PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many teams are really that good in the NFL right now?

Reminds me of 2015. To me that was the weakest season of the past 5 of memory.

The NFL is nothing like it was in 70's 80's or 90's So many great teams back then, so many great QB's back before all the stupid rule changes.None of today's teams could match up to the best of yesteryear.Winning a SB meant so much more back then, you were truly the best of the best, now you're just better than most of the average league.
I think this is a misconception. You are talking about pre salary cap, and even pre Free Agency. Also injuries were not nearly as prevalent. Teams stayed near the top longer because once you were good, you kept your players, and the bad teams couldn't get better.
Now, aside from the Patriots, the top teams change, and that makes it appear the best teams aren't as good, only because they don't stay good for long.
Teams in the 70s, 80s and 90s were just as flawed as teams now, but the bad teams couldn't improve to gain on them like they can now.

Reminds me of 2015. To me that was the weakest season of the past 5 of memory.
Even then you had a 15 win and a 13 win team in the NFC.

There's only 1-3 teams I can see even getting to 12 wins at this point.

A good question in trending. Is the KC defense trending in the opposite direction of the Patriots and if so, what is its ramifications on the season - discuss.
KC has flaws. Their run D was a problem last year too. Their defense is built like Polians Colts, live or die with the pass rush, and hope you get a lead to take the run out of play.
Last night you saw what happens when Alex Smith is playing from behind.
Things broke right for them at the start of the season, but that is in no way a 14-2 team. I see 11-5 give or take a game thats a surprise either way. They ha e 3 challenging games in a row coming off a home loss. At Oakland Thursday. Then Denver. I'm not high on Denver, but they do matchup well with the Chiefs. (I think every AFCW teams gets at least 2 division losses). Then they go to Dallas, and could be reeling by then, but it gets easier because of no Zeke.

I honestly have no idea how the next 4 weeks will shake out in terms of which teams are going to get their **** together and which are going to come crashing down to reality. Thought the Chiefs were the only complete team in the league but now? No idea.

I honestly could see our team ending up a 10-6 WC or 12-4 with HFA. I have no ****ing clue.

Their defense is built like Polians Colts, live or die with the pass rush, and hope you get a lead to take the run out of play.

Agree...I think they thought Poe was a majority of their run D flaw. Berry could well be their Bob Sanders too.

Even then you had a 15 win and a 13 win team in the NFC.

There's only 1-3 teams I can see even getting to 12 wins at this point.

True. 2015 had barely a few good teams and the rest were trash. What was it, like 3 teams were undefeated by the 9th week? That reeks of a weak league with little to no parity.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back