Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The beginning of the season was up in the air. Most fans hoped for a 2-2 start which would give Brady a chance to get the team into the playoffs and hopefully HFA. JG got hurt during his second game and Brissette injured his thumb during the third. The whole team stepped it up and gutted its way to a 3-1 record to start the season. LeGarrette Blount did his part running almost 300 yards and getting 4 TD's during the first three games.

BTW: Posting this thread because some seem to forget that LG was valuable member of this team.

Thanks for a 1161 yard 18 TD season en route to a Super Bowl Championship.

upload_2017-4-24_20-47-25.png

Thanks for being one of the sparks and backbones for the team during Brady's "vacation".

Starting the season at 3-1 was such a boost to the team and the fans and a notice for the rest of the league.
("With Brady gone the Jets may win the division") Remember that BS?

Week 1 : Nice little 8 yard drag the Ariz D into the End zone TD to put the Pats up 17-7 in the third.
This was huge. My son and I jumped all over the living room yelling "F yeah".
(My son is ten so his F= freaking and my F = well you know)
upload_2017-4-24_20-51-38.png

Week 2: JG is injured. Who do we lean on to burn the clock and seal the win?

Yep. Blount jumped at the opportunity. 29 carries for 123 yards.
upload_2017-4-24_20-59-42.png

Week 3: Rookie QB. Texans Defense. No Problem.

Hold my beer while I rip off a 29 yard game icing TD. If I ain't carrying them, I'm out running them.
upload_2017-4-24_21-13-13.png

On top of the 3-1 start to the season Blount provided us with some nice gems throughout the season.

Week 7 vs Steelers: 24 carries for 127 yards and a couple of nice break out runs.

The Steelers have a Bell and we have a Blount but it was Squealers who were getting smoked.

upload_2017-4-24_21-41-7.png

AFCCG vs Steelers: This was a ball busting run that just added to the ass ripping night.

Jordan Jordan = Hogan down the seam.

Bulldozer bulldozer = Blount carrying 7 Steelers to the goalline. (He's in the pile somewhere)
upload_2017-4-24_22-8-57.png

Not sure who was happier when White scored the winning SB TD. White or Blount. Great Teammate.
upload_2017-4-24_22-15-44.png

Thanks LeGarrette and wish you nothing but the best. It was fun watching you.
upload_2017-4-24_22-17-6.png

Who knows. He may still be Patriot come next year. :D

Even if you didn't like him, you gotta appreciate his contribution to the team over the years. Blount always gave it all and I think Pats are the only team where he really felt at home. Hope he finds a good landing spot.

He's still coming back
It would have to be on a cheap deal where he's here to compete in TC, much like the suggestion with WR Floyd.

Injuries happen, of course, but we can safely assume that Gilleslee (4m) and Burkhead (3.15m) aren't going anywhere, and White was just extended. Devlin is a huge piece as a FB and the team wasn't the same without him in '15. That leaves Lewis, Foster, and ST ace Bolden, and it's a pretty safe bet that at least one of them makes it.

Yep. I hope he gets a really fat contract somewhere.
If by "really fat contract" you mean 2m dollars or less, then it's certainly a possibility, but considering the fact that he's hardly gained any interest whatsoever along with the fact that a guy like Marshawn Lynch is reportedly only receiving an offer of around 3m, it's probably pretty unlikely.

He did a really good job here and for very little money. He deserves to be paid more. I hope someone gives it to him. But no, it won't be with the Patriots.

Great Patriot and invaluable in his time here. Thanks indeed!

The beginning of the season was up in the air. Most fans hoped for a 2-2 start which would give Brady a chance to get the team into the playoffs and hopefully HFA. JG got hurt during his second game and Brissette injured his thumb during the third. The whole team stepped it up and gutted its way to a 3-1 record to start the season. LeGarrette Blount did his part running almost 300 yards and getting 4 TD's during the first three games.

BTW: Posting this thread because some seem to forget that LG was valuable member of this team.

Thanks for a 1161 yard 18 TD season en route to a Super Bowl Championship.

View attachment 16931

Thanks for being one of the sparks and backbones for the team during Brady's "vacation".

Starting the season at 3-1 was such a boost to the team and the fans and a notice for the rest of the league.
("With Brady gone the Jets may win the division") Remember that BS?

Week 1 : Nice little 8 yard drag the Ariz D into the End zone TD to put the Pats up 17-7 in the third.
This was huge. My son and I jumped all over the living room yelling "F yeah".
(My son is ten so his F= freaking and my F = well you know)
View attachment 16933

Week 2: JG is injured. Who do we lean on to burn the clock and seal the win?

Yep. Blount jumped at the opportunity. 29 carries for 123 yards.
View attachment 16935

Week 3: Rookie QB. Texans Defense. No Problem.

Hold my beer while I rip off a 29 yard game icing TD. If I ain't carrying them, I'm out running them.
View attachment 16936

On top of the 3-1 start to the season Blount provided us with some nice gems throughout the season.

Week 7 vs Steelers: 24 carries for 127 yards and a couple of nice break out runs.

The Steelers have a Bell and we have a Blount but it was Squealers who were getting smoked.

View attachment 16937

AFCCG vs Steelers: This was a ball busting run that just added to the ass ripping night.

Jordan Jordan = Hogan down the seam.

Bulldozer bulldozer = Blount carrying 7 Steelers to the goalline. (He's in the pile somewhere)
View attachment 16938

Not sure who was happier when White scored the winning SB TD. White or Blount. Great Teammate.
View attachment 16939

Thanks LeGarrette and wish you nothing but the best. It was fun watching you.
View attachment 16940

Who knows. He may still be Patriot come next year. :D

I doubt he will be back but I appreciate what he did for this team.

Not my favorite runner. What's the point of being big if you don't hit the line with any speed and your pad level is too high? He was a beast once he got going though.

LG was better than I expected and I appreciate his ferocity on the field.. he was a beast.

Blount is arguably my 2nd favorite Pats RB of the Brady era behind Faulk. Could have easily been passed by Woodhead if he were still here though lol

From 2013 to 2016 the NEP paid LG $3.5m TOTAL.

Over the 49 games with the team he totalled 2917 yards rushing and 35 TDs scored.

As NEP he was paid $1,200 for every yard earned and $100,000 for every TD he scored.

That is big time Moneyball right there.

Blount's 1161 yards were 62 % of the total rushing offense. He had 18 of the 19 rushing TD's.

Can anyone guess who had the other rushing TD?

Here were the other contributors to the rushing totals.

(Slater clocks in with a 5 ypa average :))
upload_2017-4-25_7-45-8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back