the Pats sign him. It isn’t 2016 anymore. OBJ hasn’t been good in years.

I am always for signing reclamation projects given that we are prepared to quickly cut ties if it doesn't work out.....

Hard NO to picking him off the WW with his massive salary and probably a hard NO to resigning him in the off-season if he comes here for cheap.

He won’t be claimed on waivers. And no way do the Pats sign him. It isn’t 2016 anymore. OBJ hasn’t been good in years.
2018 & 2019 he cleared 1k yds receiving. Missed most of 2020 to injury, and 2021 looks like he’s disinterested/fazed out. On a prove it type deal with a very short leash, Id be cool with it. There’s a lot of strong leadership in that locker room. Slowly work him in. Could pay big dividends back end of this and all of next year. If he’s wanting big money, hard pass. Don’t think he’d want to come here now that Brady is gone anyways.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back