PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanks LeGarrette Blount for the Good times

Status
Not open for further replies.
He definitely showed up last year in shape and with a positive attitude starting from training camp. He came through when called on, paid off Win-Win for us all.

He is one of the better RBs over a Patriots career. It's also best for the team that they part ways now.

Sam Cunningham
Jim Nance
Kevin Faulk
Curtis Martin
Corey Dillon
Tony Collins

Blount is in the mix with Don Calhoun, Antowain Smith and Larry Garron for the rest of the top ten running backs in franchise history.

Yes, Blount does not deserve to be denigrated on his way out of Foxboro.

But as @Elijah points out, it is also best for both parties to move on now.

Sam Cunningham
Jim Nance
Kevin Faulk
Curtis Martin
Corey Dillon
Tony Collins

Blount is in the mix with Don Calhoun, Antowain Smith and Larry Garron for the rest of the top ten running backs in franchise history.

Yes, Blount does not deserve to be denigrated on his way out of Foxboro.

But as @Elijah points out, it is also best for both parties to move on now.

That's a good list, and some damned good company for Blount to be in. He's a real Patriot in my eyes...one of the good guys.

A shot of youth into the Pats backfield should prove fruitful.......can't wait !

Like I said before LGB is a poor man's Jon Stephens... Except LGB played with a much better offense.

It would have to be on a cheap deal where he's here to compete in TC, much like the suggestion with WR Floyd.

Injuries happen, of course, but we can safely assume that Gilleslee (4m) and Burkhead (3.15m) aren't going anywhere, and White was just extended. Devlin is a huge piece as a FB and the team wasn't the same without him in '15. That leaves Lewis, Foster, and ST ace Bolden, and it's a pretty safe bet that at least one of them makes it.
When Lewis was healthy in 2015 he was an absolute beast. He was the featured player in the offense. He isn't going anywhere.

I don't see what we have to be thankful for, given that his stats were accumulated against weak opposition when the OL was opening up enormous running lanes for him, that literally anyone could have run through. Not to mention that threat of a passing game led by the greatest QB of all time. I could have put up at least 1500 yards and 25 TDs last season in his situation.

Why should I thank or respect someone who I could have easily outperformed? I think I put up more rushing yards on my way to the bathroom to take a **** last night than Blount has in his entire career in the postseason.

Last edited:
Blount over Dillon?

Not the 2004 Dillon.

But YES against the 2005 and 2006 Dillon.

Over 3 seasons comparison in a Pats uni, I'd take the Blount 3 over the Dillon 3.

I don't see what we have to be thankful for, given that his stats were accumulated against weak opposition when the OL was opening up enormous running lanes for him, that literally anyone could have run through. Not to mention that threat of a passing game eld by the greatest QB of all time. I could have put up at least 1500 yards and 25 TDs last season in his situation.

His best 4 game run was the first four, which given the circumstances was the most critical portion of the regular season.

Given what I bolded of your ridiculous post, you have an extremely high opinion of Garropollo and Brissett.

Last edited:
Same here. Watched a lot of Gillislee gameday film and he is definitely faster or more explosive. He is more of an outside RB but can adequately run up the middle. He runs with his shoulders low and gets to the line of scrimmage quick, finds a gap and explodes through it. I think his explosiveness is where he excels. If it's man on man he generally loses in tight spaces but if there's any room to squeeze through he wins. A great example of that is during the @Bills game. Hightower caught him straight on and knocked his ass backwards but later in the game Gillislee ran through Collins for a TD. The difference between the Hightower and Collins run was the amount of space he had to find an angle or leverage to use against the LB.

So he won't be able to replace Blount's size but he will still be able to get the short yardage because he is much more explosive at the line of scrimmage. imo.

Hard to compare a slasher like Gillislee to a bruiser/slasher like Blount.

Different kind of RB - and notice how it was followed by one of those "1 Yd TD's" that FourierSeries so often derides him with.

His best 4 game run was the first four.

You have an extremely high opinion of Garropollo and Brissett.

I think that had more to do with the competition, which I believe I covered. Miami had one of the worst run defenses in the league all season long. Arizona's run defense improved towards the end, but was a sieve at the beginning of the year. Houston was his most, and likely his only, impressive game of the year, given who the starting QB was and the opponent. Kudos to him on that single game.

I don't see what we have to be thankful for, given that his stats were accumulated against weak opposition when the OL was opening up enormous running lanes for him, that literally anyone could have run through. Not to mention that threat of a passing game led by the greatest QB of all time. I could have put up at least 1500 yards and 25 TDs last season in his situation.

Why should I thank or respect someone who I could have easily outperformed? I think I put up more rushing yards on my way to the bathroom to take a **** last night than Blount has in his entire career in the postseason.

You either have a 470 yard long hallway or you keep forgetting where the bathroom is. Did you drop 8 TurD's as well?

upload_2017-4-26_10-27-57.png

I think that had more to do with the competition, which I believe I covered. Miami had one of the worst run defenses in the league all season long. Arizona's run defense improved towards the end, but was a sieve at the beginning of the year. Houston was his most, and likely his only, impressive game of the year, given who the starting QB was and the opponent. Kudos to him on that single game.

OK, you are simply trolling now.

Last post you credited it to having "the greatest QB of all time".

Now you are claiming it was because of the poor competition, when 2 of the 4 games were against teams that made the playoffs this year.

You slinging stuff against the wall and it doesn't have enough to stick.

What's next, barometric pressure was off the days/nights of those games?

You either have a 470 yard long hallway or you keep forgetting where the bathroom is. Did you drop 8 TurD's as well?

View attachment 16951

When you put it like that, it really outlines just how useless he's been in the postseason, considering that 300 of those yards and 7 of those TDs have come against Indy - a team that Gray (Jonas Gray, who has literally not done a single thing in this league other than pound Indy) put up 200 on in a single game.

Hard to compare a slasher like Gillislee to a bruiser/slasher like Blount.

Different kind of RB - and notice how it was followed by one of those "1 Yd TD's" that FourierSeries so often derides him with.

Also notice Butler's reaction after that power run. He was pumped up. That's another attribute Blount delivered. He had the ability to pump up the whole team which was huge during those first four weeks. That power run in week one to put the Pats up 17-7 pumped up the whole team. They fed off of each other. Good stuff.

OK, you are simply trolling now.

Last post you credited it to having "the greatets QB of all time".

Now you are claiming it was becuase of the poor competition, when 2 of the 4 games were against teams that made the playoffs this year.

You slinging stuff against the wall and it doesn't have enough to stick.

Poor competition and the greatest QB of all time is what i said. It's right there for you to read.

Miami had the 30th ranked run defense. They made the playoffs, but accumulating rushing yards against them was not a problem for anyone last season.

Credit to him on the first game against Houston. Yet as the Houston defense improved, and NE played them in the postseason, he had a quiet game, to the surprise of absolutely no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft