PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell extended for five years :(

Crap, Why does the main board look like this to me???
upload_2017-12-6_18-36-49.png

Sisyphus.gif~c200

Last edited:
Boooooo

I'm sure he's good at some aspects of the job (right?) but there surely has to be someone better.

So much for Jerry Jones the unstoppable machine who was going to stop Goodell getting paid

...and Kraft continues to endorse him.

It's like a Jewish person continuing to endorse the Nazi Party...Sadly in fact, a lot of them stayed in Germany, buying the diatribe in the 30's that the displacement, rape and murder of Jews was overplayed or fake news.

Kraft decided to adopt Roger when Tagliabue sent Goodell here to "help" secure a stadium deal and keep the Boston media market; so Goodell made lots of phone calls and you know how much Bob loves phone calls...

Anyway, Kraft can't see himself as ever being wrong. He has much more in common with Billy Sullivan than he would ever want. Sullivan drove Fairbanks out of town just like Kraft drove Parcells out. Of course, it's all worked out, because he hired BB.
drew-bledsoe-smiles-at-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-at-the-end-of-a-picture-id148002254

Kraft also said Bledsoe has a chance to be remembered in Boston like Ted Williams, Bill Russell and Larry Bird, each having played his entire career in the city.

``I remember feeling sad when Bobby Orr left,'' Kraft said of the NHL Hall of Famer who left Boston for Chicago near the end of his career. ``I saw this as an opportunity to sign one of the great Patriots for the rest of his career.''

I can understand how fans in Chi-Town may not rank Bobby on their all-time list, just like Allen Iverson likely wouldn't rank among the top Memphis Grizzlies ever.

But taking into account a player's entire career, college & pro, plus their ability to lead their teams to victory...using this criteria, there is no way I could rank Drew higher than eighth among all time Patriots quarterbacks.

Put it this way: He was drafted #1, paid a ton of money, and given the starting job with no competition (until 2001 when he pouted).

Do that for Parilli, Kapp, Dowling, Plunkett, Grogan, Flutie, or Brady...with that defense in that environment, and each one would outperform Bledsoe and win more.

Last edited:

But taking into account a player's entire career, college & pro, plus their ability to lead their teams to victory...using this criteria, there is no way I could rank Drew higher than eighth among all time Patriots quarterbacks.

No higher than 8th? I think this thread is about to be hi-jacked with Bledsoe talk.

To the surprise of no one, the NFL is a disgusting organization. Please stop watching it after TB12 is gone.
I love the Patriots (the football component of the organization) but there's a distinct possibility that once TB12 is gone, my association with football will end, or at the very least, for as long as Goodell remains commissioner. An almost irrelevant point that will make no difference to the industry as a whole but I've already cancelled my subscriptions and will not spend a dime on the NFL in its current administrative form.

The owners do not care about us. **** them.

So much for Jerry Jones the unstoppable machine who was going to stop Goodell getting paid
Seriously.

If there was an owner who could stop this it was Jerry.

Turns out he was completely overpowered and it wasn't even close.

It was like the Bills v the NEP.

Like it or not but Goody is a powerful dude (and a idiot at the same time)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back