PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LeGarrette Blount

Status
Not open for further replies.

willard

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I know the Patriots have a lot of cash still and I hope they sign LeGarrette, but I would not be surprised if he is not on the Patriots next year.

Butler should take a look at what Blount has made throughout his career. Donald Brown was given a bigger signing bonus last year. Blount has been an impactful player for us for years, but has received very little in the way of compensation relative to other long time NFL players. Part of that is as an UDFA with a history that then stunk it up in Pittsburgh. Lot of it has to do with the low value for running backs in today's NFL.

I think it is highly likely the Patriots plan to draft at least 1 210+ pound RB in the draft.

Burkhead's salary eats up a lot of what the Patriots want to devote to the position.

A lot has been made about Butler being a perfect Patriot and I agree with all that. The man is a helluva competitor. I also feel LeGarrette has been that type of competitor for the Patriots and an excellent contributor to the "TEAM".

We went with Allen at TE over Bennett because above all else Bill knows football is a game of physical attrition. Bennett sacrificed his body to help us win a SB title last year. Bill knows this and quite likely he will never be the same player again. Similarly, Blount has sacrificed his body and probably will not be the same again.

I hope Blount is back with us and he gets a good paycheck for his services. Football however is the most cold of the sports and there is no one more cold then BB in moving on from a player who does not make the team better now and in the future at their slotted wage scale, impact on the team.

He still supposedly has an offer on the table from the Pats.
Gotta believe Green Bay, and Oakland would have some interest.

I agree.

I think LG is seeing if the $ is a big difference and if not he will return.

BB loves his big, hammer RBs and he loves Blount.

This would be 2003 Antowain Smith all over again.

I know the Patriots have a lot of cash still and I hope they sign LeGarrette, but I would not be surprised if he is not on the Patriots next year.

Butler should take a look at what Blount has made throughout his career. Donald Brown was given a bigger signing bonus last year. Blount has been an impactful player for us for years, but has received very little in the way of compensation relative to other long time NFL players. Part of that is as an UDFA with a history that then stunk it up in Pittsburgh. Lot of it has to do with the low value for running backs in today's NFL.

I think it is highly likely the Patriots plan to draft at least 1 210+ pound RB in the draft.

Burkhead's salary eats up a lot of what the Patriots want to devote to the position.

A lot has been made about Butler being a perfect Patriot and I agree with all that. The man is a helluva competitor. I also feel LeGarrette has been that type of competitor for the Patriots and an excellent contributor to the "TEAM".

We went with Allen at TE over Bennett because above all else Bill knows football is a game of physical attrition. Bennett sacrificed his body to help us win a SB title last year. Bill knows this and quite likely he will never be the same player again. Similarly, Blount has sacrificed his body and probably will not be the same again.

I hope Blount is back with us and he gets a good paycheck for his services. Football however is the most cold of the sports and there is no one more cold then BB in moving on from a player who does not make the team better now and in the future at their slotted wage scale, impact on the team.
I hope he signs for the minimum. That gives us a competitive advantage.

Love LG and hope we keep him for another year at least. Has been a great locker room guy for us, but maybe not the hardest worker? Not sure, it would just be great if he could bust his ass this offseason, come back in the best shape of his career, and totally justify keeping him, even just to be a rotational guy.

He had 18 TD's, nearly 1200 yards and made $1 million last year and appears to have no problem being part of a running back committee

he is literally the perfect player for our needs

3.9 ypc (below league average), coming off his only ever 300 carry season, and will be 31 next year.

Yeah, I can get that guy in the draft in the late-rounds, keep him under cost control for 4 years.

James Conner - Pitt - 5th round, for example. I don't need the 31 year old running on bald tires.

With Latavius Murray and Eddie Lacy signing with new teams and Darren McFadden re-signing with the Cowboys, here is a list of veteran free agents currently available. There are not many worthwhile options other than Blount (or the draft).

• LeGarrette Blount, 30, Patriots
  • Brandon Bolden, 27, Patriots
  • Stevan Ridley, 28, Falcons
  • Christine Michael, 27, Packers
  • Adrian Peterson, 32, Vikings
  • James Starks, 31, Packers
  • Jamaal Charles, 30, Chiefs
  • Tim Hightower, 31, Saints
  • DeAngelo Williams, 34, Steelers
  • Shaun Draughn, 29, 49ers
  • Chris Johnson, 31, Cardinals
  • Bobby Rainey, 29, Giants
  • Matt Asiata, 29, Vikings
  • Ronnie Hillman, 25, Chargers
  • Knile Davis, 25, Chiefs
  • Toby Gerhart, 29, Jaguars
  • Reggie Bush, 32, Bills
  • Khiry Robinson, 27, Jets
  • Jordan Todman, 27, Colts
  • Justin Forsett, 31, Broncos
  • Kenjon Barber. 27, Eagles
  • Denard Robinson, 26, Jaguars
  • Jonathan Grimes, 27, Texans
  • DuJuan Harris, 28, 49ers
  • Zac Stacy, 26, Jets
  • Stepfan Taylor, 26, Cardinals
  • Chase Reynolds, 29, Rams
  • Cedric Peerman, 30, Bengals
  • Rashad Jennings, 32, Giants
  • Karlos Williams, 24, Steelers

Hmm, I'd take Knile Davis. Strong kid. 31 bench reps at the Combine. 225 lbs of violence. Do it!

On Blount no Thanks need a RB to take pressure off 40yr old Brady...LGB = Toast!

Blount is what he is, which is good in a time when a lot of guys aren't what they are, which is bad and uhhh...

Sorry. I lost my train of thought.

So, Blount is my kind of guy. ok?

The thing is there is really no need to make any decisions on Blunt before the draft. It is very likely he is going to still be there with the same offer on the table. Right now the RB's seem to be getting in the $3MM/ yr range. It makes no sense for him to take much less at this time. Just as it makes no sense for the Pats to push to sign him.

A lot has been made about Butler being a perfect Patriot and I agree with all that.
Butler is not married and therefore not perfect

I want him back for sentimental reasons, would be cool to see a guy who unlikely ended up on our team become part of the 3x ring club.

That said, I'm having disturbing flashbacks of BB/Josh refusing to stop giving him the ball in the SB for 2.5 quarters....

Rather get someone with a higher ceiling, we all know what Blount is at this point in his career and what his playoff performances are going to be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back