PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell: "I understand the public misunderstanding of those things and how that can be difficult for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point, Roger. Man, the NFL should really hire someone to be the public face of the league whose job includes clarifying this stuff, explaining and applying the rules in a consistent way, and building credibility with the public. Maybe he could be called a 'commissioner' or something.

I thought this quote was a joke, because no one is that stupid. How the NFL's PR department allows Roger to speak unassisted is beyond me.

Will someone please fire the guy already?

As a clue, dear owners, Goodell can't even appear at the Draft without getting booed. Humiliating and inexcusable, to get booed by the most hard-core fans of the sport. Is there any precedent, in any major sport? And imagining him congratulating the Patriots after their next SB win, standing on the podium with SB MVP Tom Brady... almost unthinkable.

Damaged good, beyond repair.

But I don't even know if the owners acknowledge that there's a problem. The must be worried about the TV ratings. To what extent do they even connect the dots to growing hatred of, and disgust with, NFL Management?

So, imagine Condalisa Rice in this job, long rumored. She could hardly screw it up any worse than Rog has. And, as a woman and a minority, her choice would actually be quite suitable to some of the PR screwups the NFL has had. She brings a different voice to the Domestic Violence issues. Enforcement from the hands of a former Secretary of State has a different feel than enforcement from the clown. Her voice regarding the "kneeling to the anthem" meme would be impactful.

I just have a hard time imagining a bunch of wealthy white men choosing a black woman to be their mouthpiece and arbitrator. Maybe if they believe it will put the league back on the right track with the fans and public perception... save their cash cow...

Sorry. I don't follow NFL football to be bombarded by domestic violence issues...or any of the other patronizing NFL attempts to influence people's thoughts.This is NOT the NFL I've known my whole life. This is the Sub-moronsEatingShytAndTryingToSellItAsSteak league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back