PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanks LeGarrette Blount for the Good times

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is some impressive excuse-making. Like.
Excuse making nothing. If you use any stat in complete ignorance of a player's role it will give you a distorted impression. YPC is no different. Me pointing out the huge hole in the YPC argument is not an excuse. It's facts you don't want to face because it might make you actually have to think. There's a difference.

Blount is arguably my 2nd favorite Pats RB of the Brady era behind Faulk. Could have easily been passed by Woodhead if he were still here though lol

Antowain Smith is mine. Another RB we got from Buffalo.

With NYG and DET reportedly still interested, BAL seems to be another option for LGB (less favourable for pats fans id guess..)

• Jamison Hensley suggests signing free agent RB LeGarrette Blount as a way for the Ravens to run their old-school offseason.
  • Hensley points out that the Ravens likely wouldn’t sign him or anyone that could impact their compensatory picks until after May 9.

Blount signs with the Eagles. Good luck to you and thank you.. I'll always be rooting from afar.

Maybe it's my own perception but many of the Eagles deals r for only 1 year i.e. Jeffries

Best of luck to Blount. If I were him I would do the same thing and maximize every dollar. Loved the way he played here... he was underrated by many. Beyond that, though, the guy was a great fit for the locker room and always went above and beyond in his enthusiasm for the Patriots.

Good luck Mr. Blount, except when you play us.

He is what he is, an antowain smith / bjge caliber back who filled in nicely as the lead rb on the cheap at a position that doesnt require above average talent for us. Appreciate what he did but there is a reason 2 rbs completely unproven as lead guys were offered more money to take his job when he was sitting there for us. Also wont be the first time bb was perfectly fine with him walking without a 3m per year offer (i believe the last time he was well under 30 and the steelers got him for 2/4m or something crazy cheap as well ). Its not a knock on him at all, again i salute him for his contribution here, but that is the reality of his value.

Oh, if you honestly think hed have made any difference in 2015, you may need to review his playoff game log against anyone other than indy...and consider hes going against denver

Much better than Law Firm

If I'm reading the Over the Cap chart right, Blount's signing frees up Chris Long's signing to take the last Comp Pick 7th round slot.

But doesn't that mean if one more comp eligible guy from a comp eligible team signs for more than what Long got, we'll lose that pick? Or is the window closed?

good for Blount.

I dont know how much work hes going to get in philly, but im glad hes got a chance to make more then the minimum he would have gotten here.

upload_2017-4-24_21-41-7-png.16937
Seeing Blount break into the secondary outside the numbers is one of my all-time favorite plays to see. So exciting to see such a strong dude in open grass, gaining full momentum, making would-be secondary tacklers question their life decisions in real time.

It's not at all a given, for two reasons:

(1) Incentives don't count toward the formula.
(2) The #33 UFA (i.e., the first one who DOESN'T earn a comp pick) has a contract at around $2M/year.

It's reported his contract maxes out at around $2.8M. If it's incentive-laden, then the Pats don't get a pick. If it's mostly salary, then they could.

If I'm reading the Over the Cap chart right, Blount's signing frees up Chris Long's signing to take the last Comp Pick 7th round slot.

But doesn't that mean if one more comp eligible guy from a comp eligible team signs for more than what Long got, we'll lose that pick? Or is the window closed?
I believe that window is now closed as Blount was the only player to be tendered

I'm not sure that the chart is correct. They don't have Blount's new contract up, so the Pats are currently at 5 lost, 3 gained, for a net of 2. So Long shouldn't be up there, but somehow he is. (The cancellation chart is correct.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore