PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Elway is smarter than I think he is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafoe2016

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
He will sign Blount. That team desperately needs a back and Blount can be had for cheap. This is a team that could be a nightmare matchup for the Pats if they solve the QB and RB issues. Same for Houston if they get a QB. Imagine a focused Blount intent on ripping the Pats in a playoff game. You know he's mad right now. He has to be. After 1200 yards and 18 TDs they won't sign him (even though he probably offered to take a hometown discount) but they go out and give 6 million to two JAGS. I guarantee you he feels disrespected and wants revenge on the Pats. It would be compelling football.

He will sign Blount. That team desperately needs a back and Blount can be had for cheap. This is a team that could be a nightmare matchup for the Pats if they solve the QB and RB issues. Same for Houston if they get a QB. Imagine a focused Blount intent on ripping the Pats in a playoff game. You know he's mad right now. He has to be. After 1200 yards and 18 TDs they won't sign him (even though he probably offered to take a hometown discount) but they go out and give 6 million to two JAGS. I guarantee you he feels disrespected and wants revenge on the Pats. It would be compelling football.

tenor.gif

I would take my chances facing Blount in a playoff game. I've seen how that works out.

Not sure he fits their run scheme to be honest. There has been some smoke around the Giants or he waits until TC and see who gets injured,

I like Blount, I appreciate everything he did for us here. He ran hard, he was a good teammate, and while he wasn't THE reason, he definitely contributed to two Super Bowl teams.

That said, if there's one thing that Belichick is incredibly good at, it's shutting down one-dimensional players when it matters. Blount is not a versatile back. I'm not worried about what he will do to us. If we lose a game to whatever team he signs with, it will be for reasons other than Blount.

I don't know if they desperately need a back. CJ Anderson should be back and healthy.

What they desperately need is an offensive line.

Wow! Brilliant counterargument. I'm clearly dealing with a true intellectual here.

A picture is worth a thousand words, and gifs have around 30 frames.

That's a 30,000 word reply that perfectly sums up how he feels, and honestly reflects my sentiments on your idea, without have to read.

I think the broncos draft Joe Mixon if he's around.

I don't know if they desperately need a back. CJ Anderson should be back and healthy.

CJ Anderson has gained a lot of weight over the past few months. He's going to have to drop a few.

Offensive lines are typically more important than who your running back is anyways.

Aside from tearing up the Colts, has Blount's playoff record been all that impressive?

I can't forget that's SB fumble

Yes please. I'd love for Denver to have no running attack again this season for their game against the Pats. Hopefully NE can improve on that 3 points allowed from last season and shut them out this time.

I would take my chances facing Blount in a playoff game. I've seen how that works out.

Luckily for Blount, going to Denver would mean that he wouldn't have to deal with another embarrassing playoff performance, because that team won't be playing in January.

The Broncos are in need of RB depth. They've got their starter.

A backup RB isn't going to make for compelling football.

Denver a dumpster fire next season

I'm actually looking forward to further decline for the mile high football squad this season. They lucked into a Super Bowl because the Pats were injured/coughed home field up.

Wow! Brilliant counterargument. I'm clearly dealing with a true intellectual here.

Don't expect much, he had pass rush melt down over Chandler and Jamie and probably threw in the towel somewhere on the boards early in the Super Bowl.

It has to be questioned if this guy is a Patriots fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes